Getting an "Insecure Connection" warning for Exisle? No worry

Details in this thread

Agents of SHIELD: S4E03 - Uprising

Agents of SHIELD Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. Marvels Agents of SHIELD Marvel TV Marvel TV.

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 G-man

G-man

Is there a problem?

• 8,664 posts

Posted 07 October 2016 - 07:43 AM

I'm just trying to get a jump on things prior to the upcoming holiday weekend.

Coulson, Mack and Fitz try to locate and neutralize a rogue group looking to stop Inhuman registration worldwide; Simmons and Dr. Radcliffe have only a short time to save May before she succumbs to her illness.

:blink: :blink: By illness, I'm guessing they're referring to the freak-out/mental breakdown as a result of that brush with the "ghost".

Then there's this that is going on:

Things are heating up.  So remember to tune in, True Believers, to ABC, Tuesday, October 11, at 10pm Eastern, 9pm Central.

/s/

Gloriosus
the G-man Hmself
Let me strive every moment of my life to make myself better and better, to the best of my ability, so that all may profit by it.
Let me think of the right and lend my assistance to all who may need it, with no regard for anything but justice.
Let me take what comes with a smile, without loss of courage.
Let me be considerate of my country, of my fellow citizens, and my associates in everything I say and do.
Let me do right to all, and wrong no man.
-- Doc Savage

Few people want to be moderated, most people see the need for everyone else to be moderated. -- Orpheus

#2 G-man

G-man

Is there a problem?

• 8,664 posts

Posted 07 October 2016 - 12:28 PM

Ahhh ... yeah, they're following up on them shipping her out at the end of the last episode:

I am definitely looking forward to this ... I hope I can get home in time to catch it.

/s/

Gloriosus
the G-man Himself
Let me strive every moment of my life to make myself better and better, to the best of my ability, so that all may profit by it.
Let me think of the right and lend my assistance to all who may need it, with no regard for anything but justice.
Let me be considerate of my country, of my fellow citizens, and my associates in everything I say and do.
-- Doc Savage

Few people want to be moderated, most people see the need for everyone else to be moderated. -- Orpheus

#3 RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes

Idealistic Cynic

• Demigod
  • 14,343 posts

Posted 07 October 2016 - 05:39 PM

Yup, May has the ghost flu.  :(

I think I see Yo Yo in those previews, too.  Looks like she'll be around a lot this year.
Please visit The RJDiogenes Store. Posted Image   And my Gallery. Posted Image And my YouTube Page. Posted Image And read Trunkards. Posted Image  And then there's my Heroes Essays.  Posted Image

#4 G-man

G-man

Is there a problem?

• 8,664 posts

Posted 11 October 2016 - 09:53 AM

Yep, I too saw Yo-Yo.

Alas, I'm going to be seeing a limited screening of Shin Godzilla (the latest Godzilla film from Japan, in limited release) tonight, and doubt I'll manage it catch this episode as it airs, so my reaction to the episode this week will be delayed until I can see it :(

/s/

Gloriosus
the G-man Himself
-- Doc Savage

#5 RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes

Idealistic Cynic

• Demigod
  • 14,343 posts

Posted 11 October 2016 - 05:23 PM

I'll hold off on Spoilers.  Enjoy Shin Godzilla. It seems like there hasn't been a Japanese Godzilla movie in a long while.
Please visit The RJDiogenes Store. Posted Image   And my Gallery. Posted Image And my YouTube Page. Posted Image And read Trunkards. Posted Image  And then there's my Heroes Essays.  Posted Image

#6 G-man

G-man

Is there a problem?

• 8,664 posts

Posted 12 October 2016 - 07:37 AM

Yeah, Godzilla: Final Was came out in 2004, some 12 years ago.

But Shin Godzilla is a very different film from what one would expect, with a very different tone.  The premise being, that this is the first time that Godzilla has ever appeared.  Therefore, very much like an American Giant Monster film, its action centers around defining and trying to solve Godzilla, the difference being that we're getting something that might best be described as the "West Wing" meets Godzilla.

It's a good film, go see it if you can.

/s/

Gloriosus
the G-man Himself
-- Doc Savage

#7 G-man

G-man

Is there a problem?

• 8,664 posts

Posted 12 October 2016 - 10:51 AM

OK, I missed the first 15 minutes, but did manage to catch the rest of the program.

All I have to say is "what a bunch of ingrates."  Between Yo-yo's friend, and Gabe, both of whom are supposed to be decent people, their reactions to those who saved their lives is ... lamentable.  I mean seriously, talk about your ingratitude. OTOH, the reason why that talking head was so anti-Inhuman, OK, it's a bit of an over-reaction, but it is understandable.

Loved Fritz' reaction to his teammates lack of comprehension of rudimentary science ... albeit, I still think they were too close together to actually be able to triangulate anything.  But, given the scenario, the writers did kind of write themselves into a corner.

Loved the solution to May's Ghost Fever.

/s/

Gloriosus
the G-man Himself
-- Doc Savage

#8 Cybersnark

Cybersnark

NERV wants YOU!

• Islander
  • 2,585 posts

Posted 12 October 2016 - 11:57 AM

Gabe I can kinda understand, since he's so far out of the loop (all he knows is there's a dangerous person hanging around his brother), but Yo-Yo's racist friend, yeah. Good riddance to her.
"Hilarity ensues." --Seamus Harper

#9 RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes

Idealistic Cynic

• Demigod
  • 14,343 posts

Posted 12 October 2016 - 05:33 PM

I haven't even had a chance to watch yet.

