#1 Cybersnark

Cybersnark

NERV wants YOU!

• Islander
  • 2,571 posts

Posted 25 November 2016 - 02:17 PM

Posted Image

Episode 33: Sovereign of Mars

Major changes are afoot in the aftermath of the war, for Tekkadan, Gjallarhorn, Kudelia --and possibly Lafter as well.

Spoiler
Lafter has been trailing Akihiro's orbit for a while now, but I didn't expect the story to actually go there. Aside from my setting my shipper heart aflutter, I'm impressed that the show doesn't seem to be sugarcoating it; this will be complicated and potentially messy, for everyone involved. Will this be an affair, or will we get to see how the Turbines family handles divorce?

I'm sorry to see Takaki go, but happy that he got out okay, and with the blessing of his (former?) family. I'm curious what work he ended up in; I'm sure Makanai would've been happy to have him, but he's probably finished with military work (though I'm not sure what else he'd be qualified for, and Earth companies probably hesitate to hire teenagers, even if they are war veterans).

I share Merribit's concern that Tekkadan might be biting off more than they can chew; even aside from the logistical concerns, they're still struggling with the idea that not all problems can be solved by killing someone. Kudelia would be a major asset to them, but she has her own concerns to deal with, and she doesn't seem to think she's ready to confront her family directly. I'm also worried about McGillis stoking the fires of ambition in Orga. When he starts to talk about their ultimate finish, kids start dying.

It was interesting to see McGillis and Orga both accepting responsibility for this debacle, though I'm disappointed at what McGillis is not revealing to Orga --a conversation about their respective backgrounds would probably be eye-opening for both of them.

Equally interesting is that even shortly after being adopted, McGillis already knew the name of a Gundam, and knew who to ask about it.
"Hilarity ensues." --Seamus Harper

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Gundam, mecha, military science fiction

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users