Details in this thread

Going To DragonCon 2016...

5 replies to this topic

#1 FarscapeOne

FarscapeOne
  • Islander
  • 3,929 posts

Posted 31 August 2016 - 05:25 PM

Getting my bag packed for my drive to Atlanta for my 11th DragonCon in a row. First time renting a car for it, though. I just can't put that many miles on my truck anymore... trying not to kill her before her time.

I have a much smaller autograph list than normal... only 26 people this year. I figured it would eventually get to that low number, given how many people I have already met. I've got a buddy from work that will be rooming with me, and I get to give him the full tour of the awesome event.

I can't wait to be there! Especially since this one should have a bigger focus on STAR TREK, as their 50th Anniversary is next Thursday. (Quite fitting, as it was also a Thursday that STAR TREK premiered.)

#2 RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes

Idealistic Cynic

• Demigod
  • 13,874 posts

Posted 01 September 2016 - 04:57 PM

I hope you have a great time.  I'd love to be going.  I just had to spend $700 on my own aging vehicle this week.  :shrug:
Please visit The RJDiogenes Store. Posted Image   And my Gallery. Posted Image And my YouTube Page. Posted Image And read Trunkards. Posted Image  And then there's my Heroes Essays.  Posted Image

#3 Virgil Vox

Virgil Vox
  • 5,375 posts

Posted 02 September 2016 - 11:09 PM

Have a great time. It's awesome that you've been able to go 11 years in a row. I would love to make it to a Con someday.

I just had to spend $700 on my own aging vehicle this week.  :shrug:

I know the feeling. I just paid over $1,000 for college this semester plus I'll be paying close to $300 to take the two tests I need to get my teaching degree.
"You will give the people an ideal to strive towards. They will race behind you. They will stumble. They will fall. But in time, they will join you in the sun. In time, you will help them accomplish wonders."
--Jor-El

It's a recession when your neighbor loses his job: it's a depression when you lose yours.
-- Harry S. Truman

#4 RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes

Idealistic Cynic

• Demigod
  • 13,874 posts

Posted 03 September 2016 - 07:45 PM

Ouch.  It never ends. Just when you think you can get a bit ahead.....
Please visit The RJDiogenes Store. Posted Image   And my Gallery. Posted Image And my YouTube Page. Posted Image And read Trunkards. Posted Image  And then there's my Heroes Essays.  Posted Image

#5 Virgil Vox

Virgil Vox
  • 5,375 posts

Posted 06 September 2016 - 08:06 PM

^Tell me about it. It could be worse, though. I have a friend who really can't seem to get ahead. She had to take a lot of summer courses and that sucked her funds dry. She finally got some money saved up and took a vacation only to get sick while on vacation and had to come home early and spend a lot of money at the doctor and then had to stay home for over a week and not work followed by paying for this semester's tuition.
"You will give the people an ideal to strive towards. They will race behind you. They will stumble. They will fall. But in time, they will join you in the sun. In time, you will help them accomplish wonders."
--Jor-El

It's a recession when your neighbor loses his job: it's a depression when you lose yours.
-- Harry S. Truman

#6 RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes

Idealistic Cynic

• Demigod
  • 13,874 posts

Posted 07 September 2016 - 05:38 PM

That is definitely worse.  Some people do have it really bad.  My Brother lost his car and his townhouse because he was out of work for two years-- now he's living with my Mother.  He finally landed a good job a few weeks ago and he's starting to get back on his feet.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users