• Islander
  • 4,940 posts

Posted 19 August 2016 - 08:54 AM

Airdate August 19, 2016

Spoilers

Dark Matter 2-8, pic 1.jpg

Dark Matter 2-8, pic 2.jpg

Dark Matter 2-8, pic img_4976.jpg

A Blink Drive test goes awry, propelling the Raza to a parallel reality.

Promotional photos from www.farfarawaysite.com. :)
&
Promotional photos from https://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com. :)

Edited by Sci-Fi Girl, 19 August 2016 - 11:30 AM.

"A song is like a picture of a bird in flight; the bird was moving before the picture was taken, and no doubt continued after."   - Pete Seeger

Pete Seeger's life was a picture of an idea in flight, and the idea will continue long after.  As long as there are people with goodness and courage in their hearts, the idea will continue forever.

Posted Image   Posted Image

Check out my music threads:

Beautiful Music: Folk, Acoustic, Traditional, and World

A Celebration of Song Lyrics, New and Old: Just the poetry  (to include those with different musical tastes than me)

When Sci Fi Actors Sing

#2 Sci-Fi Girl

Sci-Fi Girl

Help me save Dark Matter!

• Islander
  • 4,940 posts

Posted 19 August 2016 - 11:33 AM

Ok, I've got the pictures up now.  There were hardly any released, apparently because of spoilers.  (Parallel universe, woohoo!! :woohoo: :lol:)  

Anyway, so I threw in a BTS pic from Joe's blog at the end.  :)

SFG

Edited by Sci-Fi Girl, 19 August 2016 - 11:33 AM.

"A song is like a picture of a bird in flight; the bird was moving before the picture was taken, and no doubt continued after."   - Pete Seeger

Pete Seeger's life was a picture of an idea in flight, and the idea will continue long after.  As long as there are people with goodness and courage in their hearts, the idea will continue forever.

Posted Image   Posted Image

Check out my music threads:

Beautiful Music: Folk, Acoustic, Traditional, and World

A Celebration of Song Lyrics, New and Old: Just the poetry  (to include those with different musical tastes than me)

When Sci Fi Actors Sing

#3 RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes

Idealistic Cynic

• Demigod
  • 13,018 posts

Posted 19 August 2016 - 06:16 PM

Ah, so we do get a parallel universe. Cool.  That's what I was hoping for.

That last picture is cute.  :lol:
Please visit The RJDiogenes Store. Posted Image   And my Gallery. Posted Image And my YouTube Page. Posted Image And read Trunkards. Posted Image  And then there's my Heroes Essays.  Posted Image

#4 Cybersnark

Cybersnark

NERV wants YOU!

• Islander
  • 2,559 posts

Posted 20 August 2016 - 10:59 AM

So, do we think alt-verse "Corso" (who almost certainly hitch-hiked across, allowing the show to keep the actor) is Jace Corso or Derrick Moss?

I mean, the memory-wipe never happened, but the death of Moss' wife might have, which would mean that arc plays out as it did in "our" reality. Possibly complete with Moss-as-Corso realizing that Boone wasn't the killer (which might explain why he was gunning for Portia, if she was).

We can also guess that our Portia was the one who tampered with the Android's programming (based on that conversation with the alt-Android [Altdroid?]).
"Hilarity ensues." --Seamus Harper

#5 Cardie

Cardie

I'm a very *good* tailor

• Administrator
  • 22,612 posts

Posted 20 August 2016 - 11:37 AM

I'm glad they found a way for Ben David to return occasionally but having alt-universe versions of the characters when we already have pre- and post-memory wipe versions is a little much for me. I find that last season held my interest through the mystery of the characters' past selves. Now that it's just space war hijinks I'm less interested.
Nothing succeeds like excess.

#6 RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes

Idealistic Cynic

• Demigod
  • 13,018 posts

Posted 21 August 2016 - 04:44 PM

Well, that was interesting.  There were a number of parallels to "Mirror, Mirror," including Two trying to save the equivalent of the Helkans and Android being a person of integrity in both universes.  I agree that the hitchhiker must have been either Corso or Moss-- I'm guessing Moss-- mostly because I originally guessed that they would use the card to bring him back somehow.  :D

I just wonder what his motivation for coming across was.   Does he want to get revenge in two universes?
Please visit The RJDiogenes Store. Posted Image   And my Gallery. Posted Image And my YouTube Page. Posted Image And read Trunkards. Posted Image  And then there's my Heroes Essays.  Posted Image

#7 Virgil Vox

Virgil Vox
  • 5,179 posts

Posted 23 August 2016 - 08:20 PM

That was an interesting episode. I liked the alternate universe mainly because it showed how our crew could have ended up had the mind wipe not been performed. The not mind wiped Raza crew showed just why they earned such a fearsome reputation, and just what kind of damage they could inflict without their morals getting in the way.

At first I thought the episode was going the time travel route. I figured they had jumped ahead in time, maybe by a few months. I didn't guess alternate universe until the second Raza showed up.

Now since Four knows his counter-part reclaimed the Ishida throne, will he try to do the same? If they crew can get the Blink Drive working properly, that would aim him quite a bit. Also, since he knows his brother backed him in the alternate universe, before trying to go all democracy, he can go to his brother in this universe/ In fact, Four might not be as adverse to democracy as his alt self.

So, do we think alt-verse "Corso" (who almost certainly hitch-hiked across, allowing the show to keep the actor) is Jace Corso or Derrick Moss?

I'm not sure. If it's Jace, that doesn't really add anything to the show. The crew wouldn't want him around and since he didn't kill One their is no reason to seek him out. On the other hand, if it's Moss he's a vastly different Moss than the regular universe Moss. He had no problem nuking a colony to kill Two and what's his name. That's a pretty cold hearted move that One never would have done.

Even if it is the alt-Moss, it's not the One that we grew to know and love. I'm with Cardie that having pre- and post- memory wipe versions and then an alternate universe version might be a little much.

I find that last season held my interest through the mystery of the characters' past selves. Now that it's just space war hijinks I'm less interested.

I'm feeling the same way. This season feels a little more aimless right now. Without the central mystery of who these people are there isn't much driving the show. I wouldn't mind the space war between the corporations being the central theme if they weren't all so interchangeable. I couldn't name one of the corporations without looking it up and I honestly couldn't tell you which corporation was featured in this episode. The show hasn't done anything to make them stand apart.

I just wonder what his motivation for coming across was.   Does he want to get revenge in two universes?

Well, he could be trying to escape from his Raza crew. He did technically try to mutiny against Lin and the others. Escaping to another universe is a good way to ensure he's safe. It's also possible that it's not Moss in the shuttle but someone completely different.

I'm guessing the doctor is dead which sucks. It seems like a waste of his character and it didn't add anything to the plot at all.

We can also guess that our Portia was the one who tampered with the Android's programming (based on that conversation with the alt-Android [Altdroid?]).

It seems that way, though I wonder what her ultimate purpose was going to be. Pre-memory wipe Lin didn't seem to be the type who would want to make an android feel more human just to be nice.
"You will give the people an ideal to strive towards. They will race behind you. They will stumble. They will fall. But in time, they will join you in the sun. In time, you will help them accomplish wonders."
--Jor-El

It's a recession when your neighbor loses his job: it's a depression when you lose yours.
-- Harry S. Truman

#8 RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes

Idealistic Cynic

• Demigod
  • 13,018 posts

Posted 24 August 2016 - 06:29 PM

The deaths of both One and the doctor seem very anticlimactic to me.  It's all got to be leading up to something.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Dark Matter, Dark Matter: Season 2

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users