Jump to content


Getting an "Insecure Connection" warning for Exisle? No worry

Details in this thread

What Have You Streamed Recently (Netflix, Hulu, Amazon, etc.)


  • Please log in to reply
185 replies to this topic

#121 kcsue

kcsue

    Chocolate Fiend

  • Islander
  • 5,643 posts

Posted 20 August 2018 - 11:38 AM

View PostVirgil Vox, on 19 August 2018 - 07:26 PM, said:

View Postkcsue, on 08 July 2018 - 12:28 PM, said:

I'm finding old cartoons I haven't seen in quite a while.

Which ones?

View PostD.Rabbit, on 11 July 2018 - 07:51 AM, said:

One of the best movie I've ever seen, Swiss Army Man on Netflix.
Mixed reviews but it's really out of the box, very tender, and super silly.

No way I could avoid watching any of it. Constant action and innovation.
Certainly beats all the recent stuff I keep ignoring and relegating as
back ground noise.

I've wanted to watch that. I'll have to add it to my queue.

Right now I am watching Doctor Who, bouncing between the 3rd and 5th Doctors. I might take a break and go back to watching Haven and Eureka. I decided to take a break so I don't burn through those series too fast.

I've seen the titles but have yet to watch - Beetle Bailey, Barney Google and Snuffy Smith, Blondie and Dagwood.
I've watched - Mummies Alive and C.O.P.S.
As long as I have Coffee and Chocolate, the world is safe!

Tyr: Don't forget to hee-haw

#122 RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes

    Idealistic Cynic

  • Demigod
  • 13,605 posts

Posted 21 August 2018 - 05:16 PM

I didn't even know there were animated cartoons of Beetle Bailey, Snuffy Smith, and Blondie.  Where did you find them?
Please visit The RJDiogenes Store. Posted Image   And my Gallery. Posted Image And my YouTube Page. Posted Image And read Trunkards. Posted Image  And then there's my Heroes Essays.  Posted Image

#123 D.Rabbit

D.Rabbit

    Me and all my shadows.

  • Islander
  • 6,150 posts

Posted 21 August 2018 - 07:41 PM

Not a big fan of animation. Sometimes I let it run as background noise and listen to the plots.

I'm  on a DS9 binge.

I skip over all the Klingon chest beating but love the expansion of the Ferengi MO.
7 verses I know you're there behind the veil.

#124 kcsue

kcsue

    Chocolate Fiend

  • Islander
  • 5,643 posts

Posted 22 August 2018 - 11:35 AM

View PostRJDiogenes, on 21 August 2018 - 05:16 PM, said:

I didn't even know there were animated cartoons of Beetle Bailey, Snuffy Smith, and Blondie.  Where did you find them?

I found them on Roku.  I believe it was on Popcornflix.com
As long as I have Coffee and Chocolate, the world is safe!

Tyr: Don't forget to hee-haw

#125 RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes

    Idealistic Cynic

  • Demigod
  • 13,605 posts

Posted 22 August 2018 - 06:25 PM

Nice. That site looks like it has some cool stuff.  I've never heard of it before.
Please visit The RJDiogenes Store. Posted Image   And my Gallery. Posted Image And my YouTube Page. Posted Image And read Trunkards. Posted Image  And then there's my Heroes Essays.  Posted Image

#126 kcsue

kcsue

    Chocolate Fiend

  • Islander
  • 5,643 posts

Posted 23 August 2018 - 03:27 PM

The seventh season of Voltron on Netflix.
As long as I have Coffee and Chocolate, the world is safe!

Tyr: Don't forget to hee-haw

#127 D.Rabbit

D.Rabbit

    Me and all my shadows.

  • Islander
  • 6,150 posts

Posted 03 September 2018 - 11:21 PM

Untamed Australia 11 episodes on Youtube.
A lot of animal porn done with a touch of humor to start with but I was researching Dingos and though they didn't get into their sex life as much as the Koala and the Roos it was still a good time spent, with great photography and music.

