4 replies to this topic

#1 Virgil Vox

Virgil Vox
  • 5,266 posts

Posted 07 November 2016 - 10:54 AM

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Supergirl (Melissa Benoist) must beat a ruthless new gang who has been armed with dangerous new alien technology. When Cadmus sends a video to the DEO, the team realizes Cadmus is the one staffing the criminals for a secret mission. Meanwhile, Kara (Melissa Benoist) gets Mon-El (Chris Wood) a job as an intern at CatCo, James makes an important decision and Lena (Katie McGrath) invites Kara to attend one her fundraisers.

"You will give the people an ideal to strive towards. They will race behind you. They will stumble. They will fall. But in time, they will join you in the sun. In time, you will help them accomplish wonders."
--Jor-El

It's a recession when your neighbor loses his job: it's a depression when you lose yours.
-- Harry S. Truman

#2 Lord of the Sword

Lord of the Sword
  • Islander
  • 15,681 posts

Posted 07 November 2016 - 10:45 PM

I'm guessing this was the CW's version of intergang. Overall not a terrible episode. Although, Supergirl firing heat blasts at Intergang probably made Cadmus's point about Aliens and the possible threat they pose. I'm also wondering why in the world Kara didn't have J'onn impersonate her, while she remained there as Supergirl?  

Not really sure what's going on with Olsen.

And now we come to Alex's lesbian relationship....I get that shows want to be PC and be "inclusive" and all that, I just don't enjoy having it shoved in my face all the damn time. I tapped out on Gotham when it became apparent they were making the riddler and Penguin start a gay romance.
"Sometimes you get the point of the sword, sometimes the edge, sometimes the flat of the blade (even if you're the Lord of the Sword) and sometimes you're the guy wielding it. But any day without the Sword or its Lord is one that could've been better  " ~Orpheus.

The Left is inclusive, and tolerant, unless you happen to think and believe different than they do~ Lord of the Sword

Looks like the Liberal Elite of Exisle have finally managed to silence the last remaining Conservative voice on the board.

“The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots & tyrants. It is it’s natural manure.” ~Thomas Jefferson

#3 Virgil Vox

Virgil Vox
  • 5,266 posts

Posted 07 November 2016 - 11:59 PM

And now we come to Alex's lesbian relationship....I get that shows want to be PC and be "inclusive" and all that, I just don't enjoy having it shoved in my face all the damn time. I tapped out on Gotham when it became apparent they were making the riddler and Penguin start a gay romance.

Okay, I'm going to get this out of the way first. I have just two things to say to this. #1: As a gay man, I have straight relationships literally shoved in my face all the time. ALL. THE. TIME. This link is to an article GLAAD has put together: http://www.glaad.org...-still-be-done. It states that out of 895 series regulars on ABC, CBS, NBC, FOX, and the CW there are 43 LGBT characters. That is an incredibly small number and can hardly be called shoving it in anyone's face all the time. You may not like seeing two guys or two girls making out on TV and that's fine if that's the case. However, I do. Over on Quantico they had the characters of Harry and Will make out and it was hot and cute and it was nice seeing male on male sexuality treated as normal.

Point #2: This works for Alex's character. Last season the show didn't really dive into Alex's life. Her character mainly revolved around the DEO and Kara. We didn't learn much about her. Now we're seeing her struggle to come to terms with her sexuality and realizing that the reason her relationships never worked wasn't because there was something fundamentally wrong with her and was because she was dating the wrong sex. Plus, Alex and Maggie just make a good team.

Sorry for the little mini-rant. I respect you LoTS but I see and hear that "shoving it in my face" thing all the time.

I so did not see the Director of Cadmus being Lena and Lex's mother but wow does it make sense. Lex's hatred of aliens didn't come from nowhere. Looks like he learned it from Mommy. I do wonder if Mama Luthor supplied the device to Lena that destroyed the guns the criminals were using. Also, does Lena know about her mother's ties to Cadmus?

Not really sure what's going on with Olsen.

