Arrow DC CW

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Virgil Vox

Virgil Vox
  • 5,626 posts

Posted 05 October 2016 - 10:01 AM

Posted Image

NEW BEGINNINGS - After Laurel's (Katie Cassidy) death and the departures of both Diggle (David Ramsey) and Thea (Willa Holland) from Team Arrow, Oliver (Stephen Amell) takes to the streets solo to protect Star City's citizens as the Green Arrow. With Felicity (Emily Bett Rickards) guiding him from the bunker, Oliver is forced to deal with a city that has become overrun with both criminals and a slew of new (and painfully inexperienced) vigilantes. Watching Oliver try to balance his jobs as both the mayor and also the protector of Star City, Felicity suggests he form a new team, but Oliver resists. However, when a deadly new criminal, Tobias Church (guest star Chad L. Coleman), enters the picture, Oliver realizes the best thing for the city might be a new team of superheroes. Meanwhile, the flashbacks take us to Russia where Oliver faces off against the Bratva.

I'm really hoping this season will turn things around for Arrow. I feel like the show has been declining since the middle of season 3. I actually gave up on the show last season, but have decided to give it another chance (at least up until the four part cross-over event).

"You will give the people an ideal to strive towards. They will race behind you. They will stumble. They will fall. But in time, they will join you in the sun. In time, you will help them accomplish wonders."
--Jor-El

It's a recession when your neighbor loses his job: it's a depression when you lose yours.
-- Harry S. Truman

#2 kcsue

kcsue

Chocolate Fiend

• Islander
  • 5,792 posts

Posted 05 October 2016 - 02:19 PM

Four part cross-over event?
As long as I have Coffee and Chocolate, the world is safe!

Tyr: Don't forget to hee-haw

#3 Virgil Vox

Virgil Vox
  • 5,626 posts

Posted 08 October 2016 - 09:08 AM

This was a brutal episode. Oliver has given up on his no killing rule and goes to town this episode. I was surprised when he shot Wild Dog in the leg. I'm guessing part of this season will be Oliver trying to balance his feeling that he needs to kill in order to protect those he love and his desire to set a better example for his new team and for the city.

You know, given the fact that Oliver has been trying to clean up the city for almost five years now, he really hasn't made a dent in making the city better. There's still a ton of crime in the city and a corrupt police force. I'm hoping this season we'll see him make an actual dent since he's the mayor and starting a task force with cops he knows he can trust.

I can't say I'm sad to see Felicity with someone else. While I was an early proponent of Olicity, the pairing in actuality hurt the show. I mean, when Felicity cared more about saving Oliver at the end of season 3 than saving the entire city from the biological weapons. The relationship really did hurt both characters. They're better as teammates like in this episode, with Felicity trying to get Oliver to listen to reason and start recruiting a new team.

Both new villains seem cool, though who knows how long either will stick around. What I like about Church is that he's just a regular criminal trying to expand his enterprise. He doesn't want to destroy Star City in some terrorist attack or cleanse it from the Earth like the previous four big bads. The other new villain, Prometheus, looks awesome. He's basically an evil archer like Merlyn was. If he's anything at all like his comic book counter part he will also be a master strategist.

I like the reason Thea gave for not wanting to suit back up. It's more than just wanting to live a normal life. She can't face the death and bloodshed anymore. She proved herself a hero though when she did put the outfit back on to rescue Oliver and the other hostages from Church.

Diggle joined the army again. Didn't see that one coming. Obviously he has to come back to Star City eventually, it's just a matter of when.

Laurel wanted Oliver to make sure she wasn't the last Canary. Not exactly a dying wish he's granted yet. I wonder if we will see a new Canary this season?

Four part cross-over event?

Supergirl, The Flash, Arrow, and Legends of Tomorrow are all going to cross-over with each other, much like The Flash and Arrow did last year. It's definitely going to be an ambitious event. Later on, Supergirl and The Flash will have a two part musical cross-over.
"You will give the people an ideal to strive towards. They will race behind you. They will stumble. They will fall. But in time, they will join you in the sun. In time, you will help them accomplish wonders."
--Jor-El

It's a recession when your neighbor loses his job: it's a depression when you lose yours.
-- Harry S. Truman

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Arrow, DC, CW

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users