Getting an "Insecure Connection" warning for Exisle? No worry

Details in this thread

What Have You Streamed Recently (Netflix, Hulu, Amazon, etc.)

• Please log in to reply
164 replies to this topic

#161 Virgil Vox

Virgil Vox
  • 5,150 posts

Posted 15 December 2018 - 10:17 AM

I watched The Christmas Chronicles on Netflix. It is a pretty good Christmas movie. I find myself enjoying it more than I thought I would. It makes me hope for a sequel next year.
"You will give the people an ideal to strive towards. They will race behind you. They will stumble. They will fall. But in time, they will join you in the sun. In time, you will help them accomplish wonders."
--Jor-El

It's a recession when your neighbor loses his job: it's a depression when you lose yours.
-- Harry S. Truman

#162 RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes

Idealistic Cynic

• Demigod
  • 12,914 posts

Posted 16 December 2018 - 05:42 PM

That sounds interesting. It almost seems like it could have been an elaborate episode of The Librarians. And it's set in Massachusetts, which is cool.
Please visit The RJDiogenes Store. Posted Image   And my Gallery. Posted Image And my YouTube Page. Posted Image And read Trunkards. Posted Image  And then there's my Heroes Essays.  Posted Image

#163 D.Rabbit

D.Rabbit

Me and all my shadows.

• Islander
  • 6,118 posts

Posted 31 December 2018 - 07:22 PM

I was lead to believe that "Touch" on Netflix was a good show.  Totally felt insulted after they said, "The numbers are always right until they are not." twice.

Love Travelers. There are some insulting moment but the writers play them down so you let them slide.
So far, good show better than the usual back ground noise.
7 verses I know you're there behind the veil.

#164 D.Rabbit

D.Rabbit

Me and all my shadows.

• Islander
  • 6,118 posts

Posted 05 January 2019 - 11:56 PM

This is a lesson on how to bilk an insurance company for 1.5 billion bucks to haul it off for scrap.

I could have done it for a lot less. See comment with the yellow rabbit wearing glasses.
7 verses I know you're there behind the veil.

#165 Niko

Niko
  • Watchdog
  • 2,282 posts

Posted 11 January 2019 - 12:04 PM

Finished Titans on DC Universe.  It was really good!  A huge improvement over the current state of the CW shows, at the very least.

Some not-great elements first:  The breakdown of specific episodes in the season was a weird split between following the origin story for the Titans as a team and more general worldbuilding.   There were two separate episodes that focused more on Hawk & Dove than they did on the core Titans, episodes that were mainly introducing Donna Troy and Jason Todd, and a 'backdoor pilot' style story introducing the Doom Patrol.    Most of these individual episodes were cool stories in their own right, and a nice spotlight on some DC characters who haven't been seen on-screen before, but in the context of the actual team of Dick/Rachel/Kory/Garth, it made for some weird pacing where it felt like we were taking a break from their origin story at odd moments.    And the origin story itself focused a LOT on Dick and Rachel, so fans looking for big plotlines for Kory or Garth would probably be disappointed.  (I'm a big Dick Grayson fangirl, so I was fine with it.  :) )

Good bits:  The main character arcs for Rachel and Dick were really good, imo.  There's a lot of emphasis put on Batman and Dick figuring out how to move out of Batman's shadow (and probably laying the groundwork for him to become Nightwing next season), and Rachel's story is the main mystery driving the entire season, so there's lots of fun stuff going on there.  The team, when they come together, gels really nicely, with plenty of humor.  Kory, in particular, cracks me up a lot with just her turns of phrase or a dry comment here and there.  It's interesting to see this show doing humor because it's very different from the dork-centric, pop-culture-reference-laden humor like you get with The Flash or Legends.   Also, the action side of things is done REALLY well.  The show *is* more violent than we get in the CW shows, but it's nowhere near the ultraviolent sort of grimdark-fest that I think people were expecting based on the "F--- Batman" trailer.   Probably on par with what the Netflix Marvel shows do.  And when they do have fight scenes, they're VERY nicely choreographed, with moves appropriate to the characters.

Next up on DCUniverse is Young Justice Season 3.  I've seen three episodes so far, and so far so good on that one.
- Whatsoever you do to the least of my people, that you do unto me.    (Matthew 25:40)

- Do not let kindness and truth leave you; Bind them around your neck, Write them on the tablet of your heart.  (Proverbs 3:3)

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users