Arrow: Human Target

Arrow CW DC

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Virgil Vox

Virgil Vox
  • 5,313 posts

Posted 02 November 2016 - 07:44 PM

When Tobias Church (guest star Chad L. Coleman) captures and tortures one of Oliver's new recruits, Oliver must turn to an old friend, Christopher Chance (guest star Wil Traval) AKA the Human Target, for help. Meanwhile, Felicity's (Emily Bett Rickards) worlds collide when Detective Malone (guest star Tyler Ritter) joins the ACU.

"You will give the people an ideal to strive towards. They will race behind you. They will stumble. They will fall. But in time, they will join you in the sun. In time, you will help them accomplish wonders."
--Jor-El

It's a recession when your neighbor loses his job: it's a depression when you lose yours.
-- Harry S. Truman

#2 GJS

GJS
  • Just Washed Ashore
  • 14 posts

Posted 02 November 2016 - 11:19 PM

I really enjoyed this episode. Great final battle. I loved seeing a new TV iteration of the Human Target.

arrowhumantarget16.jpg

I've always wondered if the DC Comics character Susan Williams (who's married to Hal Jordan's brother in the comics) was a nod to that old show Cliffhangers, where Susan Anton played a newswoman - Susan Williams - battling James Bond-style supervillians.

Edited by GJS, 03 November 2016 - 07:38 AM.

#3 Lord of the Sword

Lord of the Sword
  • Islander
  • 15,681 posts

Posted 03 November 2016 - 11:48 AM

Alright, what's the deal with "Human Target"? I vaguely remember hearing about a show with that name, but I never watched it. Is the guy immortal or something? Or was it body armor with blood packs? And how is he matching his "target's" height, weight, voice?

I probably would've enjoyed the episode more if I knew who that character was.

That photo the guy gave the reporter isn't going to be as powerful of evidence as she thinks it will be, not with someone else having portrayed being Oliver to take bullets. Oliver could just claim it was the same guy, pretending to be him, thinking that Oliver was dead. Easily explained away.

So now Prometheus knows Oliver is Green Arrow, although I'm not positive Prometheus didn't already have that information.

Who was the DeathStroke wannabe?
"Sometimes you get the point of the sword, sometimes the edge, sometimes the flat of the blade (even if you're the Lord of the Sword) and sometimes you're the guy wielding it. But any day without the Sword or its Lord is one that could've been better  " ~Orpheus.

The Left is inclusive, and tolerant, unless you happen to think and believe different than they do~ Lord of the Sword

Looks like the Liberal Elite of Exisle have finally managed to silence the last remaining Conservative voice on the board.

“The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots & tyrants. It is it’s natural manure.” ~Thomas Jefferson

#4 G-man

G-man

Is there a problem?

• 8,596 posts

Posted 03 November 2016 - 01:44 PM

In theory, the Human Target is a master of disguise who adopts the identity of an intended target in order to draw the killer out, and then eliminate the killer.

In the recent TV show, he was essentially an assassin turned body guard who, with the help of his associates would not only identify an neutralize the would be killer, but also the person behind the killer.  Season 1 was really quite enjoyable, season 2 not so much as they mucked about with the formula.

/s/

Gloriosus
the G-man Himself
Let me strive every moment of my life to make myself better and better, to the best of my ability, so that all may profit by it.
Let me think of the right and lend my assistance to all who may need it, with no regard for anything but justice.
Let me take what comes with a smile, without loss of courage.
Let me be considerate of my country, of my fellow citizens, and my associates in everything I say and do.
Let me do right to all, and wrong no man.
-- Doc Savage

Few people want to be moderated, most people see the need for everyone else to be moderated. -- Orpheus

#5 GJS

GJS
  • Just Washed Ashore
  • 14 posts

Posted 03 November 2016 - 01:44 PM

The same producers who did the Flash show back in the 90s also did a Human Target series around that same time. It starred Rick Springfield as Christopher Chance and only lasted one season. Later, in 2010, there was the slightly more popular series with Mark Valley as Chance.

The character isn't immortal and has no superpowers. He's just a master of mimicry and make-up, kind of like the character of Rollin Hand from the original Mission: Impossible TV series, where he uses masks to impersonate his clients.

#6 Virgil Vox

Virgil Vox
  • 5,313 posts

Posted 06 November 2016 - 06:40 PM

I too had no clue who the Human Target was. I thought maybe he had appeared last season, since I only watched the first few episodes and then quit. He did seem to come out of nowhere. Thanks for clearing things up G-man and GJS.

That bit of confusion aside, this was a good episode. I was surprised to see Church taken care of that quickly, but I like how it played out. It shows that Oliver and his new team are starting to work together better and can get results. Plus it's good to see them actually get a bona fide win.

I was wondering if Prometheus was going to show up again since Church wasn't leaving the Green Arrow alone. Like you, LoTS, I'm thinking Prometheus might have already known that Oliver was the Green Arrow. Either that, or he just doesn't care considering his complete lack of a reaction other than killing Church.

It's nice to see Oliver (even if it wasn't always Oliver) dealing with actual issues affecting the city and trying to make the city a better place outside of his Green Arrow persona. The Human Target was right in that Oliver has more or less abandoned his Oliver persona except for when he needs to be "Oliver Queen." Otherwise he's Green Arrow all the time.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't Oliver basically run for mayor unopposed? If that's the case, the reporter doesn't have much of a right to say that Oliver is unqualified since the other alternative was having no mayor.

While I'm loving Ragman, I fear that the writers aren't really taking into consideration everything they've shown he can do. Think about it. Wearing the rags, he survived a nuclear explosion. A nuclear explosion. Just think about that. We've also seen him shrug off bullets and another, though much smaller, explosion. They've basically established that while wearing the suit he can't be hurt. I mean, if a nuclear explosion doesn't faze him, how can a bullet or a punch to the face?

Who was the DeathStroke wannabe?

Good question. No idea.

That photo the guy gave the reporter isn't going to be as powerful of evidence as she thinks it will be, not with someone else having portrayed being Oliver to take bullets. Oliver could just claim it was the same guy, pretending to be him, thinking that Oliver was dead. Easily explained away.

He doesn't even have to do that. He could just say it wasn't him. Unless the reporter gets more proof she can't 100% say that is Oliver in that photo.
"You will give the people an ideal to strive towards. They will race behind you. They will stumble. They will fall. But in time, they will join you in the sun. In time, you will help them accomplish wonders."
--Jor-El

It's a recession when your neighbor loses his job: it's a depression when you lose yours.
-- Harry S. Truman

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Arrow, CW, DC

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users