Dark Matter 2-13, pic 4.jpg

Dark Matter 2-13, pic 5.jpg

Dark Matter 2-13, pic 6.jpg

Dark Matter 2-13, pic 7.jpg

Dark Matter 2-13, pic 9.jpg

Dark Matter 2-13, pic 10.jpg

Dark Matter 2-13, pic 11.jpg

Dark Matter 2-13, pic 13.jpg

The crew of the Raza works to prevent the destruction of a space station and prevent a corporate war.

It's the end of the season already!  :o  :crybaby:  

But at least we know that Dark Matter and Killjoy's are both renewed!!!  Yay!!!! :boogie: :boogie:  :boogie: :woohoo:  :woohoo:

SFG

Promotional photos from www.farfarawaysite.com. :)

Edited by Sci-Fi Girl, 16 September 2016 - 05:04 PM.

"A song is like a picture of a bird in flight; the bird was moving before the picture was taken, and no doubt continued after."   - Pete Seeger

Pete Seeger's life was a picture of an idea in flight, and the idea will continue long after.  As long as there are people with goodness and courage in their hearts, the idea will continue forever.

Posted Image   Posted Image

Check out my music threads:

Beautiful Music: Folk, Acoustic, Traditional, and World

A Celebration of Song Lyrics, New and Old: Just the poetry  (to include those with different musical tastes than me)

When Sci Fi Actors Sing

#2 RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes

Idealistic Cynic

• Demigod
  • 13,687 posts

Posted 16 September 2016 - 05:01 PM

I really don't like these short seasons most of the time.
Please visit The RJDiogenes Store. Posted Image   And my Gallery. Posted Image And my YouTube Page. Posted Image And read Trunkards. Posted Image  And then there's my Heroes Essays.  Posted Image

#3 Sci-Fi Girl

Sci-Fi Girl

Help me save Dark Matter!

• Islander
  • 4,969 posts

Posted 16 September 2016 - 05:07 PM

Pics are up!  :D

SFG
"A song is like a picture of a bird in flight; the bird was moving before the picture was taken, and no doubt continued after."   - Pete Seeger

Pete Seeger's life was a picture of an idea in flight, and the idea will continue long after.  As long as there are people with goodness and courage in their hearts, the idea will continue forever.

Posted Image   Posted Image

Check out my music threads:

Beautiful Music: Folk, Acoustic, Traditional, and World

A Celebration of Song Lyrics, New and Old: Just the poetry  (to include those with different musical tastes than me)

When Sci Fi Actors Sing

#4 RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes

Idealistic Cynic

• Demigod
  • 13,687 posts

Posted 16 September 2016 - 05:10 PM

Is that an undercover Five or some kind of Evil Twin?  :unsure:
Please visit The RJDiogenes Store. Posted Image   And my Gallery. Posted Image And my YouTube Page. Posted Image And read Trunkards. Posted Image  And then there's my Heroes Essays.  Posted Image

#5 FarscapeOne

FarscapeOne
  • Islander
  • 3,887 posts

Posted 16 September 2016 - 06:24 PM

Or a DARK CRYSTAL crossover...

#6 Niko

Niko
  • Watchdog
  • 2,315 posts

Posted 18 September 2016 - 03:17 PM

Well, that was a doozy of a cliffhanger.  It'd be pretty cool if they took a page out of John Burke's A Final Darkness and opened next season with everyone scattered and thinking most of the others are dead.  :)

Ryo's officially irredeemable after this.  Full-on intentional mass murder just to help your personal political situation is several dozen steps too far.

Were we supposed to recognize whoever it was helping Three at the end?  The fuzzy image looked like the Ferrous guy to me, so I was confused as to whether it was supposed to be him coming back for some reason, or someone brand new.
- Whatsoever you do to the least of my people, that you do unto me.    (Matthew 25:40)

- Do not let kindness and truth leave you; Bind them around your neck, Write them on the tablet of your heart.  (Proverbs 3:3)

#7 Virgil Vox

Virgil Vox
  • 5,312 posts

Posted 18 September 2016 - 08:13 PM

That was a pretty good finale. It beats the season 1 finale, which had the crew basically just wandering the halls of the Raza and accusing each other of being the traitor.

They definitely left a lot of the characters in dire straits, huh? I wonder if Nyx is really dead? I wouldn't put it past them considering they killed One and Devon.

Five's relationship with the android (forgot his name) was sweet and I was sad to see him jettison himself from the station and get blown up. I guess now we know how the station was destroyed in the alternate universe. With Five dead there was no one there to convince the android not to follow through with his orders.

Five definitely looked older in her businesswoman disguise.

