Supergirl CW

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Virgil Vox

Virgil Vox
  • 5,310 posts

Posted 06 July 2016 - 11:18 PM

http://screenrant.co...-1-cw-schedule/

TV Line is reporting the network has announced plans to re-air the entirety of Supergirl season 1 in primetime, from pilot to finale. The festivities begin on Monday, August 1st at 8pm, with two episodes airing that night and every subsequent Monday night for the following nine weeks. That leads directly into Supergirl’s season 2 premiere in the same timeslot on Monday, October 10th.

This is a pretty good idea the CW has made. As the article points out there could be viewers out there who skipped the show when it was on CBS and now they have a second chance to see the first season without having to buy the DVD or wait for it to show up on Netflix.

I'll probably watch some of the episodes, but I'm also planning on buying the DVD and just binge watching the entire season then.
"You will give the people an ideal to strive towards. They will race behind you. They will stumble. They will fall. But in time, they will join you in the sun. In time, you will help them accomplish wonders."
--Jor-El

It's a recession when your neighbor loses his job: it's a depression when you lose yours.
-- Harry S. Truman

#2 RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes

Idealistic Cynic

• Demigod
  • 13,685 posts

Posted 07 July 2016 - 05:30 PM

I agree. This is a very good idea. It's a great introduction to new viewers and it shows that the CW is really behind the show.
Please visit The RJDiogenes Store. Posted Image   And my Gallery. Posted Image And my YouTube Page. Posted Image And read Trunkards. Posted Image  And then there's my Heroes Essays.  Posted Image

#3 Virgil Vox

Virgil Vox
  • 5,310 posts

Posted 10 July 2016 - 12:59 PM

^Yeah. While I am afraid that the move to the CW will hurt the show budget-wise and it won't be able to show off Supergirl's full range of powers as much as the first season, the CW will probably be a better fit than CBS. While CBS treated the show well, it just wasn't a good fit with the other shows on that network.
"You will give the people an ideal to strive towards. They will race behind you. They will stumble. They will fall. But in time, they will join you in the sun. In time, you will help them accomplish wonders."
--Jor-El

It's a recession when your neighbor loses his job: it's a depression when you lose yours.
-- Harry S. Truman

#4 RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes

Idealistic Cynic

• Demigod
  • 13,685 posts

Posted 10 July 2016 - 03:49 PM

Very true. The CW seems to be transitioning from a supernatural-themed netlet to a superhero-themed netlet.  And, from what I hear, they're doing much better with it than the DC movies are.
Please visit The RJDiogenes Store. Posted Image   And my Gallery. Posted Image And my YouTube Page. Posted Image And read Trunkards. Posted Image  And then there's my Heroes Essays.  Posted Image

#5 Virgil Vox

Virgil Vox
  • 5,310 posts

Posted 14 July 2016 - 08:41 PM

Very true. The CW seems to be transitioning from a supernatural-themed netlet to a superhero-themed netlet.  And, from what I hear, they're doing much better with it than the DC movies are.

Yes they are. Then again, the TV shows took their time to build up their universes. Barry Allen was introduced in the second season of Arrow and was given his own show the next season. Legends of Tomorrow used established characters to ease viewers in and had set-up thanks to both Arrow and The Flash.

On the other hand, the movies want a shared Marvel-style universe now without taking the time to build up the characters and universe. I'm hoping that Suicide Squad and Wonder Woman help the DC movie 'verse establish itself and hope that they don't have to stick to the dark, grim 'n gritty approach.
--Jor-El

-- Harry S. Truman

#6 RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes

Idealistic Cynic

• Demigod
  • 13,685 posts

Posted 15 July 2016 - 05:27 PM

I really hate the grim'n'gritty approach.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Supergirl, CW

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users