• Please log in to reply
44 replies to this topic

#41 RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes

Idealistic Cynic

• Demigod
  • 13,219 posts

Posted 05 November 2018 - 06:21 PM

Fascinating.  I do love Pulp characters and the Pulp sensibility (and I've created and written a few myself), and I've never heard of this series. I especially like the element of Albion, since I had a similar idea, which I haven't implemented yet, for Columbia in America.  I'll get the first volume of this with my next order.
Please visit The RJDiogenes Store. Posted Image   And my Gallery. Posted Image And my YouTube Page. Posted Image And read Trunkards. Posted Image  And then there's my Heroes Essays.  Posted Image

#42 Niko

Niko
  • Watchdog
  • 2,292 posts

Posted 05 November 2018 - 09:05 PM

View PostVirgil Vox, on 04 November 2018 - 07:46 PM, said:

I highly recommend this series if you are a fan of pulp fiction, steam-punk, and superheroes. All four books are lots of fun and quick reads.

OK, you convinced me to at least download the Kindle sample on it.  :)   I see that this author has another steampunky mystery series, too.  Have you read that one?
- Whatsoever you do to the least of my people, that you do unto me.    (Matthew 25:40)

- Do not let kindness and truth leave you; Bind them around your neck, Write them on the tablet of your heart.  (Proverbs 3:3)

#43 RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes

Idealistic Cynic

• Demigod
  • 13,219 posts

Posted 06 November 2018 - 06:19 PM

I was looking around at his other books a little bit and it looks like he's got two other series going, aside from his media tie-ins. I think they're all part of the same universe, but I'm not sure.
Please visit The RJDiogenes Store. Posted Image   And my Gallery. Posted Image And my YouTube Page. Posted Image And read Trunkards. Posted Image  And then there's my Heroes Essays.  Posted Image

#44 Virgil Vox

Virgil Vox
  • 5,226 posts

Posted 09 November 2018 - 10:44 AM

View PostRJDiogenes, on 05 November 2018 - 06:21 PM, said:

Fascinating.  I do love Pulp characters and the Pulp sensibility (and I've created and written a few myself), and I've never heard of this series. I especially like the element of Albion, since I had a similar idea, which I haven't implemented yet, for Columbia in America.  I'll get the first volume of this with my next order.

I'm not surprised you haven't heard of the series. The first two books were published in 2010 and 2011 by Pyr. I guess some behind the scenes events took place because the next book was published in 2016 by Titan. I was just glad to see that the series was continuing because I was such a fan and wanted more.

I had stumbled across the series on accident one day at Barnes and Noble. I saw it was an original superhero book and had steam punk trappings so I picked it up immediately.

View PostNiko, on 05 November 2018 - 09:05 PM, said:

View PostVirgil Vox, on 04 November 2018 - 07:46 PM, said:

I highly recommend this series if you are a fan of pulp fiction, steam-punk, and superheroes. All four books are lots of fun and quick reads.

OK, you convinced me to at least download the Kindle sample on it.  :)   I see that this author has another steampunky mystery series, too.  Have you read that one?

I hope you like it. I will say that while I think the first book grabs you right away it takes a little bit as the book peels back the layers and introduces all the various genre influences.

I haven't read his other series yet but I do plan to. That seems to be the series he is focusing on right now.

View PostRJDiogenes, on 06 November 2018 - 06:19 PM, said:

I was looking around at his other books a little bit and it looks like he's got two other series going, aside from his media tie-ins. I think they're all part of the same universe, but I'm not sure.

That would be interesting if they were part of a shared universe. That definitely makes me want to check them out.
"You will give the people an ideal to strive towards. They will race behind you. They will stumble. They will fall. But in time, they will join you in the sun. In time, you will help them accomplish wonders."
--Jor-El

It's a recession when your neighbor loses his job: it's a depression when you lose yours.
-- Harry S. Truman

#45 RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes

Idealistic Cynic

• Demigod
  • 13,219 posts

Posted 11 November 2018 - 06:11 PM

View PostVirgil Vox, on 09 November 2018 - 10:44 AM, said:

I'm not surprised you haven't heard of the series. The first two books were published in 2010 and 2011 by Pyr. I guess some behind the scenes events took place because the next book was published in 2016 by Titan. I was just glad to see that the series was continuing because I was such a fan and wanted more.  
Hopefully there's more to come.

I had stumbled across the series on accident one day at Barnes and Noble. I saw it was an original superhero book and had steam punk trappings so I picked it up immediately.  
You were lucky to find something like that at B&N.

That would be interesting if they were part of a shared universe. That definitely makes me want to check them out.
The thing I remember seeing is mention of an alternate Queen Elizabeth with an artificially extended lifespan (or was it Queen Victoria?) in both the Ghost series and another one.  I think I noted a couple of other clues, but I can't think of them now.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Rick Riordan, Trials of Apollo, Hardy Boys, Doctor Who, Dragon Age, Gravoty Falls

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users