• 4,965 posts

Posted 07 June 2016 - 04:20 PM

Airdate June 7, 2016

Spoilers

Person of Interest 5-11, pic 1075603_0263b_FULL.jpg

Person of Interest 5-11, pic 1075603_1224b_FULL.jpg

Person of Interest 5-11, pic 1075603_1849b_FULL.jpg

Person of Interest 5-11, pic 1075603_2165b_FULL.jpg

The team becomes enmeshed in a conspiracy when the U.S. president is tapped as the next POI; and Finch contemplates taking drastic measures to combat Samaritan.

Promotional photo from images.spoilertv.com. :)
"A song is like a picture of a bird in flight; the bird was moving before the picture was taken, and no doubt continued after."   - Pete Seeger

Pete Seeger's life was a picture of an idea in flight, and the idea will continue long after.  As long as there are people with goodness and courage in their hearts, the idea will continue forever.

Posted Image   Posted Image

Check out my music threads:

Beautiful Music: Folk, Acoustic, Traditional, and World

A Celebration of Song Lyrics, New and Old: Just the poetry  (to include those with different musical tastes than me)

When Sci Fi Actors Sing

#2 Lord of the Sword

Lord of the Sword
  • Islander
  • 15,681 posts

Posted 07 June 2016 - 07:32 PM

This should be interesting. How they are suppose to get past the secret service to protect the President is beyond me.
"Sometimes you get the point of the sword, sometimes the edge, sometimes the flat of the blade (even if you're the Lord of the Sword) and sometimes you're the guy wielding it. But any day without the Sword or its Lord is one that could've been better  " ~Orpheus.

The Left is inclusive, and tolerant, unless you happen to think and believe different than they do~ Lord of the Sword

Looks like the Liberal Elite of Exisle have finally managed to silence the last remaining Conservative voice on the board.

“The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots & tyrants. It is it’s natural manure.” ~Thomas Jefferson

#3 Lord of the Sword

Lord of the Sword
  • Islander
  • 15,681 posts

Posted 07 June 2016 - 10:54 PM

Very very interesting episode.

Is it me, or does it seem like the Machine is acting more like Samaritan? I'm guessing Finch took Root's back door, and opened the Machine back up, allowing it to interact fully. Although, in their conversation, the Machine claimed to still be shackled. Yet it was able to access the cop's computer and verify the ID Finch gave the cop. And I don't even want to know what the Machine did to all those people in that building...unless it was Finch, which seems unlikely.

Speaking of Finch...he has DEFINITELY gone off the deep end. Threatening the life of the daughter of that one guard like that! That was a line Finch would never have crossed before.

Did Logan and the other numbers team kill the spy in the secret service? If not, then the President isn't safe as long as that spy is there. Although, if Samaritan reassigned the President to the irrelevant list, President really isn't safe then period.

Interesting about the other group, made up of former numbers. Wonder just how many groups the Machine has working for it?

Seeing Shaw touch the spot where the chip was inserted surprised me. I would've thought that Finch would have removed that chip already. Or at least disabled it somehow.
"Sometimes you get the point of the sword, sometimes the edge, sometimes the flat of the blade (even if you're the Lord of the Sword) and sometimes you're the guy wielding it. But any day without the Sword or its Lord is one that could've been better  " ~Orpheus.

The Left is inclusive, and tolerant, unless you happen to think and believe different than they do~ Lord of the Sword

Looks like the Liberal Elite of Exisle have finally managed to silence the last remaining Conservative voice on the board.

“The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots & tyrants. It is it’s natural manure.” ~Thomas Jefferson

#4 Doppleganger

Doppleganger
  • Just Washed Ashore
  • 40 posts

Posted 08 June 2016 - 04:01 AM

View PostLord of the Sword, on 07 June 2016 - 10:54 PM, said:

Seeing Shaw touch the spot where the chip was inserted surprised me. I would've thought that Finch would have removed that chip already. Or at least disabled it somehow.

I think he already removed it, just Shaws paranoia making her question if its still there which is perfectly understandable as a part of her wishes it was a simulation and Root was still alive.
“Is that not blasphemy? Defying the will of the Covenant?’

‘No,’ said the captain. ‘It was a tactical retreat in the face of overwhelming boredom.”
The First Heretic

#5 Cait

Cait

Democracy Dies in Darkness

• 10,810 posts

Posted 08 June 2016 - 11:55 AM

At the end of all this it better NOT be a simulation.  I'll never forgive the writers if they do that.

