Getting an "Insecure Connection" warning for Exisle? No worry

Details in this thread

What Have You Streamed Recently (Netflix, Hulu, Amazon, etc.)

• Please log in to reply
183 replies to this topic

#141 D.Rabbit

D.Rabbit

Me and all my shadows.

• Islander
  • 6,145 posts

Posted 23 September 2018 - 12:56 AM

Those that train fighting pit bulls are the one of the reason's why humans should never be allowed in space.
Way too many have a depraved, vicious, greedy, insensitive personalities.

(Watched the first few minutes of Elon Musk's latest announcement. He used fear mongering to support his flight from the planet instinct. That was enough for me and I got up in his face over it.  Why trade one unstable planet for another when he could invest in stopping earth quakes with satellites set up to detect and pulverize rocks stuck in the magma building up pressure on the fault lines?)

Even if the pit bulls are rescued, they have to be put down. They are nice enough with humans but are trained to attack any other dog, maybe after they have ripped their cage and themselves apart to get to them.

Come to think of it, that drill of yours, could come in handy for lobotomizing dog fight entrepreneurs. That should solve the problem. We can't put them down too, but we can make sure they sit in a corner and drool.

D. thinks she might have crossed the lines here? It's only a playful thought, not to be acted on.
7 verses I know you're there behind the veil.

#142 M.E.

M.E.
  • Islander
  • 8,034 posts

Posted 23 September 2018 - 07:34 PM

View PostD.Rabbit, on 23 September 2018 - 12:56 AM, said:

Those that train fighting pit bulls are the one of the reason's why humans should never be allowed in space.
Way too many have a depraved, vicious, greedy, insensitive personalities.

(Watched the first few minutes of Elon Musk's latest announcement. He used fear mongering to support his flight from the planet instinct. That was enough for me and I got up in his face over it.  Why trade one unstable planet for another when he could invest in stopping earth quakes with satellites set up to detect and pulverize rocks stuck in the magma building up pressure on the fault lines?)

Even if the pit bulls are rescued, they have to be put down. They are nice enough with humans but are trained to attack any other dog, maybe after they have ripped their cage and themselves apart to get to them.

Come to think of it, that drill of yours, could come in handy for lobotomizing dog fight entrepreneurs. That should solve the problem. We can't put them down too, but we can make sure they sit in a corner and drool.

D. thinks she might have crossed the lines here? It's only a playful thought, not to be acted on.

Hmmm...playfulness is my favorite pass time. :devil:

#143 D.Rabbit

D.Rabbit

Me and all my shadows.

• Islander
  • 6,145 posts

Posted 01 October 2018 - 08:49 AM

New adventure into genetic, Behavioral Evolution.
Stanford University has released to Youtube Professor Robert Sapolsky's lectures on Genetics.
He is a very engaging speaker.
I finally found the auto play and I'm well on my way to a PHD on the subject.

I even used his teaching to make a joke on the phone about my deep voice this morning.
When she said sorry after calling me sir, I told her I was sorry too, since most men prefer a higher voice.
(It signifies ovulation, which I have not done in over 25 years.) :D

edit: I've been spending the day with my thumbs up and yeah I was right, but this one is a must see for everyone before the the PTB take it down.

Do I believe everything he says?
Stanford must or they would not have made this talk public.

Edited by D.Rabbit, 01 October 2018 - 09:14 PM.

#144 kcsue

kcsue

Chocolate Fiend

• Islander
  • 5,580 posts

Posted 01 October 2018 - 11:15 AM

Inspector Lewis on Amazon Prime.
As long as I have Coffee and Chocolate, the world is safe!

Tyr: Don't forget to hee-haw

#145 RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes

Idealistic Cynic

• Demigod
  • 13,425 posts

Posted 09 October 2018 - 04:41 PM

Last weekend, I watched a movie on YouTube called The Bat Whispers (1930), which was the middle of three adaptations of the play The Bat (the best-known being the third, with Vincent Price and Agnes Moorehead). It was a great spooky house mystery, with all of the quirky characters and red herrings that one would expect, but the cinematography was stunning. The use of a moving camera and the integration of models with live action was amazingly ahead of its time. For example, the movie opened with a shot of a clock on a tower in the city, panned down the side of the building to an overhead shot of people milling around in the street below, then moved down to a street level shot of the entrance-- it was like watching a 1930s version of Google Earth. And the traveling shots during action scenes were amazing. I loved it.
Please visit The RJDiogenes Store. Posted Image   And my Gallery. Posted Image And my YouTube Page. Posted Image And read Trunkards. Posted Image  And then there's my Heroes Essays.  Posted Image

#146 D.Rabbit

D.Rabbit

Me and all my shadows.

• Islander
  • 6,145 posts

Posted 09 October 2018 - 11:04 PM

Thanks for the tip DJ.
Interesting old chestnut.
I let them run until I could not take anymore.
My favorite was the mad cap comedy/murder mystery/Romance/ Sci Fi/ Horror.
The Strange Case of Doctor RX 1942

I started watching the series Black Books, didn't do it for me.
But Father Ted was a total hoot!
Great send up on the Catholic Religion on a remote island in Ireland.