Got side tracked and watched the traditional welcome of Hillary Clinton in NZ.
Who is the guy with the red tie?


7 verses I know you're there behind the veil.

#128 RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes

    Idealistic Cynic

  • Demigod
  • 13,605 posts

Posted 04 September 2018 - 05:03 PM

View PostD.Rabbit, on 03 September 2018 - 11:21 PM, said:

Who is the guy with the red tie?  
The Secretary of State's secretary?

That was pretty cool.  I always feel bad for the Secret Service people. I figure most of them must spend their retirement twitching.
Please visit The RJDiogenes Store. Posted Image   And my Gallery. Posted Image And my YouTube Page. Posted Image And read Trunkards. Posted Image  And then there's my Heroes Essays.  Posted Image

#129 Virgil Vox

Virgil Vox
  • Moderator
  • 5,293 posts

Posted 09 September 2018 - 09:24 PM

View PostD.Rabbit, on 21 August 2018 - 07:41 PM, said:

Not a big fan of animation. Sometimes I let it run as background noise and listen to the plots.

I'm  on a DS9 binge.

I skip over all the Klingon chest beating but love the expansion of the Ferengi MO.

I liked what they did with the Ferengi as well. I know a lot of people hate the Ferengi episodes but I find them to be pretty funny.

I rented Blood Fest from Amazon. It is like a love letter to horror movies. Imagine Scream and Cabin in the Woods having a baby and you have a good idea of the movie. It is about a horror movie festival with different zones dedicated to sub-genres like a zombie graveyard, a high school slasher, a Saw-like torture room, etc. The fans get a big surprise when the attractions turn on them and start killing them all. It is a great horror comedy.
"You will give the people an ideal to strive towards. They will race behind you. They will stumble. They will fall. But in time, they will join you in the sun. In time, you will help them accomplish wonders."
--Jor-El


It's a recession when your neighbor loses his job: it's a depression when you lose yours.
-- Harry S. Truman

#130 RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes

    Idealistic Cynic

  • Demigod
  • 13,605 posts

Posted 10 September 2018 - 05:55 PM

Oh, that sounds good.
Please visit The RJDiogenes Store. Posted Image   And my Gallery. Posted Image And my YouTube Page. Posted Image And read Trunkards. Posted Image  And then there's my Heroes Essays.  Posted Image

#131 D.Rabbit

D.Rabbit

    Me and all my shadows.

  • Islander
  • 6,150 posts

Posted 10 September 2018 - 10:22 PM

View PostVirgil Vox, on 09 September 2018 - 09:24 PM, said:

View PostD.Rabbit, on 21 August 2018 - 07:41 PM, said:

Not a big fan of animation. Sometimes I let it run as background noise and listen to the plots.

I'm  on a DS9 binge.

I skip over all the Klingon chest beating but love the expansion of the Ferengi MO.

I liked what they did with the Ferengi as well. I know a lot of people hate the Ferengi episodes but I find them to be pretty funny.
It was not so much the Keystone Cops of the Ferengi's antics, it was more their rules of acquisition that in one ep they compare to the Illuminati of present day earth.
In that ep they prove that they are much more evolved.
By the end of the show, they have truly come into their own with removing old standards and becoming kinder, gentler, as well as more tolerant thanks to Quark's mother.


Currently I'm binge watching, The Flash, on Netflix.
Just moved into season 3 and about to give up.
Seems the writers tend to get stuck in a loop. IMHO being stuck in a loop is the definition of hell!

I was enjoying what they pass off as science but now it's all time travel and the Chaos theory makes me numb.
7 verses I know you're there behind the veil.

#132 kcsue

kcsue

    Chocolate Fiend

  • Islander
  • 5,643 posts

Posted 12 September 2018 - 11:41 AM

Captain Scarlet on Amazon Prime
As long as I have Coffee and Chocolate, the world is safe!

