• 4,674 posts

Posted 01 July 2016 - 04:39 PM

Airdate July 1, 2016

Spoilers

Dark Matter 2-1, pic 3.jpg

Dark Matter 2-1, pic 4.jpg

Dark Matter 2-1, pic 5.jpg

Dark Matter 2-1, pic 6.jpg

Dark Matter 2-1, pic - First Look Promotional Photos - DarkMatter_s2_sneakpeek_03_FULL.jpg

Dark Matter 2-1, pic - First Look Promotional Photos - DarkMatter_s2_sneakpeek_05_FULL.jpg

Dark Matter 2-1, pic - First Look Promotional Photos - DarkMatter_s2_sneakpeek_6_FULL.jpg

In the Season 2 premiere, the crew awaken to find themselves being held prisoners on the Hyperion-8 Maximum Security Galactic Detention Facility.

Promotional photos from www.farfarawaysite.com. :)
&
Promotional photos from images.spoilertv.com. :)

Edited by Sci-Fi Girl, 02 July 2016 - 01:05 AM.

"A song is like a picture of a bird in flight; the bird was moving before the picture was taken, and no doubt continued after."   - Pete Seeger

Pete Seeger's life was a picture of an idea in flight, and the idea will continue long after.  As long as there are people with goodness and courage in their hearts, the idea will continue forever.

Posted Image   Posted Image

Check out my music threads:

Beautiful Music: Folk, Acoustic, Traditional, and World

A Celebration of Song Lyrics, New and Old: Just the poetry  (to include those with different musical tastes than me)

When Sci Fi Actors Sing

#2 Sci-Fi Girl

Sci-Fi Girl

Help me save Dark Matter!

• Islander
  • 4,674 posts

Posted 01 July 2016 - 05:02 PM

It's back!  It's back!  It's back!  :boogie:  :boogie:  :boogie:

Wow, time snuck up on me there!  I was planning to do a rewatch of season one before starting season two, but time got away from me and here it is!  :oh:

Maybe I will binge season one this week, and watch eps 1&2 of the new season together.  Well see!  ;)

Oh, and BTW, this episode is directed by Amanda Tapping!!!  :D :cool:

SFG
"A song is like a picture of a bird in flight; the bird was moving before the picture was taken, and no doubt continued after."   - Pete Seeger

Pete Seeger's life was a picture of an idea in flight, and the idea will continue long after.  As long as there are people with goodness and courage in their hearts, the idea will continue forever.

Posted Image   Posted Image

Check out my music threads:

Beautiful Music: Folk, Acoustic, Traditional, and World

A Celebration of Song Lyrics, New and Old: Just the poetry  (to include those with different musical tastes than me)

When Sci Fi Actors Sing

#3 FarscapeOne

FarscapeOne
  • Islander
  • 3,560 posts

Posted 01 July 2016 - 05:19 PM

And the episode has an actual title, instead of "Episode 1, 2, 3, etc".

#4 RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes

Idealistic Cynic

• Demigod
  • 11,277 posts

Posted 01 July 2016 - 05:42 PM

It snuck up on me, too. But I'm looking forward to it.  I enjoyed the first season more than I expected.
Please visit The RJDiogenes Store. Posted Image   And my Gallery. Posted Image And my YouTube Page. Posted Image And read Trunkards. Posted Image  And then there's my Heroes Essays.  Posted Image

#5 Virgil Vox

Virgil Vox
  • 4,683 posts

Posted 02 July 2016 - 12:05 AM

Okay, that was a pretty good episode. I do have to say that if One really is dead I might just be done with the show. Don't get me wrong. I love the show. But I also love me some One, and if he's gone for good my enjoyment of the show might suffer. So fingers crossed he's not really dead and that was a clone of him.

Much like One, Six was also on the Raza under false pretenses. I understand where he's coming from. He's a police officer (or the Galactic Authority equivalent) and the Raza are criminals and they did unintentionally cause a planet to go boom. He also made sure that One and Five didn't go into Gen Pop because I doubt either of them could have handled it. It's looking like he's beginning to regret his decision since he's learned that the GA knew about the bomb and let it happen for political reasons. I see him re-joining the crew, even if they'll be hard pressed to trust him.

Talk about a humiliating way to be thrust into prison. Two, Three, and Four really got the short end of that stick. Still, they proved why they're the feared crew of the Raza and are already finding ways to escape the prison.

I like Nyx. I don't know if I want her joining the crew but she's an interesting character who kept her own with Two which is no easy feat. It almost seemed like they were implying she was a replicant too, but I hope that's not the case.

Of course Three would go the self harm route to get himself in the infirmary. Too bad it didn't work out for him.

Oh, interesting revelation that Three probably isn't responsible for killing One's wife. I'm guessing it's the CEO since the episode didn't exactly make it a mystery. Though why was his wife killed? If it was the CEO, maybe he was the one who suggested the course of action that One eventually took?

We now know the identities and backgrounds of all the characters since we learned who Five was this episode and how she ended up on the run. I'm curious as to why the GA is going after her now.

I loved the scene with the Android refusing to give her files on what the crew has been up to. She's loyal, and I hope her personality isn't wiped.

As much as I love the crew being stuck in the prison and am looking forward to their escape, I hope it's not dragged out over too many episodes. I'd prefer them to escape next episode and be back on the run after that.