Well, they're making him into

Spoiler

I think turning Jimmy into a hero could work. The show has struggled with what to do with the character at times and now that Kara's in a different part of CatCo and Winn is working full time at the DEO he's had less to do. Heck, he wasn't even in the last episode. I do love that he went to Winn for help in designing his suit.

Heck, Winn was just on his game this episode. He had good interactions with most of the characters and helped to save the day. He was at his geek best here. Moving to the DEO has really helped him shine.

As much as I laughed at Mon-El's, I mean Mike's, blunders at CatCo, you'd think Kara would have trained him a little better. He had no clue what a phone was or how to answer it. That's kind of important for an intern who will be answering phones as part of his job. Still, at least Kara realized that she can't force Mike (I'm being lazy because I hate spelling Mon-El) to follow the same path she took on Earth. He has to find his own way. I hope he stills dresses in nerd chic though. He rocked that look.

He did supply my favorite quote though:
Tessmacher: "Do you have protection?"
Mike: "Like a sword?"

No Martian Manhunter this episode. Sure he had a pretty big episode last time but it was odd not to see him at all.

I'm guessing this was the CW's version of intergang.

I really hope not. Intergang is too much of a cool threat to be wasted on three guys with no plans more sophisticated than robbery.

I'm also wondering why in the world Kara didn't have J'onn impersonate her, while she remained there as Supergirl?

I was thinking the same thing. Still, her plan worked. Bonus points for referencing Mrs. Doubtfire.
"You will give the people an ideal to strive towards. They will race behind you. They will stumble. They will fall. But in time, they will join you in the sun. In time, you will help them accomplish wonders."
--Jor-El

It's a recession when your neighbor loses his job: it's a depression when you lose yours.
-- Harry S. Truman

#4 Lord of the Sword

Lord of the Sword
  • Islander
  • 15,681 posts

Posted 08 November 2016 - 12:44 AM

View PostVirgil Vox, on 07 November 2016 - 11:59 PM, said:

Sorry for the little mini-rant. I respect you LoTS but I see and hear that "shoving it in my face" thing all the time.

No problem. I didn't mean to offend anyone with that phrase, or my opinion.

I so did not see the Director of Cadmus being Lena and Lex's mother but wow does it make sense. Lex's hatred of aliens didn't come from nowhere. Looks like he learned it from Mommy. I do wonder if Mama Luthor supplied the device to Lena that destroyed the guns the criminals were using. Also, does Lena know about her mother's ties to Cadmus?

Didn't they say Lena was adopted by the Luthors? So I'm wondering if this is Lex's mother, or Lena's biological one?

Another thing that is bugging me a little is Mon-El speaking fluent English. With Kara and Clark it makes sense, they literally grew up on Earth. But Mon-El just arrived, he shouldn't be fluent in English, unless learning languages in seconds is one of his super powers.
"Sometimes you get the point of the sword, sometimes the edge, sometimes the flat of the blade (even if you're the Lord of the Sword) and sometimes you're the guy wielding it. But any day without the Sword or its Lord is one that could've been better  " ~Orpheus.

The Left is inclusive, and tolerant, unless you happen to think and believe different than they do~ Lord of the Sword

Looks like the Liberal Elite of Exisle have finally managed to silence the last remaining Conservative voice on the board.

“The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots & tyrants. It is it’s natural manure.” ~Thomas Jefferson

#5 Virgil Vox

Virgil Vox
  • 5,266 posts

Posted 08 November 2016 - 02:54 PM

No problem. I didn't mean to offend anyone with that phrase, or my opinion.

It's fine. Really. That's just one of those phrases that just irks me.

Didn't they say Lena was adopted by the Luthors? So I'm wondering if this is Lex's mother, or Lena's biological one?

She was adopted, but I'm guessing the Director is a Luthor, because she told the thief that she was making the world better for her son and daughter. I'm taking that to mean that her son is Lex. It's possible this is Lena's real mom and she has another brother out there but I'd put money on the Director being a real Luthor.
--Jor-El

-- Harry S. Truman

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Supergirl, DC, CW

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users