Tyr: Don't forget to hee-haw

#133 Virgil Vox

Virgil Vox
  • Moderator
  • 5,293 posts

Posted 16 September 2018 - 10:29 AM

View PostRJDiogenes, on 10 September 2018 - 05:55 PM, said:

Oh, that sounds good.

It really is. I plan on buying the DVD when it comes out in October. I can see that movie getting added to my annual Halloween movie marathon.
"You will give the people an ideal to strive towards. They will race behind you. They will stumble. They will fall. But in time, they will join you in the sun. In time, you will help them accomplish wonders."
--Jor-El


It's a recession when your neighbor loses his job: it's a depression when you lose yours.
-- Harry S. Truman

#134 RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes

    Idealistic Cynic

  • Demigod
  • 13,605 posts

Posted 17 September 2018 - 05:00 PM

The pre-order is only for Blu Ray, so I'll probably just stream it for my marathon.
Please visit The RJDiogenes Store. Posted Image   And my Gallery. Posted Image And my YouTube Page. Posted Image And read Trunkards. Posted Image  And then there's my Heroes Essays.  Posted Image

#135 D.Rabbit

D.Rabbit

    Me and all my shadows.

  • Islander
  • 6,150 posts

Posted 20 September 2018 - 09:45 PM

I'm switching between Animal Cops and Extreme Hoarders on YouTube.

Animal Cops has shows mostly from the Southern States and South Africa so far.
Nice to see where your donations are going.

I'm not an extreme hoarder by any stretch of the imagination. I watch them on my breaks to give me inspiration to get back into the basement work shop and cull the herds. I keep finding little stashes of stuff I didn't know I had. Why did I have 100 colored pencils that I never use?  I tossed the short ones. Think I'll list the Papa's Pizza pen with the old rotary dial knob on the end. It's a good one with a ring that separates so it holds on to the dial.
I sold that scroll saw 18 years ago, so why do I still have blades for it? Off they go to charity.
I've been at it for days and the trash cans are full of painted scrap lumber, the recycle bin is full, scrap metal bins are filling up with the rusty duplicates, Space has become available that fills up quick enough as I move on down towards where the power lines lower in to the basement so the electrician doesn't hurt himself too much when I have him add a new plug on it's own circuit, to the office.  

Hope the shop vac still works, the cob and spider webs would trill Morticia.
7 verses I know you're there behind the veil.

#136 RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes

    Idealistic Cynic

  • Demigod
  • 13,605 posts

Posted 21 September 2018 - 05:17 PM

Today I watched Kentucky Fried Movie on Amazon Prime. It was pretty good, but the Kung Fu movie went on a bit too long-- they should have cut it down to make room for more stuff.
Please visit The RJDiogenes Store. Posted Image   And my Gallery. Posted Image And my YouTube Page. Posted Image And read Trunkards. Posted Image  And then there's my Heroes Essays.  Posted Image

#137 M.E.

M.E.
  • Islander
  • 8,059 posts

Posted 22 September 2018 - 04:20 PM

View PostD.Rabbit, on 20 September 2018 - 09:45 PM, said:

I'm switching between Animal Cops and Extreme Hoarders on YouTube.

Animal Cops has shows mostly from the Southern States and South Africa so far.
Nice to see where your donations are going.

I'm not an extreme hoarder by any stretch of the imagination. I watch them on my breaks to give me inspiration to get back into the basement work shop and cull the herds. I keep finding little stashes of stuff I didn't know I had. Why did I have 100 colored pencils that I never use?  I tossed the short ones. Think I'll list the Papa's Pizza pen with the old rotary dial knob on the end. It's a good one with a ring that separates so it holds on to the dial.
I sold that scroll saw 18 years ago, so why do I still have blades for it? Off they go to charity.
I've been at it for days and the trash cans are full of painted scrap lumber, the recycle bin is full, scrap metal bins are filling up with the rusty duplicates, Space has become available that fills up quick enough as I move on down towards where the power lines lower in to the basement so the electrician doesn't hurt himself too much when I have him add a new plug on it's own circuit, to the office.  

