• 4,959 posts

Posted 20 May 2016 - 11:02 AM

Airdate May 19, 2016

Spoilers

Legends of Tomorrow 1-16, pic LGN116A_0096b_FULL.jpg

Legends of Tomorrow 1-16, pic LGN116b_0138b_FULL.jpg

Legends of Tomorrow 1-16, pic LGN116b_0209b_FULL.jpg

Legends of Tomorrow 1-16, pic LGN116b_0215b_FULL.jpg

Season 1 ends with Rip returning the team to Central City a few months after they first left. They return to their normal lives and must decide individually whether to sacrifice everything in order to save the world. Meanwhile, Sara visits with her father, who delivers some heartbreaking news about her sister.

Promotional photo from images.spoilertv.com. :)
"A song is like a picture of a bird in flight; the bird was moving before the picture was taken, and no doubt continued after."   - Pete Seeger

Pete Seeger's life was a picture of an idea in flight, and the idea will continue long after.  As long as there are people with goodness and courage in their hearts, the idea will continue forever.

Posted Image   Posted Image

Check out my music threads:

Beautiful Music: Folk, Acoustic, Traditional, and World

A Celebration of Song Lyrics, New and Old: Just the poetry  (to include those with different musical tastes than me)

When Sci Fi Actors Sing

#2 Sci-Fi Girl

Sci-Fi Girl

Help me save Dark Matter!

• Islander
  • 4,959 posts

Posted 22 May 2016 - 10:54 AM

And Vandal Savage is finally done with!!  I have to admit, it was rather satisfying to see him killed three times over.  ;)

And so it is confirmed that the meteorites and the hawk powers came from the Thanagarians.  Did they send those on purpose?  Why?  Wouldn't that arm earth against them?  Or was that supposed to be some advanced scout, gone wrong?  Or did they mean for someone like Savage to conquer the earth for them, so they could just step in and take it from him?

I know, that's way too many questions.  ;)

So, Sara knows about Laurel now, and there is nothing she can do.  :humble:  Her back and forth with Rip, as he helped her understand why laurel couldn't be saved, that was pretty powerful.  :humble:

And then there was all the timey-wimey stuff!   Kendra putting the note in the helmet, that would later be in Rip's office.  Rip using the Waverider to fly the meteor into the sun, then time jumping back 20 minutes.  

And when Sara was at the graveyard, was that a weeping angel?!?  :freakoutnonny:

So the hawks left, which makes sense.  Now that savage is gone, they can just have a normal life!  :happy:

And then comedy Mick again!  

*watches the hawks fly away*

Every time they do that, I get hungry for chicken.

:howling: :howling: :howling:

And finally, the scene in 2013. Oh man that had me in tears.  :cry:  :cry:  :cry:  

Mick said almost what I said in the last thread! :humble: "You may not think you're a hero, but you're a hero to me.  You got that?"

*sniffs*

SFG
"A song is like a picture of a bird in flight; the bird was moving before the picture was taken, and no doubt continued after."   - Pete Seeger

Pete Seeger's life was a picture of an idea in flight, and the idea will continue long after.  As long as there are people with goodness and courage in their hearts, the idea will continue forever.

A Celebration of Song Lyrics, New and Old: Just the poetry  (to include those with different musical tastes than me)

When Sci Fi Actors Sing

#3 Themis

Themis
  • Islander
  • 6,544 posts

Posted 22 May 2016 - 11:16 AM

Oh I hope Savage is really, really dead.  But timey wimey...  Please no weeping angels (but that did look like one)!
Cats will never be extinct!

#4 Sci-Fi Girl

Sci-Fi Girl

• Islander
  • 4,959 posts

Posted 22 May 2016 - 11:27 AM

Oh the creators have said that each season would have a totally different goal / villain etc.  So I think we can forget all about Savage now. :cool:

So yeah, each season is supposed to have a different goal, and the team will have a different combination of members etc.   There will probably be a whole different feel each year.  :)

SFG

Edited by Sci-Fi Girl, 22 May 2016 - 11:28 AM.

When Sci Fi Actors Sing

#5 Sci-Fi Girl

Sci-Fi Girl

• Islander
  • 4,959 posts

Posted 22 May 2016 - 01:49 PM

View PostThemis, on 22 May 2016 - 11:16 AM, said:

Oh I hope Savage is really, really dead.  But timey wimey...  Please no weeping angels (but that did look like one)!

I found a screencap (credit screencap.net).  Yes, it looks very much like a weeping angel (or maybe a mourning hawk person). ;)

Legends of Tomorrow - 1x16 destiny - angel graveyard - lot116_2753.jpg

I am sure they don't have the rights to actually do anything from Doctor Who.  But they have been dropping references the whole season, to Doctor Who and so many other things.

So this may have been an intentional nod, but I am sure it is nothing more than a wink at the fans.  (Or a blink, in this case.)  :hehe:

I mean, right in this episode, when Kendra left the note in the helmet that she knew would end up in Rip's possession, all I could think of was when River carved the message into the black box of the Byzantium!

And when Rip was flying the Waverider and exploding rock into the sun, all I could think of was River trapped in a time loop in the exploding Tardis!!  "I'm sorry my love" "Trust the plastic" (Sorry, I could probably quote that whole episode by heart. :look: ;))

Anyway ...

SFG

When Sci Fi Actors Sing

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: DCs Legends of Tomorrow

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users