Getting an "Insecure Connection" warning for Exisle? No worry

Details in this thread

What Have You Streamed Recently (Netflix, Hulu, Amazon, etc.)

• Please log in to reply
195 replies to this topic

#181 RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes

Idealistic Cynic

• Demigod
  • 13,925 posts

Posted 22 April 2019 - 06:25 PM

Yeah, it's getting pretty ridiculous. Unless they start merging-- or hooking up with Amazon like HBO and some others do-- or relying solely on ad revenue like broadcast channels-- most of them will go down in flames.
Please visit The RJDiogenes Store. Posted Image   And my Gallery. Posted Image And my YouTube Page. Posted Image And read Trunkards. Posted Image  And then there's my Heroes Essays.  Posted Image

#182 D.Rabbit

D.Rabbit

Me and all my shadows.

• Islander
  • 6,161 posts

Posted 31 May 2019 - 04:04 AM

Finally got a somewhat stable feed again.
At least when it rains I have something rather then nothing at all.
I was pretty sure it was them not me and didn't bother with the 12' extension to my TV tower. It would have made me a target because the house would have looked like a unauthorized cell phone station high jacking signals from the spy satellites. :D
At least I got rid of those pesky air force antiques.

Today was pretty much the first unbroken signal day in months.
Off to YouTube.

This was pretty much the worst debate I've ever witnessed.
Not that these men are not fully articulate and respectful of the art but as a poster boy for atheism Hitchens is a bust against Lane who is a consummate snake oil salesman.
It's true Hitchens makes excellent points but he has no ammunition to take down the old school like I do.
Not saying I want to take his place, more so lead him down the path to verifiable proof.

Went to bed and could not sleep, scratch scratch from the black fly bite.
I've never seen this crazy Randy Rainbow before. One of YouTube's best kept secrets.

Edited by D.Rabbit, 31 May 2019 - 04:07 AM.

7 verses I know you're there behind the veil.

#183 Virgil Vox

Virgil Vox
  • 5,388 posts

Posted 04 June 2019 - 09:27 PM

I watched Chasing Happiness, an Amazon Prime documentary about the Jonas Brothers. It chronicles their rise to fame, the tensions that developed at the height of their fame, the band's break-up, the tensions between the brothers after the break-up, and their eventual reconciliation and comeback. It's actually quite good and the brothers are pretty candid about their struggles and what they regret. It gets pretty tense at times too as they confront each other about all the stuff that went on at the time of the band's dissolution.

I watched the pilot movie Malibu Rescue on Netflix. It is a show that wouldn't be out of place on either the Disney Channel or Nickelodeon. In fact it has several former Nickelodeon stars on it. The plot revolves around a few misfit teens who are bused from the Valley out to Malibu Beach to participate in a junior lifeguard program. The director of the program doesn't want the kids there but is forced to take them because of the mayor. They basically have to prove that they deserve to be there. It's not for for what it is and I'll probably give the series a chance.

I rented Mortal Engines and the newest Robin Hood from Amazon. Both movies were better than I was expecting. I might review them soon.
"You will give the people an ideal to strive towards. They will race behind you. They will stumble. They will fall. But in time, they will join you in the sun. In time, you will help them accomplish wonders."
--Jor-El

It's a recession when your neighbor loses his job: it's a depression when you lose yours.
-- Harry S. Truman

#184 EChatty

EChatty

Lurker Extaordinaire

• SuperMod
  • 22,747 posts

Posted 05 June 2019 - 12:16 PM

My husband streams from Roku. Netflix, CBS All-Access, Amazon Prime, Hulu, etc. He has his favorites and doesn't stream them all, just the ones that have his favorite old shows on.

#185 D.Rabbit

D.Rabbit

Me and all my shadows.

• Islander
  • 6,161 posts

Posted 10 August 2019 - 03:22 AM

I've been exploring the scientific view of human nature.
The YouTube channel is called, The Thinking Atheist
Mostly pod casts but the occasional guest like the dudes that review movies on various religions.
It is hosted by Matt Dillahunty who once was preacher in the bible belt.

I don't class myself in with the Atheist, they don't believe in Psychic abilities.
I can prove that I have some. It's a rare gift. I know for a certainty if I was ever tested, I'd flunk.
I can feel and hear certain things going on, but it only happens occasionally.
Do wish I had not taken that nap after hearing my snow plow jockey start his engine in April.
Took all of last summer to repair the damage he did to my gravel driveway.
I could hear him, he could not hear me when I told him, Don't you dare.
It needed grading, all's good.

#186 Virgil Vox

Virgil Vox
  • 5,388 posts

Posted 18 August 2019 - 06:33 PM

I've watched the first episode of Veronica Mars season 4. I haven't watched the rest yet because I was reading an article about the season that spoiled the name of the bomber but I barely glanced at it so I am waiting until it is sufficiently out of my mind before watching the rest of the episodes.

I watched Sherlock Holmes: Case for Evil on Amazon Prime. It is basically an origin story for Holmes with a young James D'Arcy as the master sleuth. I enjoyed it. I wish they had done more of them.

New episodes of Patriot Act with Hassan Minhaj have arrived on Netflix so I've been watching those.
"You will give the people an ideal to strive towards. They will race behind you. They will stumble. They will fall. But in time, they will join you in the sun. In time, you will help them accomplish wonders."
--Jor-El

It's a recession when your neighbor loses his job: it's a depression when you lose yours.
-- Harry S. Truman

#187 RommieSG

RommieSG

Heir to the Empire

• Islander
  • 17,191 posts

Posted 25 September 2019 - 04:48 AM

My friend and I recently finished watching Mobile Suit Gundam Wing as he has never seen it before. We're still continuing our runthrough of Babylon 5 and will most likely follow that up with Farscape. He doesn't know what he was doing in the 90s while most of this stuff was on, but he's making up for it now. We're also all caught up on RWBY, My Hero Academia, and a couple other things I can't think of.

