• Islander
  • 5,012 posts

Posted 17 May 2016 - 05:15 PM

Airdate May 17, 2016

Spoilers

Person of Interest 5-5, pic 107315_WB_0028b_FULL.jpg

Person of Interest 5-5, pic 107315_WB_0172b_FULL.jpg

Person of Interest 5-5, pic 107315_WB_0366b_FULL.jpg

Reese protects an NYPD analyst who's drawn the attention of Samaritan through his investigation of a software glitch; and an ally of Elias threatens Reese and Fusco.

Promotional photo from images.spoilertv.com. :)
"A song is like a picture of a bird in flight; the bird was moving before the picture was taken, and no doubt continued after."   - Pete Seeger

Pete Seeger's life was a picture of an idea in flight, and the idea will continue long after.  As long as there are people with goodness and courage in their hearts, the idea will continue forever.

Posted Image   Posted Image

Check out my music threads:

Beautiful Music: Folk, Acoustic, Traditional, and World

A Celebration of Song Lyrics, New and Old: Just the poetry  (to include those with different musical tastes than me)

When Sci Fi Actors Sing

#2 Cait

Cait

Democracy Dies in Darkness

• 10,810 posts

Posted 18 May 2016 - 01:15 AM

I'm sort of a happy camper.  I put this in a spoiler tag just in case someone hasn't watched this episode.

Spoiler

Rules for surviving an Autocracy:

Rule#1: Believe the Autocrat.
Rule#2: Do not be taken in by small signs of normality.
Rule#3: Institutions will not save you.
Rule#4: Be outraged.
Rule#5: Don't make compromises.
Rule#6: Remember the future.

Source:
http://www2.nybooks....r-survival.html

#3 zarkon

zarkon
  • Islander
  • 126 posts

Posted 18 May 2016 - 08:11 AM

Everything in this forum is open season after the episode has aired.   Only future items noted on previews at the end of the show need to be in spoiler tags.

This episode had some interesting twists and turns, and how it ended was also an interesting surprise.

The prior episode just managed to have a lot of fun yanking our chain until the reveal at the end.

They do seem to have some very clever story telling going on, and now that the pieces are coming together, it's a shame this is all ending.
The possibilities of where this could go could easily fill another season.

I also saw that for next week, they are dumping 2 episodes on Tuesday 5/24

#4 Cardie

Cardie

I'm a very *good* tailor

• Administrator
  • 22,638 posts

Posted 18 May 2016 - 01:01 PM

I was so happy that Elias isn't dead. Almost happier than that Shaw isn't--but then again I always felt she would be back. I am kicking myself though because I got distracted during the opening credits, which, I'm sure, didn't include Colantoni, and went to imdb which did list him for the episode guest stars.  So I spoiled myself--grr. I wonder if Shaw;s simulation concerning the kill switch means that there really is one. That would seem the only way to defeat Samaritan at this point. I do wonder about the missingpeople.  Could they be a wild card in the game? Recruiting was always a Machine specialty.
Nothing succeeds like excess.

#5 Cait

Cait

Democracy Dies in Darkness

• 10,810 posts

Posted 19 May 2016 - 12:49 PM

The missing people could be recruits, but I think the suicides are Samaritan. IMO, the missing are an important clue, and I agree with you cardie, there is a kill switch.  It gets us to the finale with a reasonable ending.

Rules for surviving an Autocracy:

Rule#1: Believe the Autocrat.
Rule#2: Do not be taken in by small signs of normality.
Rule#3: Institutions will not save you.
Rule#4: Be outraged.
Rule#5: Don't make compromises.
Rule#6: Remember the future.

Source:
http://www2.nybooks....r-survival.html

#6 Cardie

Cardie

I'm a very *good* tailor

• Administrator
  • 22,638 posts

Posted 19 May 2016 - 03:53 PM

View PostCait, on 19 May 2016 - 12:49 PM, said:

The missing people could be recruits, but I think the suicides are Samaritan. IMO, the missing are an important clue, and I agree with you cardie, there is a kill switch.  It gets us to the finale with a reasonable ending.

Agree "suicides" are threats or undesirables Samaritan has neutralized.
Nothing succeeds like excess.

#7 Sci-Fi Girl

Sci-Fi Girl

Help me save Dark Matter!

• Islander
  • 5,012 posts

Posted 22 May 2016 - 05:12 PM

Yay for Elias!!!! :boogie:  :boogie:  :boogie:

SFG
"A song is like a picture of a bird in flight; the bird was moving before the picture was taken, and no doubt continued after."   - Pete Seeger

Pete Seeger's life was a picture of an idea in flight, and the idea will continue long after.  As long as there are people with goodness and courage in their hearts, the idea will continue forever.

Posted Image   Posted Image

Check out my music threads:

Beautiful Music: Folk, Acoustic, Traditional, and World

A Celebration of Song Lyrics, New and Old: Just the poetry  (to include those with different musical tastes than me)

When Sci Fi Actors Sing

#8 Doppleganger

Doppleganger
  • Just Washed Ashore
  • 41 posts

Posted 23 May 2016 - 03:48 AM

Im thinking more likely the key to defeating samaritan is the malware as they made a point of showing how the machine is no match for samaritan head to head and kinda goes against the machine philosophy of brute strength methods.
More likely the machine and the nerd herd will come up with a way to subvert the malware somehow as this would nicely tie in to what finch was up to last season in china.
“Is that not blasphemy? Defying the will of the Covenant?’

‘No,’ said the captain. ‘It was a tactical retreat in the face of overwhelming boredom.”
The First Heretic

#9 Orpheus

Orpheus

I'm not the boss of you!

• Administrator
  • 17,797 posts

Posted 24 May 2016 - 01:23 AM

A friend of mine was the embedded system designer on the real life shot-seeker [Shotspotter™] and is also a big fan of PoI. Any questions you'd like me to relay to her?

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Person of Interest, Person of Interest: Season 5

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users