View PostG-man, on 12 October 2016 - 07:37 AM, said:

It's a good film, go see it if you can.  
I'll catch it when it comes to On Demand or Amazon Prime. I like a good Godzilla movie. Although I don't care for reboots.

#10 G-man

G-man

Is there a problem?

• 8,664 posts

Posted 14 October 2016 - 08:28 AM

^^^ Fair enough.

Although, Godzilla tended to be reimagined throughout it's original run, and the Heisei Godzilla's (of the 1980's) could be considered a reboot, as they ignored most of the original run, only acknowledging the original movie, and went off in their own direction; then finally the Millennial Godzilla pictures were almost all one-shots that, again only acknowledged the original film and ignored the previous runs, which allowed the directors the freedom to reinterpret Godzilla however they so chose.  So, I feel that Shin Godzilla is very much in keeping with that tradition of Godzilla films, albeit, taking it a step further by postulating that this is the first appearance ever.

It certainly makes or a nice counter-point to the recent American film.

Anyhow ...

I did catch the first 15 minutes of the show and ... Yoyo really needs to find better friends, ones that will actually listen to her when she's giving tem good advice.

/s/

Gloriosus
the G-man Himself

Edited by G-man, 14 October 2016 - 08:31 AM.

-- Doc Savage

#11 RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes

Idealistic Cynic

• Demigod
  • 14,343 posts

Posted 14 October 2016 - 05:46 PM

Well, that terrigen statue was a nice twist ending.   :lol:

They're really making good use of the Inhumans as a metaphor for the hate mongering that goes on in the world today, especially in the United States.  While the Inhumans themselves are a poor metaphor for real-life minorities, since they do present a legitimate danger, by presenting it as a Humans versus Inhumans conflict, and making it a point to include all demographics in the anti-Inhuman crusade, they emphasize the nature of the problem without exacerbating the conflict between ethnic groups (or genders) as is currently the norm in the current political climate. And by making the hate group a bunch of Humans posing as Inhumans, they parallel the increasing use of sock puppets to manufacture artificial conflict.  Very nicely done, but, of course, will the people who most need to get the message actually get the message?

Fitz really got to shine in this episode.  Not only did he save the day with rudimentary science, but his teasing of Mack about Yo Yo cracked me up.  :lol:  I'm so happy that they've brought back the Fitz and Mack friendship.  And it's also nice to see Yo Yo playing a bigger part.  Her relationship, or maybe non-relationship as she might say, with Mack is fascinating to watch.  It's unfortunate that her friends are so bigoted, but this also serves to illustrate that this is a universal problem.  Maybe this will mean she will be spending more time with SHIELD.

The Mad Scientist guy is hilarious (I'll remember his name eventually) and he and Simmons make a great team.  I wonder if May will experience any after effects from her experience.  That seemed way too easy.

View PostG-man, on 14 October 2016 - 08:28 AM, said:

Although, Godzilla tended to be reimagined throughout it's original run, and the Heisei Godzilla's (of the 1980's) could be considered a reboot, as they ignored most of the original run, only acknowledging the original movie, and went off in their own direction; then finally the Millennial Godzilla pictures were almost all one-shots that, again only acknowledged the original film and ignored the previous runs, which allowed the directors the freedom to reinterpret Godzilla however they so chose.  So, I feel that Shin Godzilla is very much in keeping with that tradition of Godzilla films, albeit, taking it a step further by postulating that this is the first appearance ever.  
That's a good point.  There was never really a consistent continuity, and the later movies in the original series are a far cry from the original in terms of tone and content.

#12 FarscapeOne

FarscapeOne
  • Islander
  • 4,041 posts

Posted 14 October 2016 - 06:01 PM

The actor's name is John Hannah.  He plays Dr. Radcliffe.

#13 FarscapeOne

FarscapeOne
  • Islander
  • 4,041 posts

Posted 14 October 2016 - 06:02 PM

And Aida is played by Mallory Jensen, who was on GALAVANT.

#14 RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes

Idealistic Cynic

• Demigod
  • 14,343 posts

Posted 16 October 2016 - 04:48 PM

Oh, that's right.  No wonder she is familiar.  Now if only Princess Isabella would show up (she is going to be on Once Upon A Time, I've heard).

#15 Cardie

Cardie

I'm a very *good* tailor

• Administrator
  • 22,651 posts

Posted 16 October 2016 - 10:24 PM

She was this week. And Galavant/Joshua Sasse is the lead in the new CW show No Tomorrow.
Nothing succeeds like excess.

#16 Sci-Fi Girl

Sci-Fi Girl

Help me save Dark Matter!

• Islander
  • 5,043 posts

Posted 16 October 2016 - 11:08 PM

And Tad Cooper is in a Capri Sun ad!!!  They're everywhere!!  :lol:

https://www.ispot.tv...-organic-iguana

:howling:

SFG

Edited by Sci-Fi Girl, 17 October 2016 - 08:42 AM.

"A song is like a picture of a bird in flight; the bird was moving before the picture was taken, and no doubt continued after."   - Pete Seeger

Pete Seeger's life was a picture of an idea in flight, and the idea will continue long after.  As long as there are people with goodness and courage in their hearts, the idea will continue forever.

Posted Image   Posted Image

Check out my music threads:

Beautiful Music: Folk, Acoustic, Traditional, and World

A Celebration of Song Lyrics, New and Old: Just the poetry  (to include those with different musical tastes than me)

When Sci Fi Actors Sing

#17 RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes

Idealistic Cynic

• Demigod
  • 14,343 posts

Posted 17 October 2016 - 05:50 PM

Tad Cooper is going places.  :cool:

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Agents of SHIELD, Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D., Marvels Agents of SHIELD, Marvel TV, Marvel TV.

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users