• 4,961 posts

Posted 14 June 2016 - 04:28 PM

Airdate June 14, 2016

Spoilers

Person of Interest 5-12, pic 107537_0121b_FULL.jpg

Person of Interest 5-12, pic 107537_0480b_FULL.jpg

Person of Interest 5-12, pic 107537_0691b_FULL.jpg

Person of Interest 5-12, pic 107537_0713b_FULL.jpg

Reese and Shaw chase Finch, who could bring an end to Samaritan, himself and the Machine when he infiltrates a maximum-security government facility.

Promotional photo from images.spoilertv.com. :)
"A song is like a picture of a bird in flight; the bird was moving before the picture was taken, and no doubt continued after."   - Pete Seeger

Pete Seeger's life was a picture of an idea in flight, and the idea will continue long after.  As long as there are people with goodness and courage in their hearts, the idea will continue forever.

Posted Image   Posted Image

Check out my music threads:

Beautiful Music: Folk, Acoustic, Traditional, and World

A Celebration of Song Lyrics, New and Old: Just the poetry  (to include those with different musical tastes than me)

When Sci Fi Actors Sing

#2 Lord of the Sword

Lord of the Sword
  • Islander
  • 15,681 posts

Posted 14 June 2016 - 10:37 PM

Alright, I'm not too pleased with Finch right now.....I get his reasons for it, but still....

Anyway, I loved the whole "It's a wonderful life" theme, POI style. Would've been nice to see Carter again, but still interesting to see how she would've made it. Loved all the different possible futures the machine showed him. Although, to be fair, there would've been a lot more deaths without the machine. The machine didn't show him all the different out comes, probably because to go back through 5 seasons of helping people would've taken way too long.

So Samaritan killed off his own admin, just like that....Damn. Not sure I believe that whole deal about Samaritan feeling bad about almost destroying the machine, and wanting the machine to work with them. I do think Greer was correct in with both AI's gone, someone will eventually come along and create another one. And there would be no telling what that one would be like.

I was wondering if Finch's virus would also harm the Machine, as well as Samaritan, since they are both AI's. Now we know. Love the name of the virus....Ice 9.

Really am going to miss this show.
"Sometimes you get the point of the sword, sometimes the edge, sometimes the flat of the blade (even if you're the Lord of the Sword) and sometimes you're the guy wielding it. But any day without the Sword or its Lord is one that could've been better  " ~Orpheus.

The Left is inclusive, and tolerant, unless you happen to think and believe different than they do~ Lord of the Sword

Looks like the Liberal Elite of Exisle have finally managed to silence the last remaining Conservative voice on the board.

“The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots & tyrants. It is it’s natural manure.” ~Thomas Jefferson

#3 zarkon

zarkon
  • Islander
  • 125 posts

Posted 15 June 2016 - 11:40 AM

Finch must have watched Collossus, The Forbin Project.    

No matter how an AI is designed it would eventually realize humanity must go to save the earth.

Now of course we haven't seen the final ep yet, so maybe there is a glimmer of hope left at the end.

We did start at the end, so I guess we shall see how we got there, and the voice I think was Root, which means it was the machine talking.   ,,,,  Maybe  ;-)

Sure going to miss our little band of fixers.  :(

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Person of Interest, Person of Interest: Season 5

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users