Airdate July 8, 2016

Spoilers

Dark Matter 2-2, pic 1.jpg

Dark Matter 2-2, pic 4.jpg

Dark Matter 2-2, pic 7.jpg

Dark Matter 2-2, pic 10 - 1500 px.jpg

Dark Matter 2-2, pic 14 - 1500 px.jpg

Dark Matter 2-2, pic 19.jpg

Imprisoned in Hyperion-8, the crew must negotiate attempted assassinations, extraditions, and behind-the-scenes machinations as they plot their escape.

Edit: Looks like a few of tonight's pictures wound up in last weeks thread.  Ah well, I'll sort out what pictures do go here in a bit.  :)

SFG

Promotional photos from www.farfarawaysite.com. :)

Edited by Sci-Fi Girl, 09 July 2016 - 08:52 AM.

"A song is like a picture of a bird in flight; the bird was moving before the picture was taken, and no doubt continued after."   - Pete Seeger

Pete Seeger's life was a picture of an idea in flight, and the idea will continue long after.  As long as there are people with goodness and courage in their hearts, the idea will continue forever.

Posted Image   Posted Image

Check out my music threads:

Beautiful Music: Folk, Acoustic, Traditional, and World

A Celebration of Song Lyrics, New and Old: Just the poetry  (to include those with different musical tastes than me)

When Sci Fi Actors Sing

#2 RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes

Idealistic Cynic

• Demigod
  • 13,448 posts

Posted 08 July 2016 - 05:41 PM

I hope we get some more information about you-know-what in this episode.  :unsure:
Please visit The RJDiogenes Store. Posted Image   And my Gallery. Posted Image And my YouTube Page. Posted Image And read Trunkards. Posted Image  And then there's my Heroes Essays.  Posted Image

#3 Cardie

Cardie

I'm a very *good* tailor

• Administrator
  • 22,632 posts

Posted 09 July 2016 - 11:31 PM

For now, One is dead and Marc Bendavid out of the credits. And now Five orders murder and Six is in stasis. I fear they are exchanging characters torn between self-interest and morality for pure bad-asses. Not what I watch this show for.
Nothing succeeds like excess.

#4 Niko

Niko
  • Watchdog
  • 2,308 posts

Posted 10 July 2016 - 08:45 AM

My jaw dropped there at the end.  This whole situation with One (and now Six) feels like a really ham-fisted approach to cast changes.  Lame "door is open" send-offs for the people they're dropping, while doing just about nothing to give personality to the new folks, who are all still firmly in cardboard-stock-character mode.

I'm also already pretty tired of Two and Four's one-note "bad-ass" mode, and I've never been as fond of Five as others, so that leaves me with Three and the Android as characters I have any interest in watching right now.  I liked Two last season, so hopefully she'll grow on my again, but if they were making changes, it kinda floors me that they said "Yeah, space samurais is a definite keeper!"
- Whatsoever you do to the least of my people, that you do unto me.    (Matthew 25:40)

- Do not let kindness and truth leave you; Bind them around your neck, Write them on the tablet of your heart.  (Proverbs 3:3)

#5 Virgil Vox

Virgil Vox
  • 5,266 posts

Posted 10 July 2016 - 12:50 PM

I enjoyed this episode but I'm worried about the direction the show is taking. One is dead (though I'm really hoping that it's a major fake-out and my favorite character and crush is still alive), Six is now in stasis, and Five had no problem ordering the Android to murder a lot of people. Those three were more or less the moral heart of the show. With One dead, Six in stasis for who knows how long, and Five having no problem ordering the deaths of people, the show is taking a darker turn.

I understand that Five was upset and not happy with the GA authorities, but she could have just as easily ordered the Android to incapacitate them. There was no reason to murder all of them. Yes, we've been shown that there are corrupt elements in the GA but that doesn't mean they all are. Six wasn't. I doubt he's alone in being the only noble person in a corrupt society.

The crew being detained in the prison lasted just as long as I wanted it to. I was afraid we were looking at another episode of them being in jail but instead they escaped rather quickly. The escape was definitely full of bad-ass moments and proved just why the Raza crew is the Raza crew.

it kinda floors me that they said "Yeah, space samurais is a definite keeper!"

I really wish Christopher still posted here because he would have a lot more to say about the space samurais. I know it was a concept he was not fond of. Sure, they look cool and I like sword-fighting, but there's no real reason for it. Why does a future empire employ swords as their main weapon of choice? There might be a good cultural reason for it but one hasn't been provided whatsoever.

I wonder who that woman is that wants Five and which of the new characters is a mole working for her?

I really wish I had re-watched season 1 because I can't remember which corporation is which and which one likes the crew and which one doesn't.

Not what I watch this show for.

True. I'm hoping that the show will even out now that the crew is back on the ship. My hope is that Six's stasis is just a very temporary thing and this isn't a way to write out his character for a long time.

