Getting an "Insecure Connection" warning for Exisle? No worry

Details in this thread

Supergirl/Flash/Arrow/Legends: Invasion!

Supergirl The Flash Arrow Legends of Tomorrow DC CW

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#1 Virgil Vox

Virgil Vox
  • 5,263 posts

Posted 28 November 2016 - 12:14 PM

Posted Image

Posted Image

Hopefully nobody minds that I decided to create one thread for this cross-over. I figured that would be an easier and nicer way to discuss the event instead of having individual episode threads. Though if people still want individual threads that's fine as well.

I am super-excited for this one. All four shows crossing over and dealing with an alien invasion threat? Yes, please. I know the Supergirl episode won't have a huge impact on the cross-over but it's just awesome that she's getting to take part in it.
"You will give the people an ideal to strive towards. They will race behind you. They will stumble. They will fall. But in time, they will join you in the sun. In time, you will help them accomplish wonders."
--Jor-El

It's a recession when your neighbor loses his job: it's a depression when you lose yours.
-- Harry S. Truman

#2 RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes

Idealistic Cynic

• Demigod
  • 13,425 posts

Posted 28 November 2016 - 06:52 PM

I'm in.  Is Supergirl in another universe than the other heroes, or did they merge at some point?
Please visit The RJDiogenes Store. Posted Image   And my Gallery. Posted Image And my YouTube Page. Posted Image And read Trunkards. Posted Image  And then there's my Heroes Essays.  Posted Image

#3 Lord of the Sword

Lord of the Sword
  • Islander
  • 15,681 posts

Posted 28 November 2016 - 11:30 PM

View PostRJDiogenes, on 28 November 2016 - 06:52 PM, said:

I'm in.  Is Supergirl in another universe than the other heroes, or did they merge at some point?

Supergirl is in another universe.

As for the whole 4 night crossover....I feel cheated. This episode, while good, shouldn't even really be considered a "crossover". A couple seconds of the portal opening, randomly, throughout the episode, followed by a 10 to 15 second scene with Barry, Cisco, and Kara, does not equal a cross over. I'm sorry, but it doesn't.

Interesting that it was Kara's dad that created Medusa. And I could understand how, last season, the bad guys knew about Myriad. But how the hell did Cadmus even KNOW the project name Medusa, let alone what it was? They also really need to stop having Hank use the "Cyborg Superman" thing, at least until they explain why he is called that.

Now my biggest pet peeve this episode. Elisa comes over, helps out, and neither Kara or Alex tell her that Jeremiah is still alive???

I'm actually liking Lena Luthor. Her reaction to Supergirl telling her about her mother was understandable. As was her tricking and betraying her mother.
"Sometimes you get the point of the sword, sometimes the edge, sometimes the flat of the blade (even if you're the Lord of the Sword) and sometimes you're the guy wielding it. But any day without the Sword or its Lord is one that could've been better  " ~Orpheus.

The Left is inclusive, and tolerant, unless you happen to think and believe different than they do~ Lord of the Sword

Looks like the Liberal Elite of Exisle have finally managed to silence the last remaining Conservative voice on the board.

“The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots & tyrants. It is it’s natural manure.” ~Thomas Jefferson

#4 Themis

Themis
  • Islander
  • 6,544 posts

Posted 29 November 2016 - 09:30 AM

View PostLord of the Sword, on 28 November 2016 - 11:30 PM, said:

.I feel cheated. This episode, while good, shouldn't even really be considered a "crossover". A couple seconds of the portal opening, randomly, throughout the episode, followed by a 10 to 15 second scene with Barry, Cisco, and Kara, does not equal a cross over.

OMG - I agree with LOTS!

Maybe Kara or Alex told Elisa about Jeremiah previously, on the phone maybe.  Maybe a cut scene.

I'm also liking Lena!  Is she part of any comic arch?
Cats will never be extinct!

#5 G-man

G-man

Is there a problem?

• 8,568 posts

Posted 29 November 2016 - 10:25 AM

Hmmm ... when they talk cross-over, especially a 4-parter that covers four series, I think this would be considered the slow beginning to help ease the audience into the story-arc, and also reinforce the notion that Kara is the outsider here, since Flash, Green Arrow and Legends are already sharing their universe with each other.  

Admittedly, there does seem to be tendency nowadays to start stories off slowly as opposed to dropping the characters right in the middle of the action, as seen in episodic television of yesteryear.

/s/

Gloriosus
the G-man Himself
Let me strive every moment of my life to make myself better and better, to the best of my ability, so that all may profit by it.
Let me think of the right and lend my assistance to all who may need it, with no regard for anything but justice.
Let me take what comes with a smile, without loss of courage.
Let me be considerate of my country, of my fellow citizens, and my associates in everything I say and do.
Let me do right to all, and wrong no man.
-- Doc Savage

Few people want to be moderated, most people see the need for everyone else to be moderated. -- Orpheus

#6 Virgil Vox

Virgil Vox
  • 5,263 posts

Posted 29 November 2016 - 11:30 AM

I knew going in that this episode would have very little to do with the cross-over and that Barry and Cisco wouldn't be in the episode long. That said, I expected more than the minute we were actually given. They show up, Cisco and Kara geek out for a second, and Barry asks for help. Not even a mention of what they're up against. I had actually gotten my hopes up earlier when the portal opened during the Henshaw/Supergirl fight. I thought Flash would come screaming out of that portal and help Supergirl win the battle. No such luck.

