Getting an "Insecure Connection" warning for Exisle? No worry

Details in this thread

Krypton!

Krypton Man of Steel Superman DC Comics

• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

#1 QueenTiye

QueenTiye

Behavior is not reproducible over multiple trials.

• Islander
  • 24,257 posts

Posted 11 May 2016 - 01:18 PM

Please please PLEASE let this be the same Krypton we saw in Man of Steel!  But either way... YAY!

http://variety.com/2...yfy-1201769411/

Syfy has ordered a pilot for “Krypton,” the long in-development Superman prequel series.
Set two generations before the destruction of Superman’s home planet, “Krypton” tells the story of the Man of Steel’s grandfather, who is fighting to restore his family’s honor following a public disgrace. David S. Goyer, the screenwriter of “Batman Begins,” “Man of Steel” and “Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice,” will write the pilot with Ian Goldberg and serve as executive producer through his company Phantom Four. Fellow exec producer Damon Kandler will serve as showrunner.

QT

Een Draght Mackt Maght

#2 G-man

G-man

Is there a problem?

• 8,260 posts

Posted 12 May 2016 - 02:14 PM

^^^ We can only hope, QT.

My fear is that Syfy's parsimony will probably usher in yet another new look for Krypton, a cheaper look, as opposed to what we saw in Man of Steel.

/s/

Gloriosus
the G-man Himself
Let me strive every moment of my life to make myself better and better, to the best of my ability, so that all may profit by it.
Let me think of the right and lend my assistance to all who may need it, with no regard for anything but justice.
Let me take what comes with a smile, without loss of courage.
Let me be considerate of my country, of my fellow citizens, and my associates in everything I say and do.
Let me do right to all, and wrong no man.
-- Doc Savage

Few people want to be moderated, most people see the need for everyone else to be moderated. -- Orpheus

#3 RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes

Idealistic Cynic

• Demigod
  • 11,286 posts

Posted 12 May 2016 - 06:27 PM

Honestly, I couldn't even make it through the Krypton sequence in Man of Steel.  I'm not terribly interested in this show to begin with, given that description of the premise, but it would need to come up with a more exotic look to entice me at all.
Please visit The RJDiogenes Store. Posted Image   And my Gallery. Posted Image And my YouTube Page. Posted Image And read Trunkards. Posted Image  And then there's my Heroes Essays.  Posted Image

#4 Lambsilencer

Lambsilencer

Shh... the lambs are sleeping...

• Islander
  • 6,593 posts

Posted 13 May 2016 - 02:29 PM

I'm bumping this for a change, so it doesn't get buried in my Upfronts threads.

Greets
Lambsilencer

#5 Jorgasnarova

Jorgasnarova
  • Islander
  • 538 posts

Posted 18 April 2017 - 11:07 PM

Something purporting to be a teaser trailer for the upcoming SyFy pilot of "Krypton" is here:

https://vimeo.com/213733111

If legit, looks nice.  Re-doing the Krypton of "Man of Steel" on a TV schedule and budget really isn't possible.  This Krypton looks like a cross between how the planet was depicted in "Man of Steel," "Smallville," and "Supergirl."

#6 Jorgasnarova

Jorgasnarova
  • Islander
  • 538 posts

Posted 19 April 2017 - 12:45 AM

This video has been deleted from Vimeo at the behest of Warner Brothers, who claimed copyright infringement.

Ouch.  The guy who leaked this trailer may be talking with lawyers and looking for another job tomorrow. :dizzy:

#7 Jorgasnarova

Jorgasnarova
  • Islander
  • 538 posts

Posted 19 April 2017 - 03:46 AM

The trailer still appears to be up on Twitter.

https://twitter.com/...5072&autosize=1

#8 RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes

Idealistic Cynic

• Demigod
  • 11,286 posts

Posted 19 April 2017 - 05:43 PM

Game of Krypton.  :lol:
Please visit The RJDiogenes Store. Posted Image   And my Gallery. Posted Image And my YouTube Page. Posted Image And read Trunkards. Posted Image  And then there's my Heroes Essays.  Posted Image

#9 Lord of the Sword

Lord of the Sword
  • Islander
  • 15,624 posts

Posted 20 April 2017 - 12:12 PM

To be honest, the premise of the show doesn't really interest me. I really could care less about Superman's Grandfather. Not to mention we all know how the story ends, with the destruction of Krypton. I think I'll pass on this one.
"Sometimes you get the point of the sword, sometimes the edge, sometimes the flat of the blade (even if you're the Lord of the Sword) and sometimes you're the guy wielding it. But any day without the Sword or its Lord is one that could've been better  " ~Orpheus.

The Left is inclusive, and tolerant, unless you happen to think and believe different than they do~ Lord of the Sword

The last republican leaning independent on this message board. All others have been silenced and driven off, or outright banned. Only ONE remains. I guess HighLander had it right all along....In the end, there can be only ONE.

#10 G-man

G-man

Is there a problem?

