Dark Matter 2-7, pic 2.jpg

Dark Matter 2-7, pic 4.jpg

Dark Matter 2-7, pic 5.jpg

Dark Matter 2-7, pic 6.jpg

Dark Matter 2-7, pic 7.jpg

Dark Matter 2-7, pic 8.jpg

Dark Matter 2-7, pic 9.jpg

Dark Matter 2-7, pic 10.jpg

Three crew members infiltrate a highly secure facility with the help of their handler.

Calchek is back!!!  :D :D

SFG

Promotional photos from www.farfarawaysite.com. :)
"A song is like a picture of a bird in flight; the bird was moving before the picture was taken, and no doubt continued after."   - Pete Seeger

Pete Seeger's life was a picture of an idea in flight, and the idea will continue long after.  As long as there are people with goodness and courage in their hearts, the idea will continue forever.

Posted Image   Posted Image

Check out my music threads:

Beautiful Music: Folk, Acoustic, Traditional, and World

A Celebration of Song Lyrics, New and Old: Just the poetry  (to include those with different musical tastes than me)

When Sci Fi Actors Sing

#2 Virgil Vox

Virgil Vox
  • 5,312 posts

Posted 13 August 2016 - 02:34 PM

I thought this was an enjoyable episode. I'm glad that the mystery of the card was cleared up, at least in part. The card slots into a machine that allows instantaneous travel anywhere in the galaxy. That would be a game changer and could be a big boon to the Raza crew if it works properly, which given how the episode ended it doesn't see to. The only question really left is who created it.

Okay, I get that Five is a great hacker and everything but they're really upping her skills to an incredible degree this season given how easily she has hacked into everything. They need to bring that down to a little more believable level.

They finally give Devon some proper screen time and explore his past and now it looks like he may be dead thanks to the Seers. Fingers crossed that he's not actually dead yet. I'm not attached to him or Nyx as much as I am to the other characters but they are slowly growing on me. Giving us some insight into Devon and his past has helped in that regard.

Speaking of the Seers, how did they not predict that Nyx would be on the station with Devon? Is that not something she would normally do?

When they brought up the transfer transit I was wondering how they were going to get around the fact that the users enter it in their underwear and come out the other side naked. The specially crafted suits was a good work around.

It was nice seeing Calchek again even if he wasn't as integral to the plot as I had originally assumed. Here's hoping he makes return appearances. The crew is going to need a steady source of income if they do plan on taking the war to the corporations.

I still miss One. Killing him off hasn't done anything to help the season. They found Corso and killed him rather easily, and the tease about who hired him hasn't been followed up on at all.

Loved how Three was all gung-ho for the dislocation of Four's shoulders if it meant escape, but balked when he found out it would be his shoulders dislocated.

The crew is quickly racking up the enemies. It seems as if everyone is after them now.

I am curious as to who programmed the Android to be more human and why. We know so little about her at this point.
"You will give the people an ideal to strive towards. They will race behind you. They will stumble. They will fall. But in time, they will join you in the sun. In time, you will help them accomplish wonders."
--Jor-El

It's a recession when your neighbor loses his job: it's a depression when you lose yours.
-- Harry S. Truman

#3 RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes

Idealistic Cynic

• Demigod
  • 13,687 posts

Posted 14 August 2016 - 04:51 PM

I was a little disappointed in the card revelation. I was expecting something more other-dimensional, not just instantaneous travel.

And something occurred to me-- probably something that everybody else has thought of already.  When the season started, I wondered jokingly if the new characters would get numbers if they were accepted on the crew. But now I've realized that Nyx rhymes with nix, which means "nothing".... i.e. "Zero."

It also occurred to me that the producers must be Asimov fans.  We've got a mini Foundation and a secret society of humaniform robots that are indistinguishable from humans. I wonder if a planetary hive mind will show up next.

