• Islander
  • 5,063 posts

Posted 19 August 2016 - 08:58 AM

Airdate August 19, 2016

Spoilers

Killjoys 2-8, pic 1 - 1500 px.jpg

Killjoys 2-8, pic 2 - 1500 px.jpg

Killjoys 2-8, pic 3 - 1500 px.jpg

Clues from Khlyen's Red 17 transmission lead Dutch, D'avin and Alvis to an old research facility on Arkyn. Meanwhile, Johnny and Pawter try to rally outside support in the impending war for Westerly.

Promotional photos from www.farfarawaysite.com. :)

Edited by Sci-Fi Girl, 19 August 2016 - 11:38 AM.

"A song is like a picture of a bird in flight; the bird was moving before the picture was taken, and no doubt continued after."   - Pete Seeger

Pete Seeger's life was a picture of an idea in flight, and the idea will continue long after.  As long as there are people with goodness and courage in their hearts, the idea will continue forever.

Posted Image   Posted Image

Check out my music threads:

Beautiful Music: Folk, Acoustic, Traditional, and World

A Celebration of Song Lyrics, New and Old: Just the poetry  (to include those with different musical tastes than me)

When Sci Fi Actors Sing

#2 G-man

G-man

Is there a problem?

• 8,687 posts

Posted 19 August 2016 - 01:28 PM

Is it just me, or do the Killjoy costumes seem rather generic?

/s/

Gloriosus
the G-man Himself

Edited by G-man, 19 August 2016 - 01:28 PM.

Let me strive every moment of my life to make myself better and better, to the best of my ability, so that all may profit by it.
Let me think of the right and lend my assistance to all who may need it, with no regard for anything but justice.
Let me take what comes with a smile, without loss of courage.
Let me be considerate of my country, of my fellow citizens, and my associates in everything I say and do.
Let me do right to all, and wrong no man.
-- Doc Savage

Few people want to be moderated, most people see the need for everyone else to be moderated. -- Orpheus

#3 RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes

Idealistic Cynic

• Demigod
  • 14,490 posts

Posted 19 August 2016 - 06:15 PM

Well, one of the reasons that I'm having a hard time working up enthusiasm for this show is that everything is generic. The costumes, the sets, the SFX, the music, the bar scenes. I've complained for years about how the sets in contemporary Sciffy shows and movies all look like abandoned factory basements-- one episode in the first season of Killjoys was literally shot at an abandoned factory complex, with no effort to disguise the 21st century Earth setting.

Of course, Killjoys is not the only offender, as I said. It's typical of contemporary productions, including Dark Matter.  The fashion for pseudo-realism makes everything look generic.
Please visit The RJDiogenes Store. Posted Image   And my Gallery. Posted Image And my YouTube Page. Posted Image And read Trunkards. Posted Image  And then there's my Heroes Essays.  Posted Image

#4 Cybersnark

Cybersnark

NERV wants YOU!

• Islander
  • 2,587 posts

Posted 20 August 2016 - 10:50 AM

Killjoys also has budget and basic production-value issues (they've done scenes where Lucy takes a hit and they do the camera-shake trick --the cast gets bodily thrown off their feet, but the loose props in the frame don't even wobble).

At least we now can guess what Dutch is: a clone of this Aneela, grown from childhood. If Aneela was a Six (possibly the first, accidental Six, that this facility was trying to crudely reproduce), it's possible Dutch is an attempt to bypass the whole "trial-and-error" process that Red-17 seems to have been using (because they'd know Dutch is biologically compatible).

And Khlyen really could be trying to protect her, because he sees her as a second chance to not lose "his daughter" to the green goo (unwilling or unable to acknowledge that she's not his daughter, of course, just a biological duplicate).
"Hilarity ensues." --Seamus Harper

#5 RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes

Idealistic Cynic

• Demigod
  • 14,490 posts

Posted 21 August 2016 - 04:34 PM

View PostCybersnark, on 20 August 2016 - 10:50 AM, said:

Killjoys also has budget and basic production-value issues (they've done scenes where Lucy takes a hit and they do the camera-shake trick --the cast gets bodily thrown off their feet, but the loose props in the frame don't even wobble).  
Nice.  :lol:
Please visit The RJDiogenes Store. Posted Image   And my Gallery. Posted Image And my YouTube Page. Posted Image And read Trunkards. Posted Image  And then there's my Heroes Essays.  Posted Image

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Killjoys, Killjoys: Season 2

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users