gsmonks

Tree Psychiatrist

• Islander
  • 5,034 posts

Posted 12 November 2016 - 12:25 AM

View PostMark, on 12 November 2016 - 12:15 AM, said:

View PostKathyW2200, on 11 November 2016 - 11:39 PM, said:

View PostMark, on 11 November 2016 - 08:19 PM, said:

Firstly, starting a nuclear war wouldn't be good for ANYBODY'S business. Donald will not want that.

Fat shaming beauty queens in the middle of the night isn't good for business either, but that didn't stop him.  Attacking Gold Star families isn't good for business, but that didn't stop him.  This guy has no self control.  It's unfortunately not so farfetched to imagine him dropping a bomb on someone who disses his hairdo.  

The hilarious part (or it would be under different circumstances) is that the man never wanted the job in the first place.  Trump just likes to win contests--they make him feel big and powerful and important.  Once the contest is won or lost (with the latter including cries of "rigged!" and "unfair!" and "I was robbed!", etc.), he moves along to the next contest.  But he can't do that this time because winning this contest comes with a job, a 4 year job which requires one to act like an actual adult, and observe protocol, and listen (always difficult for one with the attention span of a Tsetse fly), and think, and all that boring stuff he doesn't want to do because he's, you know, just bored bigly!  Times London called it--they said his expression upon winning was one of "a man whose bluff had been called".  Indeed.  Being president isn't the same as running for president.  Methinks he's about to get as rude of a shock as many of the rest of us have.

Mark: I wish many of the American people who voted for Hillary would act like adults as well and observe the protocol that is our current set of laws for elections and transfer of power. For goodness sake, stop feeling so outraged. If the democratic party had for even one instance listened to what the American people were trying to tell them about how we didn't want more of what Obama did (or rather didn't do), then perhaps Hillary would now be President. Perhaps if the shady way the investigation of Hillary's private email server leaks had been better, and she'd been more truthful about how many of those emails she deleted after they told her to hand over those servers...perhaps Hillary would now be President.  ...or perhaps she'd be in jail.   Why is it when a government official willingly does something so obviously illegal, they usually don't go to prison like any other U.S. citizen? Haven't we placed our government officials on a level once only shared by Pharaohs and kings?

You're just not getting it. This isn't like handing over the reins of power to Chicken Little. Trump is no better than Gaddafi or Hitler or Mussolini. He can not be allowed to take over- and it is a takeover we're talking about.

Those members of the American public who are reasonable-minded are faced with an intolerable outcome in this election, not simply an outcome they don't like.

If you don't get it, either you're not paying attention, or you're in denial.
Capitalism is a pyramid scheme run by the 1%.

#22 Mark

Mark
  • Islander
  • 5,269 posts

Posted 12 November 2016 - 12:32 AM

Mark: I guess the Democratic party will have a better choice for us to vote for next time? :smirk:   I pray the Republican party will also have a better choice in mind for Presidents to elect of the future.

I've never in my life seen two worse choices for the Presidency in a U.S election...at least if there was, I wasn't alive yet to know about it. But again, people need to stop over-reacting and acting so outraged. There is little or nothing they can do about it, unless they choose to leave the country. I'm sure President Trump will have someone holding a gate open for them to leave. :D
Mark
Discussion is an exchange of knowledge: argument is an exchange of ignorance.
Peace is not the absence of conflict, but the ability to cope with it.
APOGEE MESSAGE BOARD

#23 yadda yadda

yadda yadda
  • Islander
  • 1,502 posts

Posted 12 November 2016 - 12:41 AM

POPULAR

Firstly, starting a nuclear war wouldn't be good for ANYBODY'S business. Donald will not want that.

Fat shaming beauty queens in the middle of the night isn't good for business either, but that didn't stop him.  Attacking Gold Star families isn't good for business, but that didn't stop him.  This guy has no self control.  It's unfortunately not so farfetched to imagine him dropping a bomb on someone who disses his hairdo.  

