• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#21 gsmonks

gsmonks

Tree Psychiatrist

• Islander
  • 5,022 posts

Posted 25 September 2016 - 07:06 PM

I'm in touch right now with a number of people in the cognitive sciences, and my poser to them is, "Is there some way to trick the brain into not seeing other humans as anything but other animals?"

It's an important question because it would involve tricking the hard-wired aspect of the Human brain to ignore its default settings, and the result would give us some idea of how we might appear to an alien species. Again, it's built in to us to see one another as Human. Switching that off would allow us to see the animal instead of the Human.
Capitalism is a pyramid scheme run by the 1%.

#22 gsmonks

gsmonks

Tree Psychiatrist

• Islander
  • 5,022 posts

Posted 25 September 2016 - 07:07 PM

I'm in touch right now with a number of people in the cognitive sciences, and my poser to them is, "Is there some way to trick the brain into not seeing other humans as anything but other animals?"

It's an important question because it would involve tricking the hard-wired aspect of the Human brain to ignore its default settings, and the result would give us some idea of how we might appear to an alien species. Again, it's built in to us to see one another as Human. Switching that off would allow us to see the animal instead of the Human.

#23 Mooky

Mooky

Self-REbanned

• Islander
  • 8,673 posts

Posted 05 November 2016 - 02:20 AM

Here my 2 cents (Well, not mine, but the guy in the video):

Edited by Mooky, 05 November 2016 - 02:21 AM.

#24 Dex

Dex
  • Just Washed Ashore
  • 38 posts

Posted 14 February 2018 - 11:27 AM

I tend to believe in the rare earth theory.   It takes a lot of variables to align just right to make life that is very durable and reproducing.  We could be the first.  That is also scary.

#25 gsmonks

gsmonks

Tree Psychiatrist

• Islander
  • 5,022 posts

Posted 14 February 2018 - 04:15 PM

View PostDex, on 14 February 2018 - 11:27 AM, said:

I tend to believe in the rare earth theory.   It takes a lot of variables to align just right to make life that is very durable and reproducing.  We could be the first.  That is also scary.

That's just it: we stand at the apex of a pyramid consisting of extremely chance and rare occurrences. Break any one link in a very long chain and no "us".

That said, our own reasoning is part of the problem. For example, there comes a point in almost every young person's life when they "realise" that "I could have been born anything- a plant, a sponge, a mush room . . . what are the odds that I would be born Human?"

However, this question and outlook are both false. Yes, it seems that we are born to make this "realisation", but the odds of us being born as we are are something like 100%. Why? Because the fastest sperm will win the race to the egg every time, we're part of the reproduction process rather than some random creation, so there is 0% chance we could have been born anything else.

It could be that we stand squarely in the way of seeing the truth about ourselves.

#26 D.Rabbit

D.Rabbit

Me and all my shadows.

• Islander
  • 6,130 posts

Posted 15 February 2018 - 02:58 AM

I decided to skip over your videos, I've seen most of them and the one Nova partially sponsored by NASA/Never A Straight Answer, had me kill it when they said our artificial moon was created by an asteroid hitting the planet! BS big time and it has been debunked.

Not that debunking is not debunked and back forth we go where tptb don't want us to know what our scientist have found out.

I'm going to address the possibility of lizard people.
As you know one of the creatures to have survived past the cretaceous period is the crocodile.
You may not know that experiments have been conducted as to their intelligence to a small degree.
Keepers will call them by name to the shore, one at a time at feeding time. Then say water, and the gator will leave the shore so the next may receive their meal.

They are not mindless eating machines.

So this is a scenario that has possibilities and can not be backed up with video links and stone tablets.
It falls into the realms of an hypothesis.

No meteor hit the earth to bring about the demise of the dinosaurs. The layer of black earth from that time is a result of some dumb ass using a bomb that was not tested as to how it would react to the amount of oxygen in the atmosphere/water at the time.
It was a war over mining rights of copper and gold needed for their technology.
When the bomb hit the water it set off a chemical reaction and trashed the atmosphere!

Some creatures did survive by going underground or into underground caverns. Recently ancient crocodile bones have been found by those crazy enough to risk their lives exploring these hard to reach caves.

So in the science of evolution it is not too far off the mark to say that lizards also beat it underground and over time evolved to be the original intelligent beings of this planet. If apes evolved to the point of Neanderthals then why not lizards? Lizards even more so since they started earlier.

Science fact is that humans have both RH - and RH + blood types. The RH+ is directly correlated with the Rhesus monkey, (erroneous or not, academics tend to hold to code until the code maker is no longer there to defend their studies)  but everyone has been scratching their heads as to why, mostly the Royals of Europe, have RH - blood?

We don't know exactly where RH- comes from just that RH + reacts with great distress when combined in blood transfusions.

So lets say the videos of people with RH- blood confessing that they are lizard human hybrids are true?
Sure toss in a chemical compound to neutralize the negative reaction/slice out the objectionable genes?
It can be done, we are talking manipulating molecules and DNA here, and we are getting pretty good at it.

Intelligent lizards that have evolved way past we humans, (that do not even rank as a species but a molecular soup,) are far superior and hide in plain sight through "Ninja" methods, are a possibility?
7 verses I know you're there behind the veil.

#27 gsmonks

gsmonks

Tree Psychiatrist

• Islander
  • 5,022 posts

Posted 15 February 2018 - 02:53 PM

Non-human animals are far more intelligent that we give them credit for, and their problem-solving skills increase over time. All it takes is the "right" combination of events over time to make them rely more and more on intelligence.

I often have my doubts about human intelligence . . .

#28 D.Rabbit

D.Rabbit

Me and all my shadows.

• Islander
  • 6,130 posts

Posted 16 March 2018 - 01:34 AM

Human intelligence?
Not quite an oxymoron but close.
Our brains have been designed by morons IMHO.
Basically I figured they stole the tech and didn't have enough intelligence, due to inbreeding, to reverse engineer it properly.
It worked for them for a while as they designed us to be slaves to do the mining, build their temples and scratch their backs.
Let's not forget brew their beer.

There is something innately wrong about our wiring.
The "gods" needed us to not question and to defend the programming.
I assume that is why the creationist are so stubborn and can't see reason.  

I've been watching a show on the Sumerians that slams academic's every chance they get.
Not the academic's fault, they have been programmed to hold the party line.

There is a new wave of, "prodigies" that did not go to the light after their meat suits failed but retained their memories and chose their parents wisely. Not only can they clear the stage with their musical prowess they enjoy physics as well.

Then there are the Indigo Children. They seem to be not much more than a bunch of stoners atm.
Now I hear of a whole other genre of children being abducted and trained by one of the alien races.
The reports I reviewed did not specify which race was to blame for forcing evolution on our children but it's about time.
7 verses I know you're there behind the veil.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: SETI, aliens

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users