Agents of SHIELD Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. Marvels Agents of SHIELD Marvel TV

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 G-man

G-man

Is there a problem?

• 8,664 posts

Posted 10 May 2016 - 11:32 AM

S.H.I.E.L.D. feel like they must be open about their involvement with Inhumans; as the stakes rise, the team is tested in unanticipated ways.

In Part 3 of 4 of the season closing "Fallen Agent" arc things are coming to a head.  Tune in to ABC tonight, 9pm Eastern, 8pm Central, True Believers, and see what happens.

/s/

Gloriosus
the G-man Himself

Edited by G-man, 10 May 2016 - 11:33 AM.

Let me strive every moment of my life to make myself better and better, to the best of my ability, so that all may profit by it.
Let me think of the right and lend my assistance to all who may need it, with no regard for anything but justice.
Let me take what comes with a smile, without loss of courage.
Let me be considerate of my country, of my fellow citizens, and my associates in everything I say and do.
Let me do right to all, and wrong no man.
-- Doc Savage

Few people want to be moderated, most people see the need for everyone else to be moderated. -- Orpheus

#2 RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes

Idealistic Cynic

• Demigod
  • 14,343 posts

Posted 10 May 2016 - 06:38 PM

I'd be looking forward to it more if the announcer weren't breathless with excitement over imminent death.  :lol:
Please visit The RJDiogenes Store. Posted Image   And my Gallery. Posted Image And my YouTube Page. Posted Image And read Trunkards. Posted Image  And then there's my Heroes Essays.  Posted Image

#3 RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes

Idealistic Cynic

• Demigod
  • 14,343 posts

Posted 12 May 2016 - 06:49 PM

Well, that was quite an eventful episode.  Nice switcheroo there, Lincoln for ash.  And Mack almost screwed it up by being too good at his job.  :lol:

Definitely too bad about Lash.  I was hoping that the cure would somehow allow him to maintain Andrew's personality with Lash's powers.  But what did they say about Lash's purpose not being to kill Hive, but to save Daisy?  I think they're really straining credulity with this powers-having-a-purpose business.  How do the powers know when they're
needed?  Or where they're needed?  Is there a Power God watching over the Inhumans, with knowledge of future events?  

And, speaking of Gods, it looks like Mack and YoYo are friends again.  And he has the cross.  I can't decide if this is an ominous portent or an obvious red herring.

I got a kick out of Coulson's verbal sparring with Talbot-- "I run a tight ship."  :lol:  And the bar booth elevator at the beginning triggered the Get Smart theme in my head.  :D
Please visit The RJDiogenes Store. Posted Image   And my Gallery. Posted Image And my YouTube Page. Posted Image And read Trunkards. Posted Image  And then there's my Heroes Essays.  Posted Image

#4 Cardie

Cardie

I'm a very *good* tailor

• Administrator
  • 22,651 posts

Posted 12 May 2016 - 11:27 PM

Coulson has been limping for so many episodes I wonder if Clark Gregg actually injured himself.

I'm betting it's YoYo who dies.
Nothing succeeds like excess.

#5 RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes

Idealistic Cynic

• Demigod
  • 14,343 posts

Posted 13 May 2016 - 07:17 PM

I think so, too.  I really don't want anyone to die.  They kill people off too readily these days.

#6 G-man

G-man

Is there a problem?

• 8,664 posts

Posted 16 May 2016 - 02:21 PM

^^^ Well, all we've seen, to the best of my recollection, was a body floating with a SHIELD emblem on its sleeve, and a cross and chain.  It's suggestive that someone died, and certainly the promotions (along with that Fallen Agent poster) the implication is that someone will die.  But it is not definitive.

And if someone does die ... I hate to say this, but Mack fulfills the Gwen Stacy role far more than Yoyo does.  However, this show has continually managed to obscure its twists in its promos far more effectively than others.

That said, this episode actually felt tightly written, unlike the previous week, at no time did anything feel like it was dragging, or felt like a filler.  Which considering this one was mostly people sitting around talking, as opposed to the usual action beats, this is quite an accomplishment.