The hilarious part (or it would be under different circumstances) is that the man never wanted the job in the first place.  Trump just likes to win contests--they make him feel big and powerful and important.  Once the contest is won or lost (with the latter including cries of "rigged!" and "unfair!" and "I was robbed!", etc.), he moves along to the next contest.  But he can't do that this time because winning this contest comes with a job, a 4 year job which requires one to act like an actual adult, and observe protocol, and listen (always difficult for one with the attention span of a Tsetse fly), and think, and all that boring stuff he doesn't want to do because he's, you know, just bored bigly!  Times London called it--they said his expression upon winning was one of "a man whose bluff had been called".  Indeed.  Being president isn't the same as running for president.  Methinks he's about to get as rude of a shock as many of the rest of us have.

Mark: I wish many of the American people who voted for Hillary would act like adults as well and observe the protocol that is our current set of laws for elections and transfer of power. For goodness sake, stop feeling so outraged. If the democratic party had for even one instance listened to what the American people were trying to tell them about how we didn't want more of what Obama did (or rather didn't do), then perhaps Hillary would now be President. Perhaps if the shady way the investigation of Hillary's private email server leaks had been better, and she'd been more truthful about how many of those emails she deleted after they told her to hand over those servers...perhaps Hillary would now be President.  ...or perhaps she'd be in jail.   Why is it when a government official willingly does something so obviously illegal, they usually don't go to prison like any other U.S. citizen? Haven't we placed our government officials on a level once only shared by Pharaohs and kings?

YADDA: Mark, the thing you don't seem to understand is that while you are forming your strategies to deal with the election aftermath and extend your advice to the rest of us here is that you evidently consider this man, this president-elect, sane and rational, with some level of personal integrity and self control. I think the majority of us here to whom you are condescending and lecturing about observing protocol and to stop being so outraged have adjudged the man bereft of those qualities and a significant danger to our livelihoods, civil rights, and quite possibly our lives. In fact I must tell you that as far as I'm concerned you popping up here after a year or more of absence to trot out Trump campaign drivel has increased my level of outrage exponentially and am toying with telling you how I truly feel  about your contribution in two short and terse words not within the protocols here. I'll bow to civility this time by rebutting your proffered advice by extending my own to you. To paraphrase Jack Nicholson from a movie I liked, "go peddle crazy somewhere else. We're full up here."

#24 Mark

Mark
  • Islander
  • 5,269 posts

Posted 12 November 2016 - 12:41 AM

View Postgsmonks, on 12 November 2016 - 12:25 AM, said:

You're just not getting it. This isn't like handing over the reins of power to Chicken Little. Trump is no better than Gaddafi or Hitler or Mussolini. He can not be allowed to take over- and it is a takeover we're talking about.

Those members of the American public who are reasonable-minded are faced with an intolerable outcome in this election, not simply an outcome they don't like.

If you don't get it, either you're not paying attention, or you're in denial.

Mark: No, I think American's complacency has led to this outcome, and I'm sort of getting a chuckle over everyone getting what they deserve. Hell, we've known our government was corrupt for many many years. We've allowed them to become so, all by ourselves. We've done nothing. Now that we've finally elected one nearly everybody agrees is not only not qualified for the position, but is a megalomaniac nearly on the order of Adolph Hitler, the outraged come out of the woodwork. Why haven't we been outraged enough to do something about how our government is run in the past? We let Senators set their own salaries, and choose their own benefits when they retire. We don't have term limits on Senators either...why not? Also, why should lawyers make up the vast majority of those considered "qualified" to be in high government office? Why aren't age limits set for Supreme Court Justices? Hell, we let them sit on the court until they croak. That SHOULD offend people...but not enough to do something. Why are Presidents allowed to pick their own cabinet officials, and offer Supreme Court Justices their offices? What makes him qualified to make those choices? NOTHING DOES!
Mark
APOGEE MESSAGE BOARD

#25 yadda yadda

yadda yadda
  • Islander
  • 1,502 posts

Posted 12 November 2016 - 12:49 AM

View PostMark, on 12 November 2016 - 12:32 AM, said:

Mark: I guess the Democratic party will have a better choice for us to vote for next time? :smirk:   I pray the Republican party will also have a better choice in mind for Presidents to elect of the future.

