Dark Matter 2-10, pic 3.jpg

Dark Matter 2-10, pic 4.jpg

Dark Matter 2-10, pic 5.jpg

Dark Matter 2-10, pic 6.jpg

Dark Matter 2-10, pic 7.jpg

Dark Matter 2-10, pic 8.jpg

Dark Matter 2-10, pic 9.jpg

Dark Matter 2-10, pic 11.jpg

Shipboard mayhem sheds light on some of the crew members' dark pasts.

Promotional photos from www.farfarawaysite.com. :)

Edited by Sci-Fi Girl, 02 September 2016 - 05:02 PM.

"A song is like a picture of a bird in flight; the bird was moving before the picture was taken, and no doubt continued after."   - Pete Seeger

Pete Seeger's life was a picture of an idea in flight, and the idea will continue long after.  As long as there are people with goodness and courage in their hearts, the idea will continue forever.

Posted Image   Posted Image

Check out my music threads:

Beautiful Music: Folk, Acoustic, Traditional, and World

A Celebration of Song Lyrics, New and Old: Just the poetry  (to include those with different musical tastes than me)

When Sci Fi Actors Sing

#2 RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes

Idealistic Cynic

• Demigod
  • 14,638 posts

Posted 02 September 2016 - 05:00 PM

Ah, shipboard mayhem.  That will be a nice change of pace.  :lol:
Please visit The RJDiogenes Store. Posted Image   And my Gallery. Posted Image And my YouTube Page. Posted Image And read Trunkards. Posted Image  And then there's my Heroes Essays.  Posted Image

#3 Sci-Fi Girl

Sci-Fi Girl

Help me save Dark Matter!

• Islander
  • 5,071 posts

Posted 02 September 2016 - 05:25 PM

^ :lol:

The pictures are up now.  :cool:  (Killjoys pics might be a little later though.)

SFG

Edited by Sci-Fi Girl, 02 September 2016 - 05:26 PM.

"A song is like a picture of a bird in flight; the bird was moving before the picture was taken, and no doubt continued after."   - Pete Seeger

Pete Seeger's life was a picture of an idea in flight, and the idea will continue long after.  As long as there are people with goodness and courage in their hearts, the idea will continue forever.

Posted Image   Posted Image

Check out my music threads:

Beautiful Music: Folk, Acoustic, Traditional, and World

A Celebration of Song Lyrics, New and Old: Just the poetry  (to include those with different musical tastes than me)

When Sci Fi Actors Sing

#4 RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes

Idealistic Cynic

• Demigod
  • 14,638 posts

Posted 04 September 2016 - 05:03 PM

This was a good episode with a couple of nice twists.  It was the "default" hologram that was corrupted all along.  And some of the crew had some interesting encounters with their subconscious. The best parts certainly went to Three in this one.  He's such a softie.  :lol:  I loved it when he couldn't shoot Android.  And the best part of all was when Two asked if there were any objections to Android re-establishing her neural connection, and nobody said a word.  :)  This is really a nice show.

But we ended with a bit of an ominous note as Four contemplates restoring the memories he needs to save his world-- but will those memories corrupt him so that he will simply conquer it?
Please visit The RJDiogenes Store. Posted Image   And my Gallery. Posted Image And my YouTube Page. Posted Image And read Trunkards. Posted Image  And then there's my Heroes Essays.  Posted Image

#5 FarscapeOne

FarscapeOne
  • Islander
  • 4,048 posts

Posted 05 September 2016 - 09:31 PM

I met the cast this DragonCon... 2, 3, 5, and 6.  I met Zoie Palmer last year.  Still need 1 and 4.

Great people.  Fun to talk to.  Have been looking forward to Roger Cross the most because he was so good in FIRST WAVE that I knew he would have a great career ahead of him.  I was right.  Roger is super funny.  Same with Anthony Lemke... the resident "Loveable Douchebag", as we joked about it.

Edited by FarscapeOne, 05 September 2016 - 09:32 PM.

#6 Cardie

Cardie

I'm a very *good* tailor

• Administrator
  • 22,651 posts

Posted 06 September 2016 - 12:19 AM

Good for you! Dragon*Con has gotten too crowded and spread out for my elderly bones but the actors you get to meet are always great.
Nothing succeeds like excess.