I needed some comedy relief after investigating Alain de Botton.
Not that he wasn't funny to most but nothing absurd occurred and I'm a fan of the absurd.
Botton is an atheist philosopher trying to bring sense to the energies that rule the planet.
In a logical way he is dealing with the absurdity that most people live their lives by.
Liked his assertion that most religious zealots are inclined to have OCD. I can see it.

I left no criticism of his explorations, could find no faults.

As for too long with Robert Sopolsky, the love affair faded and I chewed him out over his edict that we have no free will.
Excuse me, then why at age 10 did I decide that I was no longer going to allow my brothers to torment me by tackling, pinning and tickling me?
I put a stop to that, I decided not to be ticklish.  That is free will.

Gotta love YouTube, so much to explore. If you want to back up, off you go, no waiting for everything to buffer again like on Netflix or other streams.  Safe for the whole family, and very little chance of having your system attacked.
No ads, there might be, but Chromes ad blocker has not shown me any.

#147 RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes

Idealistic Cynic

• Demigod
  • 13,425 posts

Posted 10 October 2018 - 04:47 PM

Ah, The Strange Case of Doctor Rx looks good.  It's even got a gorilla.  :D
Please visit The RJDiogenes Store. Posted Image   And my Gallery. Posted Image And my YouTube Page. Posted Image And read Trunkards. Posted Image  And then there's my Heroes Essays.  Posted Image

#148 D.Rabbit

D.Rabbit

Me and all my shadows.

• Islander
  • 6,145 posts

Posted 12 October 2018 - 11:08 PM

Just found all 300 episodes of Red Green on YouTube.
I once tried to write a female character into the show named Violet, but Steve did not want to insult women by including them.

There was one gal I did see in my spattered viewing of the show. The truck ran out of fuel and she pulled a gas can out of her purse!

The art of the absurd Canadian style.

#149 Virgil Vox

Virgil Vox
  • 5,263 posts

Posted 14 October 2018 - 04:23 PM

I watched all ten episodes of Netflix's The Haunting of Hill House. I enjoyed it a lot. It is a slow burn type of horror series but it works. The show gets you deeply invested in the characters and the scares are earned. There aren't a lot of cheap scares.
"You will give the people an ideal to strive towards. They will race behind you. They will stumble. They will fall. But in time, they will join you in the sun. In time, you will help them accomplish wonders."
--Jor-El

It's a recession when your neighbor loses his job: it's a depression when you lose yours.
-- Harry S. Truman

#150 Niko

Niko
  • Watchdog
  • 2,308 posts

Posted 21 October 2018 - 06:24 PM

Watched the first two episodes of Titans.  First episode was fairly straightforward, setting up the starting points for the characters and getting things rolling, but I REALLY liked the second episode, Hawk & Dove.  I always like when comics really look at the fallout of the "vigilante" lifestyle, and when Dick shows up, Hawk & Dove are on the cusp of the vigilante version of a "last big score" that will allow them to leave "the life" and settle down.  I enjoy seeing that Dick has contacts like this (it's one of the cool things about the character, how he has lots of friends throughout the DC universe) and the bonding/failed-bonding that he's doing with Rachel/Raven in the episode is pretty cool, too
- Whatsoever you do to the least of my people, that you do unto me.    (Matthew 25:40)

- Do not let kindness and truth leave you; Bind them around your neck, Write them on the tablet of your heart.  (Proverbs 3:3)

#151 D.Rabbit

D.Rabbit

Me and all my shadows.

• Islander
  • 6,145 posts

Posted 24 October 2018 - 12:23 AM

Finally after having this movie recommended to me in the 60's it pops ups on YouTube.
Just in time to celebrate Canada's next great attempt at securing world financial domination!

Gotta love the misinformed FDR look-a-like Dr.

This just caught my eye. All he needs is the fedora.
Trudeau.jpg

Hold up a moment:
Trump says he rejected meeting with Trudeau is the caption.
TrudeauTrump.jpg

He did not like Canada's negotiating tactics.
I hope that finger gun is not a sign of aggression. :eek:

Edited by D.Rabbit, 24 October 2018 - 01:10 AM.

#152 RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes

Idealistic Cynic

• Demigod
  • 13,425 posts

Posted 31 October 2018 - 04:56 PM

So as part of my Halloween Marathon, I streamed Freaks of Nature, which was pretty fun and Fury of the Wolfman, which was completely incoherent, both from Amazon.  I also watched Frankenstein's Castle of Freaks (with Michael Dunn), which we can attribute to YouTube, although I actually downloaded it.

