Obama Radical Islam Bush43 2016

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Cait

Cait

Democracy Dies in Darkness

• 10,810 posts

Posted 19 July 2016 - 03:53 PM

Fascinating article here that accurately [imo]  addresses why the Administration does not use the term "Radical islam".  It boils down to the difference between the politics of campaigning and the actual politics of running the country.  A difference too few really understand.

http://www.vox.com/2...unterproductive

Like the Obama administration, the Bush administration correctly judged that the term "radical Islam" was divisive and adversarial, and would alienate the very people we wanted to communicate with.

Trump and those who echo his views must realize there is no such thing as one Islamic world or one Islamic ideology — or even one form of radicalism in the Muslim world. Many diverse ideological narratives characterize Muslim-majority and Muslim-minority countries and the 1.6 billion Muslims across the globe. To paint them all with the same broad brush of radicalism and extremism is absurd, dangerous, and politically self-serving.

Rules for surviving an Autocracy:

Rule#1: Believe the Autocrat.
Rule#2: Do not be taken in by small signs of normality.
Rule#3: Institutions will not save you.
Rule#4: Be outraged.
Rule#5: Don't make compromises.
Rule#6: Remember the future.

Source:
http://www2.nybooks....r-survival.html

#2 RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes

Idealistic Cynic

• Demigod
  • 13,416 posts

Posted 19 July 2016 - 05:24 PM

Absurd, dangerous, and politically self serving. That pretty much describes the 21st Century.  :lol:
Please visit The RJDiogenes Store. Posted Image   And my Gallery. Posted Image And my YouTube Page. Posted Image And read Trunkards. Posted Image  And then there's my Heroes Essays.  Posted Image

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Obama, Radical Islam, Bush43, 2016

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users