I've never in my life seen two worse choices for the Presidency in a U.S election...at least if there was, I wasn't alive yet to know about it. But again, people need to stop over-reacting and acting so outraged. There is little or nothing they can do about it, unless they choose to leave the country. I'm sure President Trump will have someone holding a gate open for them to leave. :D

Believe me, there are things to be done about it, and you will be seeing that over and over in greater intensity as long as the freedom of the press and speech aren't the first things to go. And as far as your laughing little face at the prospect of your President Trump having protesting citizens ushered out through an open gate, how much of a stretch is it till his thugs are holding open oven doors or gates to killing fields? Will you be there helping hold open those gates, Mark? With your snarky little smiley face?

#26 Lord of the Sword

Lord of the Sword
  • Islander
  • 15,681 posts

Posted 12 November 2016 - 12:58 AM

View Postyadda yadda, on 12 November 2016 - 12:41 AM, said:

YADDA: Mark, the thing you don't seem to understand is that while you are forming your strategies to deal with the election aftermath and extend your advice to the rest of us here is that you evidently consider this man, this president-elect, sane and rational, with some level of personal integrity and self control. I think the majority of us here to whom you are condescending and lecturing about observing protocol and to stop being so outraged have adjudged the man bereft of those qualities and a significant danger to our livelihoods, civil rights, and quite possibly our lives. In fact I must tell you that as far as I'm concerned you popping up here after a year or more of absence to trot out Trump campaign drivel has increased my level of outrage exponentially and am toying with telling you how I truly feel  about your contribution in two short and terse words not within the protocols here. I'll bow to civility this time by rebutting your proffered advice by extending my own to you. To paraphrase Jack Nicholson from a movie I liked, "go peddle crazy somewhere else. We're full up here."

And THAT right there is why Trump is President elect right now. The Liberal Elite, who feel their opinions matter more then everyone else's (Not necessarily you Yadda) but you are espousing the Liberal Elite line, so pardon me for lumping you in with them. But the Liberal Elite, with their superiority attitude, just don't GET how angry the average middle class, small business owner, and non business owner, feels. Every time we complain about the way things are under Obama we get called racist, bigot, and what not. When Hillary was running, we were called sexist, deplorable, homophobic, and what not...all because we didn't agree with a female criminal. Which left us with only Trump to choose.
"Sometimes you get the point of the sword, sometimes the edge, sometimes the flat of the blade (even if you're the Lord of the Sword) and sometimes you're the guy wielding it. But any day without the Sword or its Lord is one that could've been better  " ~Orpheus.

The Left is inclusive, and tolerant, unless you happen to think and believe different than they do~ Lord of the Sword

Looks like the Liberal Elite of Exisle have finally managed to silence the last remaining Conservative voice on the board.

“The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots & tyrants. It is it’s natural manure.” ~Thomas Jefferson

#27 Lord of the Sword

Lord of the Sword
  • Islander
  • 15,681 posts

Posted 12 November 2016 - 12:59 AM

I'm going to bow out of this thread for a bit. Watching that video of the Liberal mother treating her own child like that has just enraged me. So I'll leave the thread before I start saying things that I might regret.
"Sometimes you get the point of the sword, sometimes the edge, sometimes the flat of the blade (even if you're the Lord of the Sword) and sometimes you're the guy wielding it. But any day without the Sword or its Lord is one that could've been better  " ~Orpheus.

