Legends of Tomorrow 2-2, pic 2.jpg

Legends of Tomorrow 2-2, pic 3.jpg

Legends of Tomorrow 2-2, pic 6.jpg

Legends of Tomorrow 2-2, pic 7.jpg

Legends of Tomorrow 2-2, pic 8.jpg

Legends of Tomorrow 2-2, pic 9.jpg

Legends of Tomorrow 2-2, pic 11.jpg

Legends of Tomorrow 2-2, pic 13.jpg

The Legends travel to Nazi-occupied Paris and are surrounded by the Justice Society of America. They discover a time aberration that threatens the JSA, but the JSA doesn't want their help. Meanwhile, Nate tries to prove he should be part of the team.

Promotional photo from www.farfarawaysite.com. :)

Edited by Sci-Fi Girl, 21 October 2016 - 06:24 PM.

"A song is like a picture of a bird in flight; the bird was moving before the picture was taken, and no doubt continued after."   - Pete Seeger

Pete Seeger's life was a picture of an idea in flight, and the idea will continue long after.  As long as there are people with goodness and courage in their hearts, the idea will continue forever.

Posted Image   Posted Image

Check out my music threads:

Beautiful Music: Folk, Acoustic, Traditional, and World

A Celebration of Song Lyrics, New and Old: Just the poetry  (to include those with different musical tastes than me)

When Sci Fi Actors Sing

#2 Lord of the Sword

Lord of the Sword
  • Islander
  • 15,681 posts

Posted 20 October 2016 - 09:20 PM

Maybe it's just me, maybe I've become too cynical. But I really can't stand it when the show has characters acting stupidly.

Having Jax go into the nightclub in Nazi occupied Paris, in 1942...I'm surprised they let him in the club to be honest. That was sheer stupidity. I could accept Ray forgetting to salute, but when called on...the quickest, easiest way out would've been to just do the damn salute. But no, instead he starts a brawl.

Rex Tyler's sexist attitude was showing loud and clear here.

So why wouldn't the reverse flash just zip to where the Nazi's were holding that amulet he wanted? It's not like they would've even seen him?

And Steel's grandson...A bomb dropped from a plane kills the monster chasing you, you know more bombs are coming, yet he decides right then and there is a good place to stop and gloat...Dumba$$.

Although, seeing the JSA kick the Legends a$$ was cool. And I get that they are using a different actress for Vixen...but why a different Amulet as well?
"Sometimes you get the point of the sword, sometimes the edge, sometimes the flat of the blade (even if you're the Lord of the Sword) and sometimes you're the guy wielding it. But any day without the Sword or its Lord is one that could've been better  " ~Orpheus.

The Left is inclusive, and tolerant, unless you happen to think and believe different than they do~ Lord of the Sword

Looks like the Liberal Elite of Exisle have finally managed to silence the last remaining Conservative voice on the board.

“The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots & tyrants. It is it’s natural manure.” ~Thomas Jefferson

#3 Niko

Niko
  • Watchdog
  • 2,292 posts

Posted 21 October 2016 - 08:42 AM

I watched both eps. 1 & 2 last night.   I'm pleased to see the actor playing Nate got a new job so soon after "Minority Report" last season.  :)   His character was the only thing I liked about that show.   I don't mind Rip being gone (for a while, at least) but the whole "who will be our leader" thing here with Stein looking like a fool, was really clunky.

I'm not really keen on the Reverse Flash being the villain in this.  I know the series are all in the same world, but the styles of time travel feel really clashy.  There's only so many approaches to time travel logic I can keep in my head at one time, and this season is pushing that boundary enough already, without putting what feels like two different styles in the same show.   Someone walk me through this.  Rex showed up to warn the Legends at the end of last season (do we even know how he managed that after the Legends left, given the JSA's lack of time travelly powers?), but then the Reverse Flash kills him... which doesn't UNDO his trip back, but just cuts him off mid-stream?  Did I understand that right?
- Whatsoever you do to the least of my people, that you do unto me.    (Matthew 25:40)

- Do not let kindness and truth leave you; Bind them around your neck, Write them on the tablet of your heart.  (Proverbs 3:3)

#4 Lord of the Sword

Lord of the Sword
  • Islander
  • 15,681 posts

Posted 21 October 2016 - 03:15 PM

View PostNiko, on 21 October 2016 - 08:42 AM, said:

I'm not really keen on the Reverse Flash being the villain in this.  I know the series are all in the same world, but the styles of time travel feel really clashy.  There's only so many approaches to time travel logic I can keep in my head at one time, and this season is pushing that boundary enough already, without putting what feels like two different styles in the same show.   Someone walk me through this.  Rex showed up to warn the Legends at the end of last season (do we even know how he managed that after the Legends left, given the JSA's lack of time travelly powers?), but then the Reverse Flash kills him... which doesn't UNDO his trip back, but just cuts him off mid-stream?  Did I understand that right?

