Legends of Tomorrow 2-1, pic 3.jpg

Legends of Tomorrow 2-1, pic 4.jpg

Legends of Tomorrow 2-1, pic 5.jpg

Legends of Tomorrow 2-1, pic 6.jpg

Legends of Tomorrow 2-1, pic 7.jpg

Legends of Tomorrow 2-1, pic 8.jpg

Legends of Tomorrow 2-1, pic 9.jpg

Legends of Tomorrow 2-1, pic 10.jpg

Season 2 begins with Dr. Nate Heywood, an unconventional historian, making a shocking discovery. Nate then seeks out Oliver Queen for help to find the scattered Legends. Once reunited, they try to protect Albert Einstein from being kidnapped before the Nazis destroy New York City with a nuclear bomb. Meanwhile, Ray notices that Sara has a mission of her own, which leads them both to face her nemesis, Damien Darhk.

Promotional photo from www.farfarawaysite.com. :)
"A song is like a picture of a bird in flight; the bird was moving before the picture was taken, and no doubt continued after."   - Pete Seeger

Pete Seeger's life was a picture of an idea in flight, and the idea will continue long after.  As long as there are people with goodness and courage in their hearts, the idea will continue forever.

Posted Image   Posted Image

Check out my music threads:

Beautiful Music: Folk, Acoustic, Traditional, and World

A Celebration of Song Lyrics, New and Old: Just the poetry  (to include those with different musical tastes than me)

When Sci Fi Actors Sing

#2 Virgil Vox

Virgil Vox
  • 5,293 posts

Posted 14 October 2016 - 10:32 AM

That was a strong premiere episode. It set things up quite nicely.

Okay, Rip better not be gone for good. He's an integral part of the show. Yes, the Legends can operate without him but they need him to make them an effective team and to keep them on point. Who will become the leader now?

Rip looked a lot like James Bond in the scene where he shoots the Nazi spies and then grabs a drink. Very suave of him.

Damien Darkh and Reverse-Flash are the villains apparently. I'm fine with that but I hope they add at least one new villain to their little team. Also, I hope they explain how RF is still around. I'm guessing Flashpoint made it where, even if Eddie died, the RF was still alive.

I like the new mission of protecting time. It works better than just following Savage around and trying, and failing, to stop him. This should allow them to do a few more stand-alone episodes because it won't always be Darkh and RF causing havoc. I'm sure with the Time Masters gone a lot of people are looking to screw with history.

It makes sense Sara would want to kill Darkh so he can't kill Laurel. We all knew that wouldn't work but she had to try. I liked her fight with Ray. It made sense for both characters. Ray and Sara are pretty far apart when it comes to personality. Ray is, more or less, a boy scout while Sara is still an assassin at heart.

Okay, Sara is just making her way through history one woman at a time. Romancing the Queen of France plus several women in Salem.

I was disappointed that Firestorm didn't use his newly acquired transfiguration power this episode. It was still just fireballs everywhere.

Poor Dr. Stein. That's why they say never to meet your heroes.

This show usually ends up giving me a time travel headache. So the heroes fail to stop the Nazis from making a bomb, block it from hitting New York, and then time travel to the past again to make sure that the Nazis can't use either Einstein to make a bomb yet the Nazis still tried to detonate a bomb even though they didn't have either Einstein thanks to the Legends. I just... *sigh*

The time shifts were cool. I think Ray wins though, being sent back to fight dinosaurs. Stein and Jax being court magicians was pretty funny though.

I was expecting Heywood to already be a superhero in this episode. I thought he would be part of the Justice Society. I guess he could still be and just hasn't revealed that to the other Legends yet.

Loved the Justice Society showing up at the end. I like that they're getting showcased again after their brief stint on Smallville. I knew they were showing up but I figured it might not be until next episode. I grinned like an idiot when they appeared at the end of the episode.

Overall this was a fun episode. I'm hoping that without the need to hunt down a single villain like Savage the show can breathe a little better and work out some of the kinks from the first season.
"You will give the people an ideal to strive towards. They will race behind you. They will stumble. They will fall. But in time, they will join you in the sun. In time, you will help them accomplish wonders."
--Jor-El

It's a recession when your neighbor loses his job: it's a depression when you lose yours.
-- Harry S. Truman

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: DCs Legends of Tomorrow, DCs Legends of Tomorrow: Sea

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users