Getting an "Insecure Connection" warning for Exisle? No worry

Details in this thread

Agents of SHIELD Season 3 Finale: Absolution/Ascension

Agents of SHIELD Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. Marvels Agents of SHIELD Season Finale Marvel TV

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 G-man

G-man

Is there a problem?

• 8,664 posts

Posted 17 May 2016 - 02:32 PM

With Hive's master plan known, the team must spring into action and take them on in a deadly battle.

Tune in to the two-hour event, True Believers, as season 3 cascades to its conclusion, tonight on ABC at 9-11pm Eastern (check your local listings).

/s/

Gloriosus
the G-man Himself
Let me strive every moment of my life to make myself better and better, to the best of my ability, so that all may profit by it.
Let me think of the right and lend my assistance to all who may need it, with no regard for anything but justice.
Let me take what comes with a smile, without loss of courage.
Let me be considerate of my country, of my fellow citizens, and my associates in everything I say and do.
Let me do right to all, and wrong no man.
-- Doc Savage

Few people want to be moderated, most people see the need for everyone else to be moderated. -- Orpheus

#2 RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes

Idealistic Cynic

• Demigod
  • 14,343 posts

Posted 17 May 2016 - 05:34 PM

Who will die?  :cry:
Please visit The RJDiogenes Store. Posted Image   And my Gallery. Posted Image And my YouTube Page. Posted Image And read Trunkards. Posted Image  And then there's my Heroes Essays.  Posted Image

#3 zarkon

zarkon
  • Islander
  • 126 posts

Posted 18 May 2016 - 07:55 AM

Well with this sort of ending, you just never know.     We never get the typical closeup of the big bang.  We see it from very far off.   That gives the writers all sorts of option to play tricks.

If it ends as expected, who will be the new Big Bad for next season ?

Can whatever Ward was survive in space after getting blown up ?   It was interesting how they managed to get his brain fried for a decent period of time to gain the advantage they needed.

At least we got to see his true form for the first time.

And I guess poor ole Lincoln has thrown his last lightning bolt.  And Daisy has managed to figure out some cool tricks with her powers.

Hard to predict where the show goes in the next season.

I don't think moving the show to 10 pm makes any difference in this day and age.   A large chunk of the population is on cable in some form and therefore has DVR options, or on-demand.
Even the cable companies have stepped up their game with DVR's able to record multiple programs at the same time.    The broadcasters do manage to have certain prime time slots where everyone piles on.

Looking forward to seeing where the show goes next season.

#4 G-man

G-man

Is there a problem?

• 8,664 posts

Posted 18 May 2016 - 08:00 AM

Well, that certainly was a nail-biter, but all in all I'm satisfied with who they killed off, and how it happened.  But is it wrong that I had more sympathy for the villain's demise than the lover's?

I liked Yoyo's calling Mack on his slow work.

I liked their solution to Hive, essentially freeing ALL the memories he absorbed in a maelstrom to overwhelm his thinking processes.

I liked Mack's reconciliation with Daisy.

It was fun seeing Talbot witnessing SHIELD work their magic on the fly.  For the first time I got impression that he finally comprehended just how good these people are.

It was nice to see how Hive had planned ahead to turn the tables on SHIELD.

And I loved the Mad Scientist's scrambling to not get himself killed, while also appreciating the genius of Fitz and Simmons, and just how far Fitz had come with his cybernetics.

Then, there was that whole "Six Month Later" bit.  At least Fitz-Simmons got their vacation in the Seychelles, and Coulson is back in the field -- but who is the Director now?  Could it be:  Satan Stark?  And Daisy is now on the run again with SHIELD hunting her.  Finally, it looks like the mad scientist has given his AIDA a body.

/s/

Gloriosus
the G-man Himself

Edited by G-man, 18 May 2016 - 01:11 PM.

Let me strive every moment of my life to make myself better and better, to the best of my ability, so that all may profit by it.
Let me think of the right and lend my assistance to all who may need it, with no regard for anything but justice.
Let me be considerate of my country, of my fellow citizens, and my associates in everything I say and do.
-- Doc Savage

Few people want to be moderated, most people see the need for everyone else to be moderated. -- Orpheus

#5 Cardie

Cardie

I'm a very *good* tailor

• Administrator
  • 22,651 posts

Posted 18 May 2016 - 01:09 PM

Since their pilot didn't get picked up, I wonder if Bobbi and Hunter will return. Will the next incarnation of Brett Dalton be one of Mad Scientist's AIs, after he's run a test with the inevitable sexy female robot.
Nothing succeeds like excess.

#6 G-man

G-man

Is there a problem?

• 8,664 posts

Posted 18 May 2016 - 01:29 PM

Has Dalton's contract expired?  From the post-show interview, it seemed that the creators were content to finally lay Ward to rest as they had done everything they had wanted with him.

As for Bobbi and Hunter, and possibly Dominic Fortune ... maybe Daisy ends up running with them for a spell during her estrangement from SHIELD. Who knows, maybe they'll finally give some depth to her character.  As is, she is still essentially a nice person with mad skills who is looking to fit in somewhere.

/s/

Gloriosus
the G-man Himself

Edited by G-man, 19 May 2016 - 08:38 AM.

-- Doc Savage

#7 FarscapeOne

FarscapeOne
  • Islander
  • 4,041 posts

Posted 18 May 2016 - 02:49 PM

You know, I wouldn't be surprised if Caulson handed the reigns of S.H.I.E.L.D. over May.  Maybe she's the new director now.

#8 RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes

Idealistic Cynic

• Demigod
  • 14,343 posts

Posted 18 May 2016 - 06:27 PM

I haven't seen it yet, but I am hugely relieved that Fitz and Simmons are okay.

Does anybody know if the pilot for Most Wanted was actually filmed?  If so, it might show up as an extra on the DVD set.  Or they might even broadcast it as an episode of SHIELD next year.  I certainly won't mind if the characters come back.  I like them both. I hope they at least come back long enough to resolve their situation.
Please visit The RJDiogenes Store. Posted Image   And my Gallery. Posted Image And my YouTube Page. Posted Image And read Trunkards. Posted Image  And then there's my Heroes Essays.  Posted Image

#9 Orpheus

Orpheus

I'm not the boss of you!

• Administrator
  • 17,822 posts

Posted 19 May 2016 - 12:51 AM

Was I the only one seeing "Absolution" as having wall-to-wall Jurassic Park references? I wonder if/how Ascension will extend this theme

#10 M.E.

M.E.
  • Islander
  • 8,158 posts

Posted 19 May 2016 - 08:25 AM

View PostOrpheus, on 19 May 2016 - 12:51 AM, said:

Was I the only one seeing "Absolution" as having wall-to-wall Jurassic Park references? I wonder if/how Ascension will extend this theme

Actually, no, I didn't notice that.  However, I did get a kick out of Coulson imitating princess Leia. :D

#11 Orpheus

Orpheus

I'm not the boss of you!

• Administrator
  • 17,822 posts

Posted 19 May 2016 - 05:22 PM

I can't recall them all, but a terrified Simmons being trapped, back against the wall, by a sniffing Primitive with poor vision was reminiscent of a scene in the kitchen in Jurassic Park. Soon after, Holden Radcliffe uses the line "Clever girl" (but unfortunately isn't immediately eaten)

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Agents of SHIELD, Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D., Marvels Agents of SHIELD, Season Finale, Marvel TV

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users