The Flash DC CW

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Virgil Vox

Virgil Vox
  • 5,392 posts

Posted 24 May 2016 - 09:20 AM

Posted Image

After Zoom (guest star Teddy Sears) reveals his true plan, Barry (Grant Gustin) vows to do whatever it takes to stop him.

"You will give the people an ideal to strive towards. They will race behind you. They will stumble. They will fall. But in time, they will join you in the sun. In time, you will help them accomplish wonders."
--Jor-El

It's a recession when your neighbor loses his job: it's a depression when you lose yours.
-- Harry S. Truman

#2 Lord of the Sword

Lord of the Sword
  • Islander
  • 15,681 posts

Posted 24 May 2016 - 10:22 AM

Not sure how this season is going to end, I'm just hoping we don't get another speedster villain next season. Would like to see a villain like mirror master be the big bad, or someone like him.
"Sometimes you get the point of the sword, sometimes the edge, sometimes the flat of the blade (even if you're the Lord of the Sword) and sometimes you're the guy wielding it. But any day without the Sword or its Lord is one that could've been better  " ~Orpheus.

The Left is inclusive, and tolerant, unless you happen to think and believe different than they do~ Lord of the Sword

Looks like the Liberal Elite of Exisle have finally managed to silence the last remaining Conservative voice on the board.

“The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots & tyrants. It is it’s natural manure.” ~Thomas Jefferson

#3 Sci-Fi Girl

Sci-Fi Girl

Help me save Dark Matter!

• Islander
  • 4,989 posts

Posted 24 May 2016 - 10:54 AM

I just hope they don't make us wait until NEXT YEAR to learn the identity of the man in the iron mask!!!!!  :eek:

SFG
"A song is like a picture of a bird in flight; the bird was moving before the picture was taken, and no doubt continued after."   - Pete Seeger

Pete Seeger's life was a picture of an idea in flight, and the idea will continue long after.  As long as there are people with goodness and courage in their hearts, the idea will continue forever.

Posted Image   Posted Image

Check out my music threads:

Beautiful Music: Folk, Acoustic, Traditional, and World

A Celebration of Song Lyrics, New and Old: Just the poetry  (to include those with different musical tastes than me)

When Sci Fi Actors Sing

#4 Lord of the Sword

Lord of the Sword
  • Islander
  • 15,681 posts

Posted 24 May 2016 - 08:58 PM

Alright, the whole time double thing just confuses the hell out of me.

The reveal of the man in the iron mask was interesting, but if Zoom was able to breach other worlds before, why didn't he come to Earth 1 first???? For that matter, why would the time wraiths not go after Zoom for making a time double? In addition to which, there were 2 wraiths, why didn't one take Zoom and one take Barry?

And now my biggest problem...the ending. Looks like Season 3 is going to be the whole Flashpoint paradox story line. Which I guess, sort of makes sense, given where Barry is at emotionally right now. Just not sure I want to go through a whole season of all the characters being so completely different. Part of my being unhappy with them doing the Flashpoint story, is that it's already been done in a animated movie, which while different then live action, I've already seen that story line...just not live action version.
"Sometimes you get the point of the sword, sometimes the edge, sometimes the flat of the blade (even if you're the Lord of the Sword) and sometimes you're the guy wielding it. But any day without the Sword or its Lord is one that could've been better  " ~Orpheus.

The Left is inclusive, and tolerant, unless you happen to think and believe different than they do~ Lord of the Sword

Looks like the Liberal Elite of Exisle have finally managed to silence the last remaining Conservative voice on the board.

“The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots & tyrants. It is it’s natural manure.” ~Thomas Jefferson

#5 Virgil Vox

Virgil Vox
  • 5,392 posts

Posted 24 May 2016 - 11:59 PM

This was a pretty satisfactory season finale, with a few problems. Like you LoTS, I find the whole time remnant thing to be confusing and it feels basically like a cheat that the writers use to explain things that they couldn't easily explain. Also, the implications of that ending trouble me greatly.

I liked the way Zoom went out and what his big plan was. Destroying the entire multiverse except for Earth-1 is probably the biggest, most evil plan ever and one that will be hard to top. Barry beating Zoom by using his own time remnant to free Joe and stop the pulse was smart. The time wraiths were creepy, and them turning Zoom into a desiccated husk was perfect comeuppance. It was also nice to see Barry just beat the crap out of Zoom.

The team imprisoning Barry was understandable even if I think it largely led to Barry's actions at the end because he probably felt betrayed and his friends locked him up instead of trying to work with him and help him sort out his feelings. I did find their plan to stop Zoom rather stupid. Yes, it worked but they were going to push him to Earth-2 and then leave him there by closing the breaches. We've seen that he can create breaches, so I don't see what they were hoping to accomplish besides a temporary victory.

The funeral scene was executed really well. I felt Barry's pain at losing his father right after accepting his mother's death. Wally talking to Barry afterwards was nice as he tried to express gratitude at everything Barry has done for him and the city.

So Jay Garrick is the real Flash, and Zoom just stole his identity. I'm glad. I liked that they made him Henry Allen's doppelganger. Letting John Wesley Shipp get to play the Flash again was brilliant. I hope we see him again.

Let's hope we see Wells, Jesse, and Jay next season. All three are great characters that don't need to end up in limbo. With the threat of Zoom gone, hopefully they can open breaches on a more regular basis. I'm sure that's also how they'll get Supergirl to cross-over with the other shows.

Okay, I did not like the ending. Nothing good is going to come from Barry saving his mother. It's going to completely screw up the timeline. If Barry saves his mother, then he keeps both parents. Which means he never moves in with Joe and never establishes a close relationship with him, and maybe even Iris. Also, if he defeated Thawne then it's possible Thawne doesn't go on to impersonate Wells and create the particle accelerator explosion which means Barry isn't the Flash anymore. So much could change.

