• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 G-man

G-man

Is there a problem?

• 8,595 posts

Posted 25 July 2016 - 12:21 PM

This one certainly looks interesting:

It seems they were drawing some inspiration from DeLaurentiis' version of King Kong.  At least that's the impression I got.

/s/

Gloriosus
the G-man Himself
Let me strive every moment of my life to make myself better and better, to the best of my ability, so that all may profit by it.
Let me think of the right and lend my assistance to all who may need it, with no regard for anything but justice.
Let me take what comes with a smile, without loss of courage.
Let me be considerate of my country, of my fellow citizens, and my associates in everything I say and do.
Let me do right to all, and wrong no man.
-- Doc Savage

Few people want to be moderated, most people see the need for everyone else to be moderated. -- Orpheus

#2 RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes

Idealistic Cynic

• Demigod
  • 13,623 posts

Posted 25 July 2016 - 05:30 PM

Too much military stuff for me.  What's it supposed to be?  A re-imagining? A sequel?  Son of Kong?
Please visit The RJDiogenes Store. Posted Image   And my Gallery. Posted Image And my YouTube Page. Posted Image And read Trunkards. Posted Image  And then there's my Heroes Essays.  Posted Image

#3 G-man

G-man

Is there a problem?

• 8,595 posts

Posted 25 July 2016 - 06:17 PM

My impression is that this is unrelated to Peter Jackson's King Kong, but rather is set in the same universe as the recent Godzilla (or so rumors suggest).  So ... a reimaging? :unsure:

/s/

Gloriosus
the G-man Himself

Edited by G-man, 25 July 2016 - 08:29 PM.

Let me strive every moment of my life to make myself better and better, to the best of my ability, so that all may profit by it.
Let me think of the right and lend my assistance to all who may need it, with no regard for anything but justice.
Let me take what comes with a smile, without loss of courage.
Let me be considerate of my country, of my fellow citizens, and my associates in everything I say and do.
Let me do right to all, and wrong no man.
-- Doc Savage

Few people want to be moderated, most people see the need for everyone else to be moderated. -- Orpheus

#4 Virgil Vox

Virgil Vox
  • 5,293 posts

Posted 25 July 2016 - 06:50 PM

Definitely a re-imaging. I thought it was an engaging trailer. It has me interested, that's for sure. Kong himself is certainly bigger than ever, which does add fuel to the fire that there's going to be a Godzilla vs. King Kong movie.
"You will give the people an ideal to strive towards. They will race behind you. They will stumble. They will fall. But in time, they will join you in the sun. In time, you will help them accomplish wonders."
--Jor-El

It's a recession when your neighbor loses his job: it's a depression when you lose yours.
-- Harry S. Truman

#5 RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes

Idealistic Cynic

• Demigod
  • 13,623 posts

Posted 26 July 2016 - 04:58 PM

Ah, King Kong vs. Godzilla. Now I get it.
Please visit The RJDiogenes Store. Posted Image   And my Gallery. Posted Image And my YouTube Page. Posted Image And read Trunkards. Posted Image  And then there's my Heroes Essays.  Posted Image

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Kong, King Kong, Skull Island

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users