Rules for surviving an Autocracy:

Rule#1: Believe the Autocrat.
Rule#2: Do not be taken in by small signs of normality.
Rule#3: Institutions will not save you.
Rule#4: Be outraged.
Rule#5: Don't make compromises.
Rule#6: Remember the future.

Source:
http://www2.nybooks....r-survival.html

#6 Cardie

Cardie

I'm a very *good* tailor

• Administrator
  • 22,632 posts

Posted 08 June 2016 - 04:51 PM

^^I agree. And I trust them to play fair with us. They've made tough decisions before rather than hit reset. They knew this was the end, so why not go for broke.
Nothing succeeds like excess.

#7 Sci-Fi Girl

Sci-Fi Girl

Help me save Dark Matter!

• Islander
  • 4,965 posts

Posted 09 June 2016 - 07:29 AM

Loved seeing the other team at work!  :D

And I love that the virus is named "Ice 9"! :cool:

But, "The government is decimating our rights"?!?   :facepalm-f7e: :headshake:

SFG :rolleyes:
"A song is like a picture of a bird in flight; the bird was moving before the picture was taken, and no doubt continued after."   - Pete Seeger

Pete Seeger's life was a picture of an idea in flight, and the idea will continue long after.  As long as there are people with goodness and courage in their hearts, the idea will continue forever.

Posted Image   Posted Image

Check out my music threads:

Beautiful Music: Folk, Acoustic, Traditional, and World

A Celebration of Song Lyrics, New and Old: Just the poetry  (to include those with different musical tastes than me)

When Sci Fi Actors Sing

#8 Orpheus

Orpheus

I'm not the boss of you!

• Administrator
  • 17,757 posts

Posted 13 June 2016 - 11:55 PM

BTW, my WNGTI index (the %age chance that the song "We're Not Going To Take it" will reappear in this series) in now at 54%. Jus' sayin'

#9 zarkon

zarkon
  • Islander
  • 125 posts

Posted 14 June 2016 - 01:03 PM

A interview with the show's chiefs in charge said they promise we will have a proper ending as they had plenty of time to get it right.

Still going to hate to see this go.   Maybe the NSA ask them to stop the show because it's getting to close to home  :coolninja:

#10 Cardie

Cardie

I'm a very *good* tailor

• Administrator
  • 22,632 posts

Posted 16 June 2016 - 04:53 PM

No, CBS stopped them because they don't produce the show and can't reap sufficient profits from continuing to air it.

#11 zarkon

zarkon
  • Islander
  • 125 posts

Posted 16 June 2016 - 11:26 PM

View PostCardie, on 16 June 2016 - 04:53 PM, said:

No, CBS stopped them because they don't produce the show and can't reap sufficient profits from continuing to air it.

Wow...  What a sad reason to end this show.  :grr:

#12 Cardie

Cardie

I'm a very *good* tailor

• Administrator
  • 22,632 posts

Posted 17 June 2016 - 11:28 AM

TV is a business and financial considerations motivate most of the renewals or cancellations of shows.

#13 G-man

G-man

Is there a problem?

• 8,594 posts

Posted 17 June 2016 - 12:24 PM

Well, yes.  That is the usual reason cited, but there can also be some politicking as well.

"Galavant," and I'd bet "Agent Carter", got a second season because the former president(?) genuinely liked the shows and fought for their continuance.  When he was ousted I could confidently predict those shows being cancelled because of the low ratings.

Basically, within show business, whenever there is turnover in the upper echelons, one can expect a turnover in shows being aired, if they aren't performing in the ratings.   If only because the newcomers want to make their own mark, and see no reason to keep a floundering program that they had no hand in bringing to air, when they can air promising new show that they can claim full credit for should it prove a success.

/s/

Gloriosus
the G-man Himself
Let me strive every moment of my life to make myself better and better, to the best of my ability, so that all may profit by it.
Let me think of the right and lend my assistance to all who may need it, with no regard for anything but justice.
Let me take what comes with a smile, without loss of courage.
Let me be considerate of my country, of my fellow citizens, and my associates in everything I say and do.
Let me do right to all, and wrong no man.
-- Doc Savage

Few people want to be moderated, most people see the need for everyone else to be moderated. -- Orpheus

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Person of Interest, Person of Interest: Season 5

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users