The Left is inclusive, and tolerant, unless you happen to think and believe different than they do~ Lord of the Sword

Looks like the Liberal Elite of Exisle have finally managed to silence the last remaining Conservative voice on the board.

“The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots & tyrants. It is it’s natural manure.” ~Thomas Jefferson

#28 Mark

Mark
  • Islander
  • 5,269 posts

Posted 12 November 2016 - 01:01 AM

View Postyadda yadda, on 12 November 2016 - 12:41 AM, said:

(underlined by Mark)
Mark: I never said I thought Trump was sane...I never said I liked him...and I certainly never voted for him to be President.  And also, I want to thank you, Yadda Yadda, for making it personal about my choice of when and where to post. I could give a rats ass if you don't like my choice of where and what I post about. I didn't make any personal attacks on any of you for feeling the way you feel...I just think everyone is over-reacting and need to act and POST a bit more rationally with a bit of logic. I'll not be baited into a fight with you because you're upset over this.
Yadda Yadda, you've been a member here since April 2, 2014 and have 635 posts...I've been a contributing member here since October 13, 2003 and have well over 5,000 posts! I think I've earned the right to post here when and where I wish, and discuss what I choose to, no matter how it makes you feel.
Mark
APOGEE MESSAGE BOARD

#29 Mark

Mark
  • Islander
  • 5,269 posts

Posted 12 November 2016 - 01:21 AM

View Postyadda yadda, on 12 November 2016 - 12:49 AM, said:

Believe me, there are things to be done about it, and you will be seeing that over and over in greater intensity as long as the freedom of the press and speech aren't the first things to go. And as far as your laughing little face at the prospect of your President Trump having protesting citizens ushered out through an open gate, how much of a stretch is it till his thugs are holding open oven doors or gates to killing fields? Will you be there helping hold open those gates, Mark? With your snarky little smiley face?

Mark: Again, I think you are over-reacting. Donald Trump is many things, but a Hitler...I don't think so. And if he's insane, how has he become a successful multi-billionaire? If he's insane, why is he allowed to fly around in his own private jet, with his own private pilot. He's a tyrant, he's a megalomaniac, and he's often outrageous, but now that he's President, he'll have a host of people around him to keep him in-check. He can't just start ordering people to do things like Hitler did, without having to go through a plethora of other government officials to sanction it. It's not ALL run by one man, ya know. Just because he's President, he still must take an oath of office that limits some of the things an ordinary dictator could do. Also, if President Trump begins to show signs of true insanity, we do have a Vice President who is very qualified to take over and relieve President Trump of his duties. They just don't hand the Presidency to any old bum off the street, Yadda. Have a little faith in the rest of our government officials to keep things within acceptable tolerances.   And one last favor...stop making personal insults towards me, please?
Mark
APOGEE MESSAGE BOARD

#30 yadda yadda

yadda yadda
  • Islander
  • 1,502 posts

Posted 12 November 2016 - 01:22 AM

Post away as you will Mark. I never told you otherwise. It's a free country, for a couple months more, anyway. But don't expect me to abide your idea of "protocol" or to temper my "outrage" to suit your sensibilities or the Trump agenda. If you decide to continue to counsel the board and myself to accept and bow down to a sociopath in the White House I will reject and disagree with such postings. And I thought you deserved to know exactly how your opinion made me feel, since you seem to have no understanding of why there is protest going on in this country right now.

#31 yadda yadda

yadda yadda
  • Islander
  • 1,502 posts

Posted 12 November 2016 - 01:27 AM

View PostMark, on 12 November 2016 - 01:21 AM, said:

Mark: Again, I think you are over-reacting. Donald Trump is many things, but a Hitler...I don't think so. And if he's insane, how has he become a successful multi-billionaire? If he's insane, why is he allowed to fly around in his own private jet, with his own private pilot. He's a tyrant, he's a megalomaniac, and he's often outrageous, but now that he's President, he'll have a host of people around him to keep him in-check. He can't just start ordering people to do things like Hitler did, without having to go through a plethora of other government officials to sanction it. It's not ALL run by one man, ya know. Just because he's President, he still must take an oath of office that limits some of the things an ordinary dictator could do. Also, if President Trump begins to show signs of true insanity, we do have a Vice President who is very qualified to take over and relieve President Trump of his duties. They just don't hand the Presidency to any old bum off the street, Yadda. Have a little faith in the rest of our government officials to keep things within acceptable tolerances.   And one last favor...stop making personal insults towards me, please?