/s/

Gloriosus
the G-man Himself
Let me strive every moment of my life to make myself better and better, to the best of my ability, so that all may profit by it.
Let me think of the right and lend my assistance to all who may need it, with no regard for anything but justice.
Let me take what comes with a smile, without loss of courage.
Let me be considerate of my country, of my fellow citizens, and my associates in everything I say and do.
Let me do right to all, and wrong no man.
-- Doc Savage

Few people want to be moderated, most people see the need for everyone else to be moderated. -- Orpheus

#7 Sci-Fi Girl

Sci-Fi Girl

Help me save Dark Matter!

• Islander
  • 5,043 posts

Posted 16 May 2016 - 02:24 PM

Apparently, the theory going around is that the finale will be a two hour game of hot-potato with YoYo's necklace!  :lol:  A very deadly game of hot-potato!!  :o

SFG
"A song is like a picture of a bird in flight; the bird was moving before the picture was taken, and no doubt continued after."   - Pete Seeger

Pete Seeger's life was a picture of an idea in flight, and the idea will continue long after.  As long as there are people with goodness and courage in their hearts, the idea will continue forever.

Posted Image   Posted Image

Check out my music threads:

Beautiful Music: Folk, Acoustic, Traditional, and World

A Celebration of Song Lyrics, New and Old: Just the poetry  (to include those with different musical tastes than me)

When Sci Fi Actors Sing

#8 Sci-Fi Girl

Sci-Fi Girl

Help me save Dark Matter!

• Islander
  • 5,043 posts

Posted 16 May 2016 - 02:30 PM

View PostG-man, on 16 May 2016 - 02:21 PM, said:

^^^ Well, all we've seen, to the best of my recollection, was a body floating with a SHIELD emblem on its sleeve, and a cross and chain.  It's suggestive that someone died, and certainly the promotions (along with that Fallen Agent poster) the implication is that someone will die.  But it is not definitive.

But there is also the apparent fact that every premonition that came from that guy featured someone dying.  Who dies was always open to interpretation, even if the vision seemed to be clear.  This one is not clear who, but still, every premonition so far has been about a death.

I do agree with you about promotional material being misleading in general, and this crew is particularly good at keeping surprises hidden, so who knows!  For all we know, the death is Hive! :lol:  (Too obvious? ;))

SFG
"A song is like a picture of a bird in flight; the bird was moving before the picture was taken, and no doubt continued after."   - Pete Seeger

Pete Seeger's life was a picture of an idea in flight, and the idea will continue long after.  As long as there are people with goodness and courage in their hearts, the idea will continue forever.

Posted Image   Posted Image

Check out my music threads:

Beautiful Music: Folk, Acoustic, Traditional, and World

A Celebration of Song Lyrics, New and Old: Just the poetry  (to include those with different musical tastes than me)

When Sci Fi Actors Sing

#9 FarscapeOne

FarscapeOne
  • Islander
  • 4,041 posts

Posted 16 May 2016 - 02:54 PM

The thing to remember is that the death visions came from the person's own eyes.  Every person.

That tells me it is Daisy seeing her own death.

BUT... people have been killed and brought back to life repeatedly in genre series.  Just ask the crew of any ship named 'Enterprise'.

So they can still kill her, but they can still revive her.  Thus, fulfilling the vision.

#10 Cardie

Cardie

I'm a very *good* tailor

• Administrator
  • 22,651 posts

Posted 16 May 2016 - 02:54 PM

If Hive should die, how will they keep Brett Dalton on the show next? I think it's a thing that he will continue to morph into various SHIELD antagonists.
Nothing succeeds like excess.

#11 RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes

Idealistic Cynic

• Demigod
  • 14,343 posts

Posted 16 May 2016 - 05:46 PM

Maybe an alternate universe version of Ward where he really was a good guy. After all this time, turn him into the character we thought he was at first. That would be a twist.  :D

It's a good point that everybody always sees their own death. That would fit with the foreshadowing of Coulson admitting that Daisy is the daughter that he never had.  And characters can indeed be brought back to life-- with something as simple as CPR. I think they already used that gimmick on Buffy, though.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Agents of SHIELD, Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D., Marvels Agents of SHIELD, Marvel TV

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users