Spoilers

Legends of Tomorrow 2-5, pic 1.jpg

Legends of Tomorrow 2-5, pic 2.jpg

Legends of Tomorrow 2-5, pic 3.jpg

Legends of Tomorrow 2-5, pic 4.jpg

Legends of Tomorrow 2-5, pic 5.jpg

Legends of Tomorrow 2-5, pic 6.jpg

Legends of Tomorrow 2-5, pic 7.jpg

The Legends trace a timequake to President Reagan's White House and are shocked to discover their old enemy Damien Darhk is now a Senior Adviser to Reagan. While the team tries to uncover what Darhk is up to, Sara struggles with whether to seek revenge or help with the team's larger mission. Elsewhere, Stein tries to prevent his younger self from creating an even bigger time aberration.

Promotional photo from www.farfarawaysite.com. :)
"A song is like a picture of a bird in flight; the bird was moving before the picture was taken, and no doubt continued after."   - Pete Seeger

Pete Seeger's life was a picture of an idea in flight, and the idea will continue long after.  As long as there are people with goodness and courage in their hearts, the idea will continue forever.

Posted Image   Posted Image

Check out my music threads:

Beautiful Music: Folk, Acoustic, Traditional, and World

A Celebration of Song Lyrics, New and Old: Just the poetry  (to include those with different musical tastes than me)

When Sci Fi Actors Sing

#2 Lord of the Sword

Lord of the Sword
  • Islander
  • 15,681 posts

Posted 14 November 2016 - 07:33 PM

Overall an alright episode....if you turn your brain off.

First things first...I've never been to the White House, in the 80's or at any other time. I would, however, expect visitors to the White House to have to go through security. I'm equally confident any security check would've uncovered Sarah's knife, and it damn sure should've uncovered both the Heat gun and Cold gun. Now, the ONLY "super powers" Ray and Mick have are those guns, can someone please explain to me how not ONE secret service agent managed to put several bullets through them? I'll skip over the fact that the heat gun alone should've burned down the White House.

Now we come to my main problem with this show...the time travelling paradoxes.

This is the second time younger Stein has met his future self, and Jax....So he should've easily recognized Jax when they were considering him for merging with Stein on the Flash. Yet he showed no recognition what so ever in that Flash episode. And for all present day Martin's ranting and raving about his younger self ignoring their wife...Present day Martin has, for all intensive purposes, widowed her practically, so he's in no position to be taking the moral high ground here.

Why doesn't the Reverse Flash have a time ship? He obviously doesn't need it. Also, why are there no time wraiths coming after him, especially given the changes to history he is making????

Now that Sarah has told Dark about his fate, I'm surprised he didn't recognize those events in the arrow episode? Yet he chugged along like he KNEW he was going to win in that episode....

See, and now my brain is hurting again. LOL

Edited by Lord of the Sword, 14 November 2016 - 07:34 PM.

"Sometimes you get the point of the sword, sometimes the edge, sometimes the flat of the blade (even if you're the Lord of the Sword) and sometimes you're the guy wielding it. But any day without the Sword or its Lord is one that could've been better  " ~Orpheus.

The Left is inclusive, and tolerant, unless you happen to think and believe different than they do~ Lord of the Sword

Looks like the Liberal Elite of Exisle have finally managed to silence the last remaining Conservative voice on the board.

“The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots & tyrants. It is it’s natural manure.” ~Thomas Jefferson

#3 G-man

G-man

Is there a problem?

• 8,626 posts

Posted 15 November 2016 - 11:47 AM

White House security in the 1980's was such that a pocket knife (with a blade no longer than 2.5 inches) was permissible, but nothing larger.  Certainly, nothing gun like would be permitted.

But then, TV shows and comics, generally do a poor job accurately depicting how Government, and the Military actually works.

/s/

Gloriosus
the G-man Himself
Let me strive every moment of my life to make myself better and better, to the best of my ability, so that all may profit by it.
Let me think of the right and lend my assistance to all who may need it, with no regard for anything but justice.
Let me take what comes with a smile, without loss of courage.
Let me be considerate of my country, of my fellow citizens, and my associates in everything I say and do.
Let me do right to all, and wrong no man.
-- Doc Savage

Few people want to be moderated, most people see the need for everyone else to be moderated. -- Orpheus

#4 Niko

Niko
  • Watchdog
  • 2,323 posts

Posted 15 November 2016 - 12:43 PM

I think you have to take it as given that they skipped the cliche scene of one of our heroes creating a moment of confusion at security that allows the others to magically slip past without being properly vetted. :)
- Whatsoever you do to the least of my people, that you do unto me.    (Matthew 25:40)

- Do not let kindness and truth leave you; Bind them around your neck, Write them on the tablet of your heart.  (Proverbs 3:3)

#5 Cybersnark

Cybersnark

NERV wants YOU!

• Islander
  • 2,571 posts

Posted 15 November 2016 - 03:03 PM

The heat & cold guns tend to appear and disappear between camera-angles at the best of times. The continuity supervisor has probably been told to ignore it and is thus drinking heavily.

As for Sara, slipping weapons past security is probably one of the first things you learn at the League of Assassins.
"Hilarity ensues." --Seamus Harper

#6 G-man

G-man

Is there a problem?

• 8,626 posts

Posted 15 November 2016 - 03:28 PM

Actually, I think the first thing they learn from the League of Assassins (if they are assassins worthy of being called such) is never to bring a weapon in where there is security, that's stoo-pid.  Instead you either attack the target when they are in public, or after you've gained entry to a secure location, you improvise a weapon on the spot.  Alternatively, you build up a relationship with the security folks, so that they'll simply pass you without checking (CIA is notorious for this lapse).

Of course, this would mean that the writers would actually have to do research and get creative.

/s/

Gloriosus
the G-man Himself

Edited by G-man, 16 November 2016 - 12:53 PM.

Let me strive every moment of my life to make myself better and better, to the best of my ability, so that all may profit by it.
Let me think of the right and lend my assistance to all who may need it, with no regard for anything but justice.
Let me take what comes with a smile, without loss of courage.
Let me be considerate of my country, of my fellow citizens, and my associates in everything I say and do.
Let me do right to all, and wrong no man.
-- Doc Savage

Few people want to be moderated, most people see the need for everyone else to be moderated. -- Orpheus

#7 The Tyrant

The Tyrant

R.I.P. Martin Landau

• Islander
  • 3,174 posts

Posted 16 November 2016 - 10:35 AM

Was that a Legion time sphere? :)
Hope springs eternal, and is eternally dashed

"Absolute power corrupts absolutely. Which is a problem....
if you're powerless." - Drago Museveni

'God is a comedian playing to an audience afraid to laugh' - Voltaire

'It's in your nature to destroy yourselves.' - the Terminator, about Humanity.

"Who knew the divine was such a dissolute, horny drunk?  Although that would explain a hell of a lot about this series... " - Christopher, about Battlestar Galactica

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: DCs Legends of Tomorrow, DCs Legends of Tomorrow: S2

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users