I'll do better than that, Mark. How about I just ignore you? Adios.

#32 gsmonks

gsmonks

Tree Psychiatrist

• Islander
  • 5,034 posts

Posted 12 November 2016 - 02:22 AM

Trump is a sociopath who probably suffers from BPD (borderline personality disorder). The latter is the opinion of a bunch of psychiatrist friends and acquaintances, some of whom I grew up with.

A good many CEO's are demonstrable sociopaths. Corporations are run like Feudal fiefs. Only a moron would consider such a person for public office.

There are endless examples of sociopaths in low-level government capacities. They act without conscience, are incapable of empathy, and paradoxically are like serial killers in that they tend to have fairly normals families and from the outside seem to lead normal lives.

But underneath it all they are manipulative and dangerous. And the thing that Trump is is only going to become more dangerous because of the gang of sociopathic enablers he's surrounding himself with. Only a fool can not see what's coming. Gingrich is a sociopath. Pence is a sociopath. Mitch McConnell is a sociopath. Giuliani is a sociopath and a nasty piece of work. Ben Carson is a sick sociopath who shouldn't be allowed with 1000 miles of a public office. Christie is a low-life opportunist and a crook.

Trump is putting together a cabal, not a cabinet.

#33 cade

cade
  • Islander
  • 413 posts

Posted 12 November 2016 - 04:43 AM

Mark: I feel truly sorry for President-elect Trump. His only fault so far is being a dumb-butt who can't act, or deliver a speech that is truly believable to an intelligent person, and that's not even a crime.

I'll give you the benefit of the doubt that you somehow forgot or are unaware that sexual assault is a crime to which Trump bragged on tape about committing, and which over a dozen women have accused him of.

His first wife accused him of rape in a deposition. Her divorce was granted on the grounds of his "cruel and inhuman treatment" of her. As part of the divorce settlement she signed a gag order preventing her from saying anything about their marriage that Trump wouldn't approve. Then after her rape allegation in the deposition was reported and Trump probably threatened her to retract it, the best he could get out of her was an equivocating statement that it wasn't "literal or criminal" rape but she didn't take back any of the specific, horrific physical violations she'd accused Trump of committing against her. She maintained that she felt Trump sexually violated her:

“During a deposition given by me in connection with my matrimonial case, I stated that my husband had raped me,” the Ivana Trump statement said. “[O]n one occasion during 1989, Mr. Trump and I had marital relations in which he behaved very differently toward me than he had during our marriage. As a woman, I felt violated, as the love and tenderness, which he normally exhibited towards me, was absent. I referred to this as a ‘rape,’ but I do not want my words to be interpreted in a literal or criminal sense.”

People aren't upset because Trump is dumb and can't give an intelligent speech on his own. People are upset because, among a myriad of other horrible and terrifying things, a racist, misogynist sexual predator endorsed by the KKK is coming to take over the White House from the first black President. Please think about that. Trump rose to power on the right by leading the racist birther attack against our first non-white president, and by inciting hatred and violence against minorities. These aren't just words we are talking about, not when they lead to violence and death.