#7 FarscapeOne

FarscapeOne
  • Islander
  • 4,048 posts

Posted 06 September 2016 - 11:36 AM

More crowded each year.  Last year was about 75,000 people.  The same or more this year, I think.  They keep adding buildings.  Starting to think they ned to put a cap amount of DragonCon tickets... this would also help prevent issues with the Fire Marshalls for the rooms.

Edited by FarscapeOne, 06 September 2016 - 11:36 AM.

#8 Virgil Vox

Virgil Vox
  • 5,584 posts

Posted 06 September 2016 - 07:43 PM

That's awesome that you've met most of the cast FarscapeOne. I am extremely jealous. I would love to meet them, especially One. Then again, if I actually ever met an actor in real life I have no idea what I'd say or how to act around them. I'd probably just end up making a fool out of myself. Not to completely de-rail the thread, but did you enjoy DragonCon?

Did anyone else get Andromeda flashbacks with a holographic Android and an actual Android? Reminded me of Rommie, and also a little of season 5 when Rommie went insane and she and new android Doyle duked it our for control of the ship.

I thought this was an okay episode but nothing to write home about. I like the fact that they have more or less resolved the Android arc and her glitchy-ness. I loved that no one said anything about her re-establishing her neural link with the ship. Yes, she made a mistake but they still trust her.

But we ended with a bit of an ominous note as Four contemplates restoring the memories he needs to save his world-- but will those memories corrupt him so that he will simply conquer it?

They corrupted him the first time he got them back so it's likely they will again. However, if he can get them back and retain the memories he has made since the memory wipe that might ameliorate some of his worst aspects and not turn him into the tyrannical despot he seemed to become in the alternate universe.

I'd be more behind this turn of events if the Zairon vs. Pyr war had been built up to more. I honestly couldn't tell you why they're fighting or what Pyr even is. That's one of the major problems with this show: the world building has been fairly poor. It's hard to care about Zairon or the corporations or the G.A. since we know so little about them and what makes them work and how they all relate to each other.
"You will give the people an ideal to strive towards. They will race behind you. They will stumble. They will fall. But in time, they will join you in the sun. In time, you will help them accomplish wonders."
--Jor-El

It's a recession when your neighbor loses his job: it's a depression when you lose yours.
-- Harry S. Truman

#9 FarscapeOne

FarscapeOne
  • Islander
  • 4,048 posts

Posted 06 September 2016 - 08:27 PM

Virgil...

I had a blast at DragonCon, just like every year.  This was my 11th in a row.  (I got the Eternal membership after going the first time.)

The actors are very much like the rest of us.  I have met well over 300 at this point, and the great thing about genre actors is so many of them are pretty down to earth, cool people.  I have met only perhaps 3 that might be classified as douchy or unpleasant.  That's less than 1% odds.

And so many great panels.  And nothing beats being around 70-80,000 fellow fans and geeks.

#10 Cardie

Cardie

I'm a very *good* tailor

• Administrator
  • 22,651 posts

Posted 06 September 2016 - 10:50 PM

DragonCon is the best actor access con I've ever attended. One year Steve Bacic was there and no one was in line to get stuff signed, so I dropped by his table all three days and chatted about Andromeda (after I had paid for a signing, of course.) He was a very nice guy. And dear Max Grodenchik (Rom on DS9) was in a tizzy because I was paying for a photo even though I brought a script cover to be signed instead, insisting he should give me a discount but he had no change--no wonder Rom was a failure as a Ferengi! I told him to donate whatever amount he thought fair to charity at a later date.

#11 FarscapeOne

FarscapeOne
  • Islander
  • 4,048 posts

Posted 06 September 2016 - 11:55 PM

I haven't met Max yet.  He is one of the last people from DS9 for me... Colm Meaney is the last of the main cast.  And I would LOVE to meet Andrew Robinson!

Actually, now that I think about it, I am missing a lot of the DS9 cast... Keiko, Damar, Dukat, Bareil, Eddington, Ross, Female Changeling, Zek, Kasidy, Morn.  And last but certainly not least, Jeffrey Combs, a.k.a. Brunt, Weyoun, and Shran.

Edited by FarscapeOne, 07 September 2016 - 12:00 AM.

#12 Cardie

Cardie

I'm a very *good* tailor

• Administrator
  • 22,651 posts

Posted 08 September 2016 - 11:18 PM

Of the regulars, I'm missing Meaney and Farrell. I have met Andy Robinson several times in different cities--I know you're shocked I'd follow him from con to con--and have also met Dukat, Damar, and Brunt/Weyoun.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Dark Matter, Dark Matter: Season 2

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users