That's essentially what they are going with. I would seriously recommend not thinking logically about it, if at all possible. I tried to give up logical thinking when on the Flash, Eddie who was a ancestor to the reverse Flash, kills himself to stop the Reverse Flash...essentially erasing reverse flash from existence...and YET, somehow erasing the reverse flash didn't stop Barry's mom from being killed....

As for the Reverse Flash being a villain on this show. I'm concerned about it as well, but for a different reason. The Reverse Flash is easily more powerful then the entire team of Legends combined. He could literally pull a zoom, snap all of their necks before they even realize it. And there, right now at least, is no speedster on either the JSA or Legends to stop it from happening.
"Sometimes you get the point of the sword, sometimes the edge, sometimes the flat of the blade (even if you're the Lord of the Sword) and sometimes you're the guy wielding it. But any day without the Sword or its Lord is one that could've been better  " ~Orpheus.

The Left is inclusive, and tolerant, unless you happen to think and believe different than they do~ Lord of the Sword

Looks like the Liberal Elite of Exisle have finally managed to silence the last remaining Conservative voice on the board.

“The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots & tyrants. It is it’s natural manure.” ~Thomas Jefferson

#5 Virgil Vox

Virgil Vox
  • 5,226 posts

Posted 22 October 2016 - 09:05 PM

I liked the episode, though as you two pointed out there were problems with it.

The JSA wiping the floor with the Legends was pretty funny. Rip recruited the Legends not because they were a good team but because they were expendable to the timeline. With Rip gone they don't really have anyone who can corral their worst impulses.

We saw that Martin wasn't an effective team leader though I think the episode dialed up his faults too much just to prove that point. Still, Sara does make a better leader as long as she keeps her desire for revenge in check.

I don't think Obsidian uttered a single word in the episode, which sucks because I've always liked Obsidian. Heck, Steel, Rex, and Vixen were really the only members to get any spotlight in the episode.

Krieger was not pulled off well. He looked like a Hulk reject and was a lame attempt to pull off Captain Nazi.

I really didn't like how Vixen said Ray wasn't a superhero because he relied on a suit. While she was a trained fighter, she mainly relied on her amulet in battle so she's not that different from him. It just made her look like a terrible person.

Steel's relationship with Nate was well done. He had a good reason for keeping his distance from his grandson and had a good heart to heart with him.

Did anyone else think that Ray would use the serum and get size changing powers from it? I really thought that's the direction the show was headed. I was hoping, just so we could get rid of the Iron Man-lite suit and get a more classic looking Atom suit on the show.

Having Jax go into the nightclub in Nazi occupied Paris, in 1942...I'm surprised they let him in the club to be honest. That was sheer stupidity. I could accept Ray forgetting to salute, but when called on...the quickest, easiest way out would've been to just do the damn salute. But no, instead he starts a brawl.

Yeah, it was dumb to have Jax in the night club, but if we're being honest there's not a lot of eras in history that Jax as a black man would be accepted without some kind of racist attitude being directed towards him. If the show kept him locked up in the ship every time they visited a time and/or place with overt racism Jax would never get to leave the ship. I'd rather them just acknowledge every now and then but otherwise just have him go with the team.

And Steel's grandson...A bomb dropped from a plane kills the monster chasing you, you know more bombs are coming, yet he decides right then and there is a good place to stop and gloat...Dumba$$.

Completely agree. That was a very dumb decision on his part.

I'm with you both on Reverse Flash and the problems he represents, like why is he still alive and how an Rex Tyler send a message into the future and be killed during the message and yet now be killed in 1942 by RF and yet somehow still send the message?

Did I understand that right?

As far as I can tell, yes you understood that right. That's how I saw it as well. They really better address this somewhere down the road.

Then there's the fact that The Flash and Legends of Tomorrow have different takes on time travel. Flash changes history to save his mother, and then puts it back exactly the way it was and it creates tons of changes, including really random ones like Diggle having a son instead of a daughter. The Legends screw with history all the time and yet no giant ripples or changes are really made.

I watched both eps. 1 & 2 last night.   I'm pleased to see the actor playing Nate got a new job so soon after "Minority Report" last season.  :)   His character was the only thing I liked about that show.   I don't mind Rip being gone (for a while, at least) but the whole "who will be our leader" thing here with Stein looking like a fool, was really clunky.