Given the extreme power now at the disposal of that office, and the fact that Republicans will also control the other two branches of government, Trump will have more power than anyone on this planet ever has. And he didn't even get the most votes. He was rejected by the people by over a million votes. That matters, even if the law says it doesn't. I don't need the approval of laws created by imperialist white men to believe in democracy. Thankfully those men still had the wisdom and ethics to create the First Amendment. So long as people are protesting Trump peacefully, as the vast, vast majority are, they are every bit as lawful as the Electoral College. But it's not surprising that people fine with the undemocratic Electoral College are offended by people exercising their right to protest what it has done to this country.

Protest is absolutely critical to achieving positive change, especially now against a regressive movement that is taking total control of the federal government. It's also urgent to show solidarity with women and girls and all the minority groups Trump has targeted and frightened. It would've been extremely depressing if after all of Trump's despicable behavior and the fact that the will of the people rejected him, there was no protest after he was anointed the winner and cemented the absolute theft of a Supreme Court Justice seat.

#34 gsmonks

gsmonks

Tree Psychiatrist

• Islander
  • 5,034 posts

Posted 12 November 2016 - 05:33 AM

And so it begins . . .

http://dailycaller.c...e-assassinated/

#35 sierraleone

sierraleone

All things Great and Mischievous

• Islander
  • 9,213 posts

Posted 12 November 2016 - 08:38 AM

All those saying keep calm…. I guess near all of what he ran on, and the danger presented by his changes to public discourse, won't personally affect you. Well don't expect congratulations.

After those that *will* be personally affected by his agenda - and the danger presented by his coarsening of our public culture/discourse - are done processing these election results, they surely do need to attempt calm… because they got sh*t tonnes of work to do.

Because it is much better to be prepared to face and fight what he said he would do, then react with no plan when he brings each item to the top of his agenda. Or Mike, if he succeeds Trump (Mike is horrible for women and LGBT, at the very least).

http://www.nydailyne...ticle-1.2869073

Edited by sierraleone, 12 November 2016 - 11:43 AM.

Rules for surviving an Autocracy:

Rule#1: Believe the Autocrat.
Rule#2: Do not be taken in by small signs of normality.
Rule#3: Institutions will not save you.
Rule#4: Be outraged.
Rule#5: Don't make compromises.
Rule#6: Remember the future.
- Masha Gessen
Source: http://www2.nybooks....r-survival.html

#36 sierraleone

sierraleone

• Islander
  • 9,213 posts

Posted 12 November 2016 - 08:43 AM

View PostLord of the Sword, on 12 November 2016 - 12:16 AM, said:

It wasn't only white people voting for Trump.

That doesn't change the validity of any anti-Trump arguments. I had someone tell me, "well women voted for him." Did I expect him to get 0% of the women's vote? That would be delusional. That doesn't change that he is a misogynist. So your point is a red-hearing. Same as some Hillary voters are bad people. Of course there are some. Your point? That not all Trump voters are racists or sexist? Of course (or at least not above the mean-line in our culture). Your point?

Edited by sierraleone, 12 November 2016 - 08:46 AM.

- Masha Gessen

#37 sierraleone

sierraleone

• Islander
  • 9,213 posts

Posted 12 November 2016 - 08:54 AM

View Postgsmonks, on 12 November 2016 - 02:22 AM, said:

But underneath it all they are manipulative and dangerous. And the thing that Trump is is only going to become more dangerous because of the gang of sociopathic enablers he's surrounding himself with. Only a fool can not see what's coming. Gingrich is a sociopath. Pence is a sociopath. Mitch McConnell is a sociopath. Giuliani is a sociopath and a nasty piece of work. Ben Carson is a sick sociopath who shouldn't be allowed with 1000 miles of a public office. Christie is a low-life opportunist and a crook.

Trump is putting together a cabal, not a cabinet.

He is flooding the swamp with pure raw sewage.

- Masha Gessen

#38 Niko

Niko
  • Watchdog
  • 2,292 posts

Posted 12 November 2016 - 08:56 AM

Mark: Also, if President Trump begins to show signs of true insanity, we do have a Vice President who is very qualified to take over and relieve President Trump of his duties. They just don't hand the Presidency to any old bum off the street, Yadda. Have a little faith in the rest of our government officials to keep things within acceptable tolerances.