I was not expecting Kierken to die like that. He seemed like he would be an on-going threat to the crew, or maybe even a potential ally down the road. I have to admit, Dark Matter certainly went kill crazy this season.

Ryo's officially irredeemable after this.  Full-on intentional mass murder just to help your personal political situation is several dozen steps too far.

Oh, I agree. Even if most of the people make it off the station he's gone too far. The other Raza crew members won't forgive him for blowing up the station and probably causing a corporate war that they were trying so hard to stop. Plus he stole the Blink Drive and Misaki did (maybe) kill Nyx.

While it sucks that the crew lost the Blink Drive to Ryo, it's probably a good thing because it gave the crew way too much of an edge on everyone else in the galaxy. Of course, I doubt they'll let Ryo get away with keeping it so they might wind up with it again.

I am curious whether the show will try to keep Ryo around on a permanent basis or if he will just become a recurring character. After losing One, Devon, and now possibly Nyx the crew has been reduced quite a bit.

Two's promise to let Three pick a place to rob after they saved the galaxy was pretty funny.

Were we supposed to recognize whoever it was helping Three at the end?  The fuzzy image looked like the Ferrous guy to me, so I was confused as to whether it was supposed to be him coming back for some reason, or someone brand new.

You know, I'm not sure. At first I too thought it was the Ferrous guy but that doesn't make a lot of sense. He has no reason to come back since he believed the station would be destroyed. I didn't recognize the person so he could be a new character but maybe someone else will.

I really don't like these short seasons most of the time.

I don't mind them and sometimes they actually work in a show's favor. With this season, though, additional episodes probably would have helped. Well, that or a tighter focus. This season felt a little lost, with the show just kind of meandering all over the place. What was the point of introducing a conspiracy to kill One's wife and then kill off One if it's never going to be brought up again? Why kill off Devon? Why build up the Seers and then do basically nothing with them?

I felt like there should have been more done with the corporations and the Ishida war. Those became the most important arcs at the end but so little build up was done that they didn't have the impact that they should have.

Season 2 felt like it was a setting the stage season. The writers introduced a lot of new concepts and changes that will impact the series as a whole, but didn't do much here. I know the writers have said that they have the entire series mapped out and that's great but they need to make the individual episodes more engaging and work on their world-building.

I had a desire to re-watch Stargate: Atlantis after watching Torri Higginson in this episode.
"You will give the people an ideal to strive towards. They will race behind you. They will stumble. They will fall. But in time, they will join you in the sun. In time, you will help them accomplish wonders."
--Jor-El

It's a recession when your neighbor loses his job: it's a depression when you lose yours.
-- Harry S. Truman

#8 RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes

Idealistic Cynic

• Demigod
  • 13,687 posts

Posted 19 September 2016 - 07:00 PM

Wow, what a cliffhanger-- or bunch of cliffhangers-- that was.

I was surprised that Inspector Dyson got incinerated.  It seemed like he was on the verge of figuring out that Two was telling the truth.

It was an interesting little twist that there were essentially two bombs on the station.  The poor android sacrificed himself, but the station is destroyed anyway.  Possibly with everyone on it.  Three was in rough shape after being beaten to within an inch of his life and Two got caught in an explosion (and I must say that she was pretty sexy in her business woman disguise :D).  Five was being dragged off by whatsername, but she and Six appear to be no better off than any of the others. And Nyx is poisoned, with Android apparently helpless.  The only one not in mortal danger is Four, and he's gone to the dark side.  It's going to be a long wait for season three.

View PostNiko, on 18 September 2016 - 03:17 PM, said:

It beats me who that was. Somebody new, I think.

View PostVirgil Vox, on 18 September 2016 - 08:13 PM, said:

They definitely left a lot of the characters in dire straits, huh? I wonder if Nyx is really dead? I wouldn't put it past them considering they killed One and Devon.  
I hope not. I don't want this to turn into a show that just randomly kills people off to prove that they can.

I don't mind them and sometimes they actually work in a show's favor. With this season, though, additional episodes probably would have helped. Well, that or a tighter focus. This season felt a little lost, with the show just kind of meandering all over the place. What was the point of introducing a conspiracy to kill One's wife and then kill off One if it's never going to be brought up again? Why kill off Devon? Why build up the Seers and then do basically nothing with them?  
Exactly.  It seemed like the season was just getting started and then suddenly it's over.

I had a desire to re-watch Stargate: Atlantis after watching Torri Higginson in this episode.  
Ah, that's why she was so familiar!  :lol:

#9 FarscapeOne

FarscapeOne
  • Islander
  • 3,887 posts

Posted 19 September 2016 - 07:52 PM

Yes, Two was sexy in that outfit.  The actress is sexy in person, too.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Dark Matter, Dark Matter: Season 2

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users