• 8,260 posts

Posted 20 April 2017 - 01:11 PM

Yeah, it shares a number of the same issues as did Caprica, and I'm not feeling the domed city... I far prefer the art design of Man of Steel, as it genuinely felt like an ancient, creaking society on a dying world that still possessed beauty and wonders.

From the trailer, it feels a lot like Sci-Fi's recent reprise of Flash Gordon removing the exotic elements for the generic.

(sigh)

A closer look at the multi-faced figure reveals that they opted not to use the alphabet (and probably language) that was devised for Man of Steel which is a crying shame :(

/s/

Gloriosus
the G-man Himself

Edited by G-man, 20 April 2017 - 01:19 PM.

Let me strive every moment of my life to make myself better and better, to the best of my ability, so that all may profit by it.
Let me think of the right and lend my assistance to all who may need it, with no regard for anything but justice.
Let me take what comes with a smile, without loss of courage.
Let me be considerate of my country, of my fellow citizens, and my associates in everything I say and do.
Let me do right to all, and wrong no man.
-- Doc Savage

Few people want to be moderated, most people see the need for everyone else to be moderated. -- Orpheus

#11 RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes

Idealistic Cynic

• Demigod
  • 11,286 posts

Posted 20 April 2017 - 06:27 PM

The purist in me is bugged that all these different licenses are not only inconsistent with the source material, but inconsistent with each other. What I'd really like to see is the Krypton of old-- suns emblazoned on shirts, flying cars, a color palette.

#12 Jorgasnarova

Jorgasnarova
  • Islander
  • 538 posts

Posted 11 May 2017 - 03:25 PM

SyFy has announced they are giving a green light to a full series order for the Krypton pilot.

#13 Jorgasnarova

Jorgasnarova
  • Islander
  • 538 posts

Posted 15 May 2017 - 01:43 AM

Inasmuch as David S. Goyer co-wrote both "Man of Steel" and the "Krypton" TV pilot  it should be interesting to see how much of Krypton's history and culture from "Man of Steel" is re-purposed for the TV series.  (Actually I am expecting the TV pilot to be a mish-mash of elements culled from "Man of Steel,"  the Richard Donner films, and whatever aspects from the frequently contradictory comic book accounts the writers and producers found interesting and achievable in a TV format.)

According to the "Man of Steel"  blu-ray Kryptonian society was somewhat similar to ancient feudal Japan in that society was rigidly class structured, with the populace organized into five major castes or guilds:  Artisan, Laborer, Mediator, Thinker, and Warrior.

In one comic book account of Krypton's destruction, a terrorist group called The Black Zero some two thousand years before Superman's birth detonated a doomsday device they planted near the planet's core.  Since nothing immediately happened the device was widely considered to have been a dud until Jor-El sadly discovered it merely had a very delayed effect.

#14 Jorgasnarova

Jorgasnarova
  • Islander
  • 538 posts

Posted 15 May 2017 - 01:57 AM

Found a copy of the trailer that is still up on Vimeo.

https://vimeo.com/214399308

#15 RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes

Idealistic Cynic

• Demigod
  • 11,286 posts

Posted 15 May 2017 - 06:12 PM

View PostJorgasnarova, on 15 May 2017 - 01:43 AM, said:

In one comic book account of Krypton's destruction, a terrorist group called The Black Zero some two thousand years before Superman's birth detonated a doomsday device they planted near the planet's core.  Since nothing immediately happened the device was widely considered to have been a dud until Jor-El sadly discovered it merely had a very delayed effect.  
That's kind of funny.  Reminds me a bit of Robots of Dawn: A very slowwwww doomsday device.  :lol:

#16 Jorgasnarova

Jorgasnarova
  • Islander
  • 538 posts

Posted 01 June 2017 - 08:15 PM

With KRYPTON now having a full series order, the premiere of the pilot movie and the following TV series has been re-scheduled to 2018.

#17 QueenTiye

QueenTiye

Behavior is not reproducible over multiple trials.

• Islander
  • 24,257 posts

Posted 02 June 2017 - 11:02 AM

I'm still looking forward to this. :)

QT

Een Draght Mackt Maght

#18 Jorgasnarova

Jorgasnarova
  • Islander
  • 538 posts

Posted 10 July 2017 - 11:47 PM

The San Diego Comic Con will be having a KRYPTON presentation on July 22nd.

#19 Jorgasnarova

Jorgasnarova
  • Islander
  • 538 posts

Posted 21 July 2017 - 08:27 PM

A new teaser trailer for KRYPTON has been released.  It is pretty much just a very abbreviated version of the leaked trailer but there are a few snippets of new footage.

#20 Jorgasnarova

Jorgasnarova
  • Islander
  • 538 posts

Posted 23 July 2017 - 03:33 AM

The San Diego Comic Con reports the storyline of KRYPTON involves time travel and a adversary determined to erase Superman from history by destroying the family bloodlines that produced him.  Hawkgirl from the planet Thanagar and Adam Strange from Rann will make appearances.

http://io9.gizmodo.c...r-th-1797160299

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Krypton, Man of Steel, Superman, DC Comics

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users