View PostVirgil Vox, on 13 August 2016 - 02:34 PM, said:

Speaking of the Seers, how did they not predict that Nyx would be on the station with Devon? Is that not something she would normally do?  
Good question.  Maybe she's the wild card that they can't account for, like the Mule in Foundation.  Either because becoming part of the Raza crew has changed her or because they no longer have her brother.
Please visit The RJDiogenes Store. Posted Image   And my Gallery. Posted Image And my YouTube Page. Posted Image And read Trunkards. Posted Image  And then there's my Heroes Essays.  Posted Image

#4 QueenTiye

QueenTiye

Behavior is not reproducible over multiple trials.

• Islander
  • 24,302 posts

Posted 15 August 2016 - 09:05 AM

Actually - I think they DID predict that she would be with the doctor, but they didn't predict that he wouldn't know that she was there.  That was the wildcard - she was where they expected her to be but Devon thought she was still with the Raza.

Also - quite clear now that the Nyx doesn't actually know her brother is dead. Sad.  And I guess it spells trouble down the road, between her and Four.

The pictures really give lie to the idea that the clothes are so tight fitting that the android needed to remark upon it.  Although that was really funny... she got all the funny lines this ep.  I didn't understand why the clothes would get through to the other side - because they are organic material? Cotton?

QT

Een Draght Mackt Maght

#5 Cybersnark

Cybersnark

NERV wants YOU!

• Islander
  • 2,571 posts

Posted 15 August 2016 - 10:29 AM

This episode finally firmly(*) establishes that we're dealing with a single-galaxy civilization (yet apparently a single-species one, which strains credulity, though the writers apparently said at SDCC that they were planning to introduce aliens this year). This makes them a low-end Type-13 --which means that the wormhole-based "blink-drive" is only to be expected (the factionalized megacorps, mass-produced human-passing androids, bodily reconstruction, and easy mental reprogramming are all consistent, while the lack of replicators, holograms, advanced medical tech[**], and dearth of industrial worlds could be either cultural blindspots or a result of the limits of a TV budget).

And it occurred to me during the the show that Devon could easily have transfer-transited himself to a different pod as a backup: the clone got killed (he seemed to still be twitching when the Seers ran off), while the real Devon is still back on Raza.

(* We've heard of the Galactic Authority, of course, but names don't necessarily mean much: it could've been a smaller body with a grandiose name or a local hub of a larger intergalactic network.)

(** If transfer-transit can create flash-clone duplicates and Evil Will Wheaton can create Two's nanites, the technology should logically exist somewhere to reconstruct injured bodies with nanotechnology, even if it's beyond the capabilities of the Raza's sickbay. Perhaps if someone recovered One's body. . .)
"Hilarity ensues." --Seamus Harper

#6 RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes

Idealistic Cynic

• Demigod
  • 13,687 posts

Posted 15 August 2016 - 05:17 PM

View PostQueenTiye, on 15 August 2016 - 09:05 AM, said:

Actually - I think they DID predict that she would be with the doctor, but they didn't predict that he wouldn't know that she was there.  That was the wildcard - she was where they expected her to be but Devon thought she was still with the Raza.  
That's true.

The pictures really give lie to the idea that the clothes are so tight fitting that the android needed to remark upon it.  
Enhanced android senses.  :lol:

I didn't understand why the clothes would get through to the other side - because they are organic material? Cotton?  
They said something about DNA sequencing, apparently to fool the machine into thinking that the clothes are part of the person.

View PostCybersnark, on 15 August 2016 - 10:29 AM, said:

This episode finally firmly(*) establishes that we're dealing with a single-galaxy civilization (yet apparently a single-species one, which strains credulity, though the writers apparently said at SDCC that they were planning to introduce aliens this year).
An all-human galaxy would be another Asimov parallel.

(** If transfer-transit can create flash-clone duplicates and Evil Will Wheaton can create Two's nanites, the technology should logically exist somewhere to reconstruct injured bodies with nanotechnology, even if it's beyond the capabilities of the Raza's sickbay. Perhaps if someone recovered One's body. . .)
I wonder what would come out the other side if you put a corpse in a transit unit.
Please visit The RJDiogenes Store. Posted Image   And my Gallery. Posted Image And my YouTube Page. Posted Image And read Trunkards. Posted Image  And then there's my Heroes Essays.  Posted Image

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Dark Matter, Dark Matter: Season 2

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users