Posted 20 June 2016 - 11:18 PM

Airdate June 21, 2016

Spoilers

Person of Interest 5-13, pic 108147_WB_0004b_FULL.jpg

Person of Interest 5-13, pic 108147_WB_0012b_FULL.jpg

Person of Interest 5-13, pic 108147_WB_0275b_FULL.jpg

Person of Interest 5-13, pic 108147_WB_0404b_FULL.jpg

Person of Interest 5-13, pic 108147_WB_0466b_FULL.jpg

In the series finale, Finch, Reese, Fusco and Shaw try to stop Samaritan from destroying the Machine and strengthening its grip on humankind.

Promotional photo from images.spoilertv.com. :)
"A song is like a picture of a bird in flight; the bird was moving before the picture was taken, and no doubt continued after."   - Pete Seeger

Pete Seeger's life was a picture of an idea in flight, and the idea will continue long after.  As long as there are people with goodness and courage in their hearts, the idea will continue forever.

Posted Image   Posted Image

Check out my music threads:

Beautiful Music: Folk, Acoustic, Traditional, and World

A Celebration of Song Lyrics, New and Old: Just the poetry  (to include those with different musical tastes than me)

When Sci Fi Actors Sing

#2 Cait

Cait

Democracy Dies in Darkness

• 10,810 posts

Posted 21 June 2016 - 02:50 PM

This is so bittersweet.  I can't wait to see the finale, and yet once it is over... well, it is OVER!  :(

Rules for surviving an Autocracy:

Rule#1: Believe the Autocrat.
Rule#2: Do not be taken in by small signs of normality.
Rule#3: Institutions will not save you.
Rule#4: Be outraged.
Rule#5: Don't make compromises.
Rule#6: Remember the future.

Source:
http://www2.nybooks....r-survival.html

#3 Lord of the Sword

Lord of the Sword
  • Islander
  • 15,681 posts

Posted 21 June 2016 - 11:34 PM

I guess it was really too much to hope for that all would survive, but damn.

Absolutely LOVED Shaw's response, when she killed the guy that killed Root: "Yeah, but those people are all dead." And then she kills him. Priceless. I wonder if Shaw is the new "Root" since she answered the Machine's call at the end, right after it's copy booted up.

Would've liked to see a little more of the battle between Samaritan and the Machine. I did find it weird that in all the simulations, over a billion of them, not once did the machine win. But yet this time it somehow did?

I'm also not believing that Finch's nuke threat would've allowed them access to the Federal Reserve THAT easily. If it was that easy, everyone would be doing it. LOL.

Also...Where was Bear during the shootout in the subway?

At least they did leave the it open, so the possibility is there for it to be continued. Granted, without John...Which really would change the dynamic of the show. On the plus side though, I expect the number of gun shot wounds to knees with drop off drastically. LOL.

How did Fusco get his job back?
"Sometimes you get the point of the sword, sometimes the edge, sometimes the flat of the blade (even if you're the Lord of the Sword) and sometimes you're the guy wielding it. But any day without the Sword or its Lord is one that could've been better  " ~Orpheus.

The Left is inclusive, and tolerant, unless you happen to think and believe different than they do~ Lord of the Sword

Looks like the Liberal Elite of Exisle have finally managed to silence the last remaining Conservative voice on the board.

“The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots & tyrants. It is it’s natural manure.” ~Thomas Jefferson

#4 zarkon

zarkon
  • Islander
  • 126 posts

Posted 22 June 2016 - 09:03 AM

Fusco got his job back because the Machine fixed everything, as it would for one of it's agents.

It was a nice touch at the end when Shaw took the first call from the Machine after coming back online.

Both AI's were getting pretty clever at the end, trying to find safe haven anywhere.

The Machine told Harold she didn't win all those simulations because she wasn't allowed to believe she could.
Once his constraints came off, she got more clever as time ticked by.

There is also the other teams we just found out about a few eps ago that the Machine recruited, so if a continuation ever occurred they could use some of those people as well.

Bear was at the park with all the other pooches playing undercover and waiting for the shooting to stop  ;-)

It was nice to see Shaw decide to get attached to Bear.

Still sad to see a great show sail off into the sunset.   ;-(

#5 Cardie

Cardie

I'm a very *good* tailor

• Administrator
  • 22,634 posts

Posted 22 June 2016 - 12:03 PM

I was most happy to see Harold reunite with Grace.  Also to learn that all the bird aliases paid tribute to the depth of his father's love for him.

John had no reason to live except for his duties to the Machine. Thinking she was gone, he probably welcomed dying--and saving Harold--to complete his final mission.

I wish it had come a season or two later, but this was a perfect series finale.
Nothing succeeds like excess.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Person of Interest, Person of Interest: Season 5

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users