And now my biggest problem...the ending. Looks like Season 3 is going to be the whole Flashpoint paradox story line. Which I guess, sort of makes sense, given where Barry is at emotionally right now. Just not sure I want to go through a whole season of all the characters being so completely different. Part of my being unhappy with them doing the Flashpoint story, is that it's already been done in a animated movie, which while different then live action, I've already seen that story line...just not live action version.

I'm hoping if they do go the Flashpoint route, it's only for a couple of episodes. If they change up the entirety of the season and the characters and their relationships to each other and make it the new status quo I don't know if I'll stick with the show. Would it be fun to see an alternate take on these characters (even though we've just gotten that with Earth-2)? Sure. I just don't want it to be something that sticks around. Besides, depending on how much changes it would also affect Arrow and even possibly Legends of Tomorrow.

Not sure how this season is going to end, I'm just hoping we don't get another speedster villain next season. Would like to see a villain like mirror master be the big bad, or someone like him.

I'm with you. No speedster as the big bad. I also don't want the villain to be someone who pretends to be friends with the group and then turns out to be the big bad. Also, I don't want the big bad's plan to involve using Barry's speed to power up their endgame device (Well's time ship and Zoom's multiverse destroying pulse). While The Flash is a great show, it can't be denied that the writers basically just copied and pasted Reverse-Flash's plans and how he went about them onto Zoom.

I just hope they don't make us wait until NEXT YEAR to learn the identity of the man in the iron mask!!!!!  :eek:

I bet you're happy that they did indeed reveal his identity.
"You will give the people an ideal to strive towards. They will race behind you. They will stumble. They will fall. But in time, they will join you in the sun. In time, you will help them accomplish wonders."
--Jor-El

It's a recession when your neighbor loses his job: it's a depression when you lose yours.
-- Harry S. Truman

#6 Lord of the Sword

Lord of the Sword
  • Islander
  • 15,681 posts

Posted 25 May 2016 - 08:22 AM

View PostVirgil Vox, on 24 May 2016 - 11:59 PM, said:

I did find their plan to stop Zoom rather stupid. Yes, it worked but they were going to push him to Earth-2 and then leave him there by closing the breaches. We've seen that he can create breaches, so I don't see what they were hoping to accomplish besides a temporary victory.

That's what I didn't understand. They KNOW Zoom can create his own breaches now, so how sending him to Earth 2 was going to solve the problem, I don't understand. He would've just come right back on his own. Not sure really what the team was thinking here?

Okay, I did not like the ending. Nothing good is going to come from Barry saving his mother. It's going to completely screw up the timeline. If Barry saves his mother, then he keeps both parents. Which means he never moves in with Joe and never establishes a close relationship with him, and maybe even Iris. Also, if he defeated Thawne then it's possible Thawne doesn't go on to impersonate Wells and create the particle accelerator explosion which means Barry isn't the Flash anymore. So much could change.

I'm hoping if they do go the Flashpoint route, it's only for a couple of episodes. If they change up the entirety of the season and the characters and their relationships to each other and make it the new status quo I don't know if I'll stick with the show. Would it be fun to see an alternate take on these characters (even though we've just gotten that with Earth-2)? Sure. I just don't want it to be something that sticks around. Besides, depending on how much changes it would also affect Arrow and even possibly Legends of Tomorrow.

Agreed. It most definitely would affect the other shows. Except, with time travel such a big thing, they could literally make the whole season 3 Flashpoint, and as a finale, have Barry going back in time and stopping himself from saving his mom, which essentially turns the entire season into the Dallas Bobby dream season.

As it stands right now...Both Barry's parents are alive, which means he never goes into forensics, which means that he will never become the Flash. Thawne did tell the real Wells that his particle accelerator goes live, 5 years from when season 1 happen and that he needed it to happen sooner, which is why he took Well's DNA and sped up the particle explosion. So now while we will have the particle accelerator exploding, it happens much much later. It also means Barry's relationship with Joe and iris is going to be different, as will his relationship with Wally, Caitlin, Cisco, and just about everyone else.

In season 1 finale we did see a scene where Barry was in jail...I suppose that could be where they are going in Season 3????

#7 Cybersnark

Cybersnark

NERV wants YOU!

• Islander
  • 2,571 posts

Posted 25 May 2016 - 10:32 AM

If this gives them an opportunity to retcon the last season-or-so of Arrow (so that certain characters don't die or become mass-murderers), I won't complain.
"Hilarity ensues." --Seamus Harper

#8 Lord of the Sword

Lord of the Sword
  • Islander
  • 15,681 posts

Posted 25 May 2016 - 10:36 AM

View PostCybersnark, on 25 May 2016 - 10:32 AM, said:

If this gives them an opportunity to retcon the last season-or-so of Arrow (so that certain characters don't die or become mass-murderers), I won't complain.

While that would be nice, I can't see them doing that. Simply because some people that watch arrow might not also watch the Flash (I know, hard to understand, but possible). So for those only watching Arrow, to suddenly see Laurel back among the living would be confusing.

#9 Lord of the Sword

Lord of the Sword
  • Islander
  • 15,681 posts

Posted 25 May 2016 - 10:39 AM

What is puzzling me is...in Flashpoint, the changes from Barry's actions resulted in members of the Justice League going to war with each other, and literally destroying the world. We haven't seen Wonder Woman and Aquaman at all on the Flash, and with the Justice League movies coming, I doubt if the CW has the rights to those characters. So how is the world going to be destroyed in the TV version of the Flashpoint?

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: The Flash, DC, CW

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users