Hope the shop vac still works, the cob and spider webs would trill Morticia.

Never seen Animal Cops.  Never heard of it before.  I do love watching all those hoarder shows.  It makes me feel the same way you do.  I am always mindful of what I keep.  The rule is if I don't use it for at least a year, I throw it away or donate.  

Thing is I usually regret it.  My phone broke and now I don't have a spare because I got rid of them. :(

#138 M.E.

M.E.
  • Islander
  • 8,059 posts

Posted 22 September 2018 - 04:22 PM

View PostRJDiogenes, on 21 September 2018 - 05:17 PM, said:

Today I watched Kentucky Fried Movie on Amazon Prime. It was pretty good, but the Kung Fu movie went on a bit too long-- they should have cut it down to make room for more stuff.

Hmmm... I suddenly have an irresistible urge for chicken.  I wonder why?

#139 D.Rabbit

D.Rabbit

    Me and all my shadows.

  • Islander
  • 6,150 posts

Posted 22 September 2018 - 05:53 PM

View PostM.E., on 22 September 2018 - 04:20 PM, said:


Never seen Animal Cops.  Never heard of it before.  I do love watching all those hoarder shows.  It makes me feel the same way you do.  I am always mindful of what I keep.  The rule is if I don't use it for at least a year, I throw it away or donate.  

Thing is I usually regret it.  My phone broke and now I don't have a spare because I got rid of them. :(

You Tube is so massive there are so many channels to explore, it's no wonder you have not heard of Animal Cops.

Most recent is where they take a lot of the dogs from the south because southerners don't neuter their pets and find homes for them up north.  They have a big transport leaving every week to giving the over flow their forever homes.

Another new system is to shut down the puppy mills and rehabilitate the breeding pairs so that they learn how to socialize with humans. Puppy mills are very hands off, money first.

Looks like you might be dumpster diving for your next phone! :D
That always happens, you hold on to an item for so long that either it is no longer supported or you forget where you put it and once you do find it and toss it you need it. One of Murphy's Laws.

I've been tossing power tools this week, I don't need 3 of anything, especially if it screams at me or is silent when you pull the trigger. One back up, the rest, RIP.
7 verses I know you're there behind the veil.

#140 M.E.

M.E.
  • Islander
  • 8,059 posts

Posted 22 September 2018 - 11:54 PM

View PostD.Rabbit, on 22 September 2018 - 05:53 PM, said:

View PostM.E., on 22 September 2018 - 04:20 PM, said:

Never seen Animal Cops.  Never heard of it before.  I do love watching all those hoarder shows.  It makes me feel the same way you do.  I am always mindful of what I keep.  The rule is if I don't use it for at least a year, I throw it away or donate.  

Thing is I usually regret it.  My phone broke and now I don't have a spare because I got rid of them. :(

You Tube is so massive there are so many channels to explore, it's no wonder you have not heard of Animal Cops.

Most recent is where they take a lot of the dogs from the south because southerners don't neuter their pets and find homes for them up north.  They have a big transport leaving every week to giving the over flow their forever homes.

Another new system is to shut down the puppy mills and rehabilitate the breeding pairs so that they learn how to socialize with humans. Puppy mills are very hands off, money first.

Looks like you might be dumpster diving for your next phone! :D
That always happens, you hold on to an item for so long that either it is no longer supported or you forget where you put it and once you do find it and toss it you need it. One of Murphy's Laws.

I've been tossing power tools this week, I don't need 3 of anything, especially if it screams at me or is silent when you pull the trigger. One back up, the rest, RIP.

I do remember running into some short (5-15 min) clips about pit bull rescues on youtube.  It was really interesting.  

I bought a cordless power drill about 15 years ago.  I haven't used it once.  Guess I broke the rule on that one cause I still have it. :)


0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users