I did appreciate Six's arc in these two episodes as he comes to realize that the GA can be just as corrupt and bad, if not worse, than the crew of the Raza. He's a great character, and the fact that he was going to stay behind to face the music says a lot about him.
"You will give the people an ideal to strive towards. They will race behind you. They will stumble. They will fall. But in time, they will join you in the sun. In time, you will help them accomplish wonders."
--Jor-El

It's a recession when your neighbor loses his job: it's a depression when you lose yours.
-- Harry S. Truman

#6 RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes

Idealistic Cynic

• Demigod
  • 13,448 posts

Posted 10 July 2016 - 04:31 PM

I was definitely disturbed by Five's command to kill them all.  I knew those words would be spoken in the episode, but I never thought it would be her that spoke them.  :(

As for the rest, I haven't seen any spoilers aside from the interview in the thread for episode one, so I don't know if these developments are cast changes or just part of the plot.  It's not a good sign that the actor who plays One is not in the credits, but on the the other hand, the actor who plays Glen on Walking Dead was not in the credits when they were faking us out about him. And Six is just in stasis-- it seems likely that he will come back soon, hopefully.  I'm willing to let it play out and see what happens. I do agree that it will be very detrimental to the show if those characters are really gone.
Please visit The RJDiogenes Store. Posted Image   And my Gallery. Posted Image And my YouTube Page. Posted Image And read Trunkards. Posted Image  And then there's my Heroes Essays.  Posted Image

#7 Virgil Vox

Virgil Vox
  • 5,266 posts

Posted 14 July 2016 - 08:37 PM

I was definitely disturbed by Five's command to kill them all.  I knew those words would be spoken in the episode, but I never thought it would be her that spoke them.  :(

I might not have had as big of a problem with her being the one to say it if the episode had earned that moment. Whole the GA woman was mean and had no qualms about selling the team down the river, she didn't do anything horrible towards any members of the crew. She didn't torture or kill any of them. She just interrogated them and made threats. Five making the Android kill her just for threats was just so completely out of character for her.

It's not a good sign that the actor who plays One is not in the credits, but on the the other hand, the actor who plays Glen on Walking Dead was not in the credits when they were faking us out about him. And Six is just in stasis-- it seems likely that he will come back soon, hopefully.  I'm willing to let it play out and see what happens. I do agree that it will be very detrimental to the show if those characters are really gone.

True, him being out of the credits could be a fake-out. Credits can lie. Amber Benson was added to the credits of Buffy the Vampire Slayer in the same episode that killed her off. I'm hoping that this is another credit fake-out.
"You will give the people an ideal to strive towards. They will race behind you. They will stumble. They will fall. But in time, they will join you in the sun. In time, you will help them accomplish wonders."
--Jor-El

It's a recession when your neighbor loses his job: it's a depression when you lose yours.
-- Harry S. Truman

#8 QueenTiye

QueenTiye

Behavior is not reproducible over multiple trials.

• Islander
  • 24,300 posts

Posted 14 July 2016 - 10:15 PM

Having seen this, I have less issues with 5's "kill them all" and didn't see her as a bad@ss at all.  It looked (to me) like 6 gave her the escape instructions once he understood the lay of the land, and she executed on the plan. I imagine she ordinarily would avoid killing, but then again, she's always followed 6 and it has always been 6 who kept her from going down certain paths. If he said it was needed, I'm sure she was on board.

QT

Een Draght Mackt Maght

#9 Niko

Niko
  • Watchdog
  • 2,308 posts

Posted 15 July 2016 - 08:59 AM

View PostVirgil Vox, on 14 July 2016 - 08:37 PM, said:

True, him being out of the credits could be a fake-out. Credits can lie. Amber Benson was added to the credits of Buffy the Vampire Slayer in the same episode that killed her off. I'm hoping that this is another credit fake-out.

Being honest:  I think I'm coming at this (and the status of Six) from a more pessimistic place because I simply don't have all that much faith in Joe Mallozzi to be that subtle. I think he's a perfectly competent showrunner, and his name being attached to Dark Matter was part of why I was interested in the show, but he was always a bit of a brat to anyone who didn't properly fawn over his every move back in Stargate days, and his plot "twists" never seemed quite as clever as he thought they were.
- Whatsoever you do to the least of my people, that you do unto me.    (Matthew 25:40)

- Do not let kindness and truth leave you; Bind them around your neck, Write them on the tablet of your heart.  (Proverbs 3:3)

#10 RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes

Idealistic Cynic

• Demigod
  • 13,448 posts

Posted 15 July 2016 - 05:45 PM

^^  I just remembered that this is based on a comic, isn't it?  If they're following the comic closely, we may be able to know the fates of One and Six-- if we want to.  :lol:

View PostVirgil Vox, on 14 July 2016 - 08:37 PM, said:

I might not have had as big of a problem with her being the one to say it if the episode had earned that moment. Whole the GA woman was mean and had no qualms about selling the team down the river, she didn't do anything horrible towards any members of the crew. She didn't torture or kill any of them. She just interrogated them and made threats. Five making the Android kill her just for threats was just so completely out of character for her.  
Doom seemed kind of imminent at the moment, but she showed no reluctance or regret.  And then there was the whole thing with the increasingly bigger guns.

Oh, yeah, I forgot about the Amber Benson thing.  That was mean.

View PostQueenTiye, on 14 July 2016 - 10:15 PM, said:

Having seen this, I have less issues with 5's "kill them all" and didn't see her as a bad@ss at all.  It looked (to me) like 6 gave her the escape instructions once he understood the lay of the land, and she executed on the plan. I imagine she ordinarily would avoid killing, but then again, she's always followed 6 and it has always been 6 who kept her from going down certain paths. If he said it was needed, I'm sure she was on board.  
But would Six, who always wanted to protect her, give her such instructions?

#11 QueenTiye

QueenTiye

Behavior is not reproducible over multiple trials.

• Islander
  • 24,300 posts

Posted 15 July 2016 - 07:19 PM

As the only way to get out of this situation alive? Maybe.  Six is, after all, a soldier - one whose chain of command is entirely compromised.  I can see him sizing up the situation and deciding the only way out of the situation was through desperate means.  I guess tonight we will see more of 5's characterization to know how this is shaping up.

QT

Een Draght Mackt Maght

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Dark Matter, Dark Matter: Season 2

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users