I'm really hoping Rip won't be gone for long, either. I wonder why they made the decision to not feature him as a main character this season. Was it down purely from a story telling perspective or did Arthur Darvill leave the show?
"You will give the people an ideal to strive towards. They will race behind you. They will stumble. They will fall. But in time, they will join you in the sun. In time, you will help them accomplish wonders."
--Jor-El

It's a recession when your neighbor loses his job: it's a depression when you lose yours.
-- Harry S. Truman

#6 Lord of the Sword

Lord of the Sword
  • Islander
  • 15,681 posts

Posted 23 October 2016 - 12:07 AM

View PostVirgil Vox, on 22 October 2016 - 09:05 PM, said:

Then there's the fact that The Flash and Legends of Tomorrow have different takes on time travel. Flash changes history to save his mother, and then puts it back exactly the way it was and it creates tons of changes, including really random ones like Diggle having a son instead of a daughter. The Legends screw with history all the time and yet no giant ripples or changes are really made.

The Flashpoint Paradox, animated movie, explained the changes better. In it, Reverse Flash tells Barry: "You break the sound barrier, sonic boom. You break the time barrier, Time boom. Ripples from that point go outwards, altering things slightly...just enough for things to turn out differently." Now why there is no "time boom" with the Waverider, I don't know.

Also, Barry wasn't the one that restored the Timeline, it was Reverse Flash that did it...Perhaps that makes the difference, I don't know. My brain still hurts trying to figure out How if the Reverse Flash was erased from existence at the end of Season 1, then how the hell he is even around is beyond me. I know Stein tried to explain it, but it made no sense. Because the Reverse Flash shouldn't even have been born to....LOL, Like I said, trying not to think logically about it over here. LOL.

#7 sierraleone

sierraleone

All things Great and Mischievous

• Islander
  • 9,214 posts

Posted 23 October 2016 - 05:01 PM

View PostVirgil Vox, on 22 October 2016 - 09:05 PM, said:

Yeah, it was dumb to have Jax in the night club, but if we're being honest there's not a lot of eras in history that Jax as a black man would be accepted without some kind of racist attitude being directed towards him. If the show kept him locked up in the ship every time they visited a time and/or place with overt racism Jax would never get to leave the ship. I'd rather them just acknowledge every now and then but otherwise just have him go with the team.

In human history it is not so much the when, but the where. Ever since our ancestors lost their body hair there has always been some place on the planet where there people with lots of melanin have been predominant. Most time-travel stories that go to the past largely focus on Europe, and/or post-Columbian America. (Occasionally ancient Egypt, but those ancient Egyptians rarely look as Nubian as they should for those time periods, as I understand it.)

Edited by sierraleone, 23 October 2016 - 08:29 PM.

Rules for surviving an Autocracy:

Rule#1: Believe the Autocrat.
Rule#2: Do not be taken in by small signs of normality.
Rule#3: Institutions will not save you.
Rule#4: Be outraged.
Rule#5: Don't make compromises.
Rule#6: Remember the future.
- Masha Gessen
Source: http://www2.nybooks....r-survival.html

#8 G-man

G-man

Is there a problem?

• 8,540 posts

Posted 25 October 2016 - 12:57 PM

OK, did anyone else find the Justice Society and Legends "smack down" reminiscent of the old Marvel titles?

I'm sorry, but the DCU I remember (admittedly, mostly pre-Crisis) the heroes would actually be willing to hear each other out, especially when the other was willing to talk, rather than immediately come to blows.  That was Marvel's thing.

/s/

Gloriosus
the G-man Himself

Edited by G-man, 25 October 2016 - 12:58 PM.

Let me strive every moment of my life to make myself better and better, to the best of my ability, so that all may profit by it.
Let me think of the right and lend my assistance to all who may need it, with no regard for anything but justice.
Let me take what comes with a smile, without loss of courage.
Let me be considerate of my country, of my fellow citizens, and my associates in everything I say and do.
Let me do right to all, and wrong no man.
-- Doc Savage

Few people want to be moderated, most people see the need for everyone else to be moderated. -- Orpheus

#9 RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes

Idealistic Cynic

• Demigod
  • 13,216 posts

Posted 25 October 2016 - 06:12 PM

The DC characters used to have cookouts and stuff.  :D
Please visit The RJDiogenes Store. Posted Image   And my Gallery. Posted Image And my YouTube Page. Posted Image And read Trunkards. Posted Image  And then there's my Heroes Essays.  Posted Image

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: DCs Legends of Tomorrow

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users