Also in the last couple months completely got caught up on the Korean variety show Running Man. Now my mother and I can watch each episode every sunday as it airs like everyone else. Took over three years, but have now seen all 469 episodes :)
Posted Image

#188 Virgil Vox

Virgil Vox
  • 5,388 posts

Posted 09 October 2019 - 07:22 PM

^I'm also watching Babylon 5 though since I bought the box set I am no longer streaming it.

I watched The Strangers: Prey At Night which was pretty good though I felt that the Strangers were too good at finding their victims in a rather large deserted trailer park.

I also watched the first episode of Dharma & Greg, a sitcom I liked a lot back in the 90s. I've watched some Will & Grace as well.
--Jor-El

-- Harry S. Truman

#189 D.Rabbit

D.Rabbit

Me and all my shadows.

• Islander
  • 6,161 posts

Posted 11 October 2019 - 07:15 PM

I'm still exploring YouTube.
Recently my feed has been infested with comedians I've never heard of.
This is not surprising, since I live off the beaten track.

Free for the watching:

I'm really ticked off at my son's inability to deliver when he says he will so late term abortions of 152 trimesters is a cathartic thought.

Edit is a case in point, I'm still typing on my laptop. I want a working desk top again.

Edited by D.Rabbit, 11 October 2019 - 07:18 PM.

#190 Virgil Vox

Virgil Vox
  • 5,388 posts

Posted 19 October 2019 - 02:08 PM

I'll have to watch that Christopher Titus special soon. I loved his TV show when it aired way back when.

I watched Elvira, Mistress of the Dark. I rented and watched two Bigfoot found footage movies (Exists and Willow Creek). I watched a chupacabra movie called Indigenous that was just okay.
--Jor-El

-- Harry S. Truman

#191 D.Rabbit

D.Rabbit

Me and all my shadows.

• Islander
  • 6,161 posts

Posted 19 October 2019 - 06:19 PM

C. Titus now has a podcast on YouTube with his gal.
Seems he found the meaning of life in the dentist chair.

I am in the Halloween spirit, only if you call watching a variety of true crime shows from around the world scary.
Some are, those crazies could be lurking anywhere and they don't wear costumes.

#192 M.E.

M.E.
  • Islander
  • 8,115 posts

Posted 20 October 2019 - 01:28 AM

I've been in the Halloween spirit this year too.

I've been streaming this guy called Nukes Top 5 on youtube.  Lots of fun scares and a real time thief.

Edited by M.E., 20 October 2019 - 01:36 AM.

#193 D.Rabbit

D.Rabbit

Me and all my shadows.

• Islander
  • 6,161 posts

Posted 23 October 2019 - 09:32 PM

I checked out a few of Nukes Top 5. Not a big fan of all that staged adrenaline rush fun.

My latest heart throb I found after 22 Minutes posted the question of Scheer's dirty tactics in the election where he shook his head no but confirmed the allegations by nodding his head yes after he lied to us again.

I'm a big fan of reading body language so when I came upon this 2 part talk on the subject I had to delve in.

Nice of Youtube to plump up my feed with something of substance.
Would be better in a Ted's talk format. Just think of it as reality TV.
For the sensitive viewer, David is not for everyone.

#194 RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes

Idealistic Cynic

• Demigod
  • 13,925 posts

Posted 30 October 2019 - 06:25 PM

Today I bought Pride and Prejudice and Zombies on Amazon Prime. It was very nice.  Basically a megabudget B-Movie.  Most of the humor is rather subtle and satirical, even the slapstick, and it's a lot of fun watching the women battle Zombies (and people) in those period dresses.  The Zombies are more like Z Nation Zombies than Dawn of the Dead Zombies.
Please visit The RJDiogenes Store. Posted Image   And my Gallery. Posted Image And my YouTube Page. Posted Image And read Trunkards. Posted Image  And then there's my Heroes Essays.  Posted Image

#195 Virgil Vox

Virgil Vox
  • 5,388 posts

Posted 17 November 2019 - 07:41 PM

^I liked Pride, Prejudice, and Zombies a lot too. I actually rented it on DVD back when we still had a rental store in town. I liked it so much I bought it on Blu-Ray.

I am still watching Dharma & Greg. I had forgotten how funny this show was. I am really enjoying it.

I had something of a 90s/early 2000s streaming night yesterday. I watched the first two episodes of Buffy the Vampire Slayer. I followed that up with an episode of Roswell and Dawson's Creek.
--Jor-El

-- Harry S. Truman

#196 Virgil Vox

Virgil Vox
  • 5,388 posts

Posted 25 November 2019 - 07:20 PM

I subscribed to Disney+. Since Disney now seems to own all of Hollywood it is an impressive amount of content. I was mainly interested in the old 90s and early 2000s shows and DCOMs.

I was ecstatic to see that So Weird was included. I loved that show when I was younger and haven't seen it since. I've watched the first two episodes and they hold up really well.

Unfortunately The Famous Jett Jackson and The Jersey aren't included but I have my fingers crossed that they will be included one day.

The same is true for Aaron Stone. That seemed like an odd one not to have on the service since it was the first Disney XD series. They have Skyrunners, the first Disney XD movie which stars Kelly Blatz, who played Aaron Stone, which just makes the situation weirder.

Still, the sheer amount of of content is amazing and it will take a long time to search through it all and actually watch it all. I know what I'll be doing over the Christmas break.
--Jor-El

-- Harry S. Truman

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users