Taking back control

• Islander
  • 11,423 posts

Posted 27 June 2016 - 06:37 PM

Written as a Birthday Gift for Mary Rose

Title: Beka's Birthday Bash
Rating: G
Word count: too tired to care
Warnings: Written and posted, past beadtime with little more than quick glance over in order not to miss said birthday.

Beka hated Birthdays, the trouble is Harper and Trance didn’t seem to have got the memo. Or more likely Trance just didn’t believe that anyone could dislike birthdays and had talked Harper into throwing a party. Although to be fair to Trance it’s not like Harper really needed to be persuaded in anyway whatsoever to holding an event involving the partaking of food and drink.

This why completely unknown to her, Beka’s crew were not in actual fact working hard repairing the Maru’s engine like she thought, and were currently decking the mess hall with a rather alarming number colourful balloons and decorations.  In truth Harper had finished the repair job hours ago without ever needing Trances help and just neglected to inform his boss of this.

Soon the room was decked from steam to stern with all manner of glittery delights (well delights according to Trance) and the table was laid with an impressive array of food and drink. Which is really all the more impressive when you bare in mind the empty cupboards and budget that didn’t really stretch far enough to cover a glass of water.

Still undeterred by monetary constraint Trance had slipped off shopping earlier during the ‘repairs’ and taking the few thrones she and Harper had manged to scrounge up between them had somehow came back ladled with 10 times more food and drink than they could afford. She even had chocolate!  Harper’s no clue how she did it; If it was him he’d have stolen the whole lot, but with Trance, well she just seemed to have a way of making things happen. A way, that he doubted had anything to do with petty theft, despite the girl’s clear talent for it.

A faked emergency later Beka was now in the middle of her worst nightmare: a surprise Birthday party. Except in a revelation more astounding than Beka could comprehend she was quite possibly having fun.  A lot of fun, perhaps more fun than she’d had since childhood.

Maybe it was the music, maybe it was the happy grin’s on her friends faces, or maybe it was just the booze, but today Birthday’s didn’t seem all that bad and Beka didn’t even mind being a year older. Today Birthday’s were fun, but sushhh…  don’t tell anyone.
AKA Rommie's Voice
Come Tweet with me! AscendantAngel you know you want to.

#2 Mary Rose

Mary Rose

Charlie's Asthmatic Angel

• 22,307 posts

Posted 27 June 2016 - 09:37 PM

I don't have time to read this right now.  It's late and we just got home.  You can be sure, however, that I will read it tomorrow and be back with a proper review.

But I can say I wasn't expecting anything Beka related for my birthday so I'm beyond excited about this.  I'm looking forward to tomorrow and hope I can sleep tonight. :lol:
Mary Rose, Official Missionary for the Church of Beka angst.  Please join us for worship at the EI fanfic board.  Jill-- on what my name badge should say.
Proud Andromeda and Forever Knight fanfic writer
    Posted Image           Posted Image           Posted Image
Proud parent of thriving Beka and Tracy muses
Posted Image

#3 Mary Rose

Mary Rose

Charlie's Asthmatic Angel

• 22,307 posts

Posted 28 June 2016 - 02:38 PM

O.K.  I'm back.  I loved the fic.  Thank you so much for writing it for me.  Been a long time since I got anything 'Drom related for my birthday and it means a lot.
Mary Rose, Official Missionary for the Church of Beka angst.  Please join us for worship at the EI fanfic board.  Jill-- on what my name badge should say.
Proud Andromeda and Forever Knight fanfic writer
    Posted Image           Posted Image           Posted Image
Proud parent of thriving Beka and Tracy muses
Posted Image

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users