#153 Virgil Vox

Virgil Vox
  • 5,263 posts

Posted 04 November 2018 - 08:22 PM

Watched the first two episodes of Titans.  First episode was fairly straightforward, setting up the starting points for the characters and getting things rolling, but I REALLY liked the second episode, Hawk & Dove.  I always like when comics really look at the fallout of the "vigilante" lifestyle, and when Dick shows up, Hawk & Dove are on the cusp of the vigilante version of a "last big score" that will allow them to leave "the life" and settle down.  I enjoy seeing that Dick has contacts like this (it's one of the cool things about the character, how he has lots of friends throughout the DC universe) and the bonding/failed-bonding that he's doing with Rachel/Raven in the episode is pretty cool, to.

Nice to hear your thoughts on the series. I might wait until all the episodes are released and binge watch it. The show still doesn't look like something I would enjoy but I'm trying to keep my mind open.

Finally after having this movie recommended to me in the 60's it pops ups on YouTube.
Just in time to celebrate Canada's next great attempt at securing world financial domination!

I've never seen the original but I did see the musical movie that was based on the original.

I rented The Spy Who Dumped Me from Amazon. I liked it more than I thought I would but it wasn't as good as I was hoping. A lot of the comedy fell flat, though when it did land it landed big. I was also surprised at the action scenes, which were really well done. It makes me wonder what this director could do with a straight up action movie instead of this comedy/action hybrid. The dynamic between the leading ladies was spot on and what made this movie enjoyable. I would like to see them team up again.
"You will give the people an ideal to strive towards. They will race behind you. They will stumble. They will fall. But in time, they will join you in the sun. In time, you will help them accomplish wonders."
--Jor-El

It's a recession when your neighbor loses his job: it's a depression when you lose yours.
-- Harry S. Truman

#154 RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes

Idealistic Cynic

• Demigod
  • 13,425 posts

Posted 05 November 2018 - 06:25 PM

The other movie I downloaded from YouTube for Halloween was Slaughter of the Vampires, from the early 60s, which I expected to be a Jean Rollins kind of thing, but was quite different.  Very moody and enjoyable, but definitely a B-Movie.  The evil Vampire was very over the top-- I'm not sure if he was meant to be an homage, a parody, or if it was just a bad movie. The cinematography was also interesting, giving everything kind of a liquid look that added to the dreamlike feeling of the film.

And then over the weekend I watched K9 and Friends, from 1981, which was very enjoyable and should have been picked up as a series.

#155 D.Rabbit

D.Rabbit

Me and all my shadows.

• Islander
  • 6,145 posts

Posted 05 November 2018 - 07:19 PM

Stumbled onto some Toni Hillerman films on Youtube.
Read most of his books in the 90', the books where better, the films are low budget except for DreamKeeper Parts 1 and 2.
A wonderful exploration of the myth's of the Native American Plains people with some interesting FX. Way better than Princess Bride IMHO.

I also got into Sea of Souls, out of Scotland. More Youtube.
I truly don't like ghost hunter tales but these paranormal action episodes  are cushioned with scientific exploration and proof seeking without the usual hysterics. Maybe a little hysterics? Some of the music was a little nerve grinding.  i suspect it was part of the director's build up of suspense effect that didn't go over well with me. Looking past that I was sad to only be able to access a few of the shows, so far.

#156 Virgil Vox

Virgil Vox
  • 5,263 posts

Posted 09 November 2018 - 11:03 AM

And then over the weekend I watched K9 and Friends, from 1981, which was very enjoyable and should have been picked up as a series.

I agree with you on that.
--Jor-El

-- Harry S. Truman

#157 Virgil Vox

Virgil Vox
  • 5,263 posts

Posted 25 November 2018 - 11:15 PM

Seeing Josh Bowman on Doctor Who made me want to watch his old show, Revenge, again. I stopped watching it either at the end of season 2 or the beginning of season 3 because I felt it had lost its way but that first season is still truly amazing television. I've watched the pilot so far and I was impressed with how great it really is.
--Jor-El

-- Harry S. Truman

#158 D.Rabbit

D.Rabbit

Me and all my shadows.

• Islander
  • 6,145 posts

Posted 29 November 2018 - 07:51 PM

Still hanging out on YouTube.
I'm beginning to believe that they emptied out the warehouses in Hollywood and digitized all of the oldies.

Burk's Law. Big difference between the gray haired version to the shows from the mid 60's.
The early ones where thought provoking and intelligent. The later ones where full of awful puns.

I'm hoping that some of today's film makers take some time to watch the old art of film writing.
It might give them cause to show a little more intellect.
One does not need curse words to get a laugh.

#159 D.Rabbit

D.Rabbit

Me and all my shadows.

• Islander
  • 6,145 posts

Posted 01 December 2018 - 11:37 PM

No one other than I, in the comments, have tried to guess the secret mentioned at the begging of this excellent movie of it's era.

If you get a chance see if you can figure it out.

#160 kcsue

kcsue

Chocolate Fiend

• Islander
  • 5,580 posts

Posted 14 December 2018 - 05:08 PM

I've been watching the second season of MST 3K The Return - The Gauntlet on Netflix.
As long as I have Coffee and Chocolate, the world is safe!

Tyr: Don't forget to hee-haw

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users