All in all, this was a good premiere. It had some nice revelations, interesting new characters, good action, and one hell of a cliffhanger.
"You will give the people an ideal to strive towards. They will race behind you. They will stumble. They will fall. But in time, they will join you in the sun. In time, you will help them accomplish wonders."
--Jor-El

It's a recession when your neighbor loses his job: it's a depression when you lose yours.
-- Harry S. Truman

#6 zarkon

zarkon
  • Islander
  • 116 posts

Posted 02 July 2016 - 12:14 AM

I'm with you on that cliffhanger.   Unless he got smart and kept a double around just in case.   If not, that was pretty convincing.

It was also nice to get some more backstory here and there, and real names.

Loved the Android pilot.  She was having none of it, so there.   ;-)

I thought we caught a glimpse of the bridge later on when somebody came back onboard and I suspect Android won out that battle.

#7 RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes

Idealistic Cynic

• Demigod
  • 11,277 posts

Posted 03 July 2016 - 04:42 PM

Hmm. That was kind of a slow start, I thought. It didn't really have the spark that last season had. But that twist ending was really a mind bender.  But I agree that they really have to get back together and back on the ship as quickly as possible.

The whole prison thing was unsatisfying. The fact that it was not gender segregated implied a futuristic society, but then we had the guard make a mainstream cable style overture to Two. I can only think of one time that they went to that level of cliche in the first season.

If any new characters join the crew, I wonder if they will be assigned numbers.  :lol:
Please visit The RJDiogenes Store. Posted Image   And my Gallery. Posted Image And my YouTube Page. Posted Image And read Trunkards. Posted Image  And then there's my Heroes Essays.  Posted Image

#8 Cardie

Cardie

I'm a very *good* tailor

• Administrator
  • 22,497 posts

Posted 04 July 2016 - 06:51 PM

I was satisfied by the explanation for Six's betrayal but am always annoyed by prison dramas. I do hope they get back on board the ship soon. Also, Franka Potente is a plus to have around. But they cannot have killed moral center of show One. I can see his doppelganger joining the crew under false pretenses but only if One is OK and trying to get back to them.  With the clone duplicates part of the show universe, they have an out.
Nothing succeeds like excess.

#9 Niko

Niko
  • Watchdog
  • 2,183 posts

Posted 04 July 2016 - 07:21 PM

Yeah, I agree that they can't have really killed off One.  I think they spent too much time introducing us to the head of his company and reintroducing the whole plot about his wife's murder for it to just cut off.  I'm going to guess that the person who shot the gun *was* our One, having decided to fake his own death because he needs to be free to investigate things from the outside  (which will lead him back to the Raza, of course. :) )   The glitch there would be that the clones last season dissolved when they died, so it requires a bit of a retcon on how clones work to be a true faked death, but I like that idea better than the original One showing up out of the blue just to off him.
- Whatsoever you do to the least of my people, that you do unto me.    (Matthew 25:40)

- Do not let kindness and truth leave you; Bind them around your neck, Write them on the tablet of your heart.  (Proverbs 3:3)

#10 Niko

Niko
  • Watchdog
  • 2,183 posts

Posted 05 July 2016 - 04:46 PM

Well, I made the mistake of looking at a Joe Malozzi interview, and...
Spoiler

- Whatsoever you do to the least of my people, that you do unto me.    (Matthew 25:40)

- Do not let kindness and truth leave you; Bind them around your neck, Write them on the tablet of your heart.  (Proverbs 3:3)

#11 RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes

Idealistic Cynic

• Demigod
  • 11,277 posts

Posted 05 July 2016 - 05:11 PM

Do you have a link to the interview?

#12 Niko

Niko
  • Watchdog
  • 2,183 posts

Posted 05 July 2016 - 05:28 PM

Yeah, sorry... wasn't sure on etiquette of saying too much, even spoiler'd, in threads for current eps.

http://www.thetvjunk...-your-new-home/

#13 RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes

Idealistic Cynic

• Demigod
  • 11,277 posts

Posted 05 July 2016 - 07:48 PM

Well, nobody has to click if they don't want to.  :angel:

Spoiler

#14 Cardie

Cardie

I'm a very *good* tailor

• Administrator
  • 22,497 posts

Posted 05 July 2016 - 07:52 PM

View PostNiko, on 05 July 2016 - 04:46 PM, said:

Well, I made the mistake of looking at a Joe Malozzi interview, and...
Spoiler

Spoiler

#15 Niko

Niko
  • Watchdog
  • 2,183 posts

Posted 06 July 2016 - 09:01 AM

Spoiler

#16 RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes

Idealistic Cynic

• Demigod
  • 11,277 posts

Posted 06 July 2016 - 05:15 PM

Spoiler

#17 Cardie

Cardie

I'm a very *good* tailor

• Administrator
  • 22,497 posts

Posted 06 July 2016 - 07:27 PM

Spoiler

#18 Virgil Vox

Virgil Vox
  • 4,683 posts

Posted 06 July 2016 - 11:10 PM

Spoiler

"You will give the people an ideal to strive towards. They will race behind you. They will stumble. They will fall. But in time, they will join you in the sun. In time, you will help them accomplish wonders."
--Jor-El

It's a recession when your neighbor loses his job: it's a depression when you lose yours.
-- Harry S. Truman

#19 RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes

Idealistic Cynic

• Demigod
  • 11,277 posts

Posted 07 July 2016 - 05:34 PM

Spoiler

#20 RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes

Idealistic Cynic

• Demigod
  • 11,277 posts

Posted 07 July 2016 - 05:34 PM

This thread looks very weird.  :lol:

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Dark Matter, Dark Matter: Season 2

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users