Oh, please.  You mean the government officials who've let our Supreme Court go without the ability to properly do its job for a full year, purely out of spite?   Or the government officials who'll be doing nothing for the next year but ripping apart everything Obama touched, whether it's been good for the country or not?  Or the science-deniers that it looks like donald's likely to stick on his cabinet to start making "policy" based on conspiracy theories and imaginary facts?   Or the speaker of the house, whose biggest highlights in his career have been his efforts to dismantle as much of the social safety net as he can get his hands on, and now has a free ride to do just that?  Oh, and yes, that Vice President, who is well-known as an enemy of any policy geared at making life more equal for LGBT citizens. You think if we don't like donald's policies, we're gonna feel "safe" with these guys as the checks-and-balances brigade?

I'll grant you that nuclear concerns are probably less likely on a day-to-day level.  For most other global conflicts, he'll go the route of completely ignoring them, pulling out of NATO, etc.  Extreme Isolationism is more his jam.   (And lord knows, anyplace where we've been siding against Russia will change to us rolling over and asking Putin to rub our belly.)  But you think if we have another 9/11-level event, you think anyone would stop him from jumping to the nuclear option?

Edited by Niko, 12 November 2016 - 08:59 AM.

- Whatsoever you do to the least of my people, that you do unto me.    (Matthew 25:40)

- Do not let kindness and truth leave you; Bind them around your neck, Write them on the tablet of your heart.  (Proverbs 3:3)

#39 Lord of the Sword

Lord of the Sword
  • Islander
  • 15,681 posts

Posted 12 November 2016 - 08:58 AM

View Postsierraleone, on 12 November 2016 - 08:43 AM, said:

That doesn't change the validity of any anti-Trump arguments. I had someone tell me, "well women voted for him." Did I expect him to get 0% of the women's vote? That would be delusional. That doesn't change that he is a misogynist. So your point is a red-hearing. Same as some Hillary voters are bad people. Of course there are some. Your point? That not all Trump voters are racists or sexist? Of course (or at least not above the mean-line in our culture). Your point?

True, and valid points. And, truth be told, I wasn't even going to post the video of the Trump supporter laughing, I felt it might be too much gloating. But after watching the video of what that mother did to her child, for voting for Trump in a school's mock electing, added to realizing this thread wasn't so much for post election discussion as it was to Vent against Trump and his supporters, I was enraged. So I posted both videos, and posted harsly when I should've taken a step back and calmed down. For that I apologize.

But if this thread is going to continue being nothing but a echo chamber to bash President Elect Trump and his supporters, the title of the thread should be changed to reflect that.

#40 sierraleone

sierraleone

• Islander
  • 9,213 posts

Posted 12 November 2016 - 09:11 AM

View PostLord of the Sword, on 12 November 2016 - 08:58 AM, said:

But if this thread is going to continue being nothing but a echo chamber to bash President Elect Trump and his supporters, the title of the thread should be changed to reflect that.

Oh, I think if there was a thread about how the democrats failed you'd see lots of democrats, or at least DNC, bashing, by liberals. Or at least this one. Well, maybe not bashing as in insults (well, I dunno), but certainly unhappiness, and perhaps disgust with many aspects of how the DNC failed this election, not reading the electorate, among other things. Though, don't expect to hear nothing about the GOP… Someone here said no one wanted an Obama third term? Maybe not, but he faced so much obstructionism it is hard to even know, besides dealing the 2007 economic crisis, the ACA, and repeal of DADT (all in the first 2 years), what Obama's presidency would have looked like if he hadn't faced unprecedented obstruction from the GOP the last 6 years.

Edited by sierraleone, 12 November 2016 - 11:50 AM.

- Masha Gessen

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: PresidentElect, Prez45

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users