Cisco saying that he and Barry being friends was overstating things and that they're just colleagues was a gut punch but makes total sense considering what's been happening on The Flash. Of course Cisco isn't over what Barry's little Flashpoint adventure caused.

Luckily, this was a strong episode of Supergirl that showed off everything great about this show. I was surprised at just how much this episode wrapped up.

Think about. J'onn just learned he was being turned into a White Martian and now he's cured of it. Lillian, the head of Cadmus, is arrested and more than likely exposed as the head of Cadmus. The big threat of Medusa is beaten. It's revealed that Lena didn't know about Cadmus, and she's the one who turns her mother in. Kara and Mon-El both know they like each other, even if they're not acting on it yet. Maggie and Alex are apparently dating now.

It was nice seeing Eliza again, and seeing them gather for a Thanksgiving feast where everyone but Kara wanted to reveal a secret. Alex trying to shut Jimmy and Winn down was hilarious. "Kara is not understanding. No, she's not. She's not." She does eventually get to come out to Eliza, who already knew. Then she gets a happy ending when Maggie reveals that she does like Alex and does want to pursue a relationship. I think this is the first time we even see Alex's apartment.

Not much here for Winn or Jimmy to do. No Guardian action, and they don't get to come clean to Kara. Still, the little time they had was used well and pretty funny.

Lena had a strong episode. Like LoTS, I understand her reaction when Supergirl accuses Lillian of running Cadmus. She thinks it's yet another person with the S symbol persecuting a Luthor. I loved that she tricked Lillian and ruined her plan. You have to feel for her. She obviously received no love from her mother growing up and was always made aware that she wasn't a real Luthor.

I'm also liking Lena!  Is she part of any comic arch?

There have been several iterations of Lena in the comics. Most of the time she is Lex's younger sister, usually biological but sometimes not. In most instances she is paralyzed. Lena was also the name of Lex's daughter, who he traded to Brainiac 13 for control of the future technology that infected Metropolis at the time. She came back during the massive Our Worlds At War event as an emissary for Brainiac. I believe in current continuity she is Lex's sister and is paralyzed because of Lex's actions.

She's also in Smallville as well as two episodes of the 80s Superboy TV series.

The romance between Kara and Mon-El is so much better than the one between Kara and Jimmy. I think part of that is there are no cliche obstacles in their path. Mon-El isn't currently dating anyone like Jimmy was. These are two people just now realizing that they're attracted to each other and not knowing exactly how to proceed. Add in the still there societal hatred and it's easy to see why they haven't just given in to their feeling yet.

I did laugh when Kara thought Mon-El was attracted to Eliza, not realizing that he was trying to make a good impression to win her over. It was nice to see Kara call Eliza mom several times. That was something that irked me last season. I understand that Kara was a young teen when she left Krypton so she knew her parents, but the way she talked about Eliza made it sound like she was a stranger.

Maybe Kara or Alex told Elisa about Jeremiah previously, on the phone maybe.  Maybe a cut scene.

I'm really hoping it was a cut scene, because not telling her would just be cruel.

Interesting that it was Kara's dad that created Medusa. And I could understand how, last season, the bad guys knew about Myriad. But how the hell did Cadmus even KNOW the project name Medusa, let alone what it was?

The only thing I can think of is that Lex somehow got a hold of a lot of information about Krypton and Lillian still has that information. It's a stretch but all I could think of. It's also possible that the Alura hologram had information about Medusa and that the traitor DEO agent accessed that information and passed it along to Lillian.

They also really need to stop having Hank use the "Cyborg Superman" thing, at least until they explain why he is called that.

I am right there with you. Yes, he's Cyborg Superman in the comics but it makes total sense there. He he just keeps spouting it at everyone he meets with no real reason to.

I doubt Lillian will remain jailed long. It will be interesting to see what happens to her and Cadmus.

Mon-El has a group of people after him. I wonder why? Either way, I liked the design of the ship and the look of the two robed figures.

There was fan speculation that this cross-over, or Flashpoint before that episodes aired, would merge the universes. I'm glad they haven't. It would cause a whole host of problems. In the Arrowverse (Arrow, The Flash, and Legends of Tomorrow) Green Arrow was the first costumed superhero to appear and everyone else followed after. Also, heroes and villains with superpowers didn't start showing up until a few years later and amazed and surprised everyone. If you merge universes, then you suddenly have a world where Superman has been operating for years and everyone knows about aliens and other meta-humans and Green Arrow suddenly isn't the first costumed crime fighter.
"You will give the people an ideal to strive towards. They will race behind you. They will stumble. They will fall. But in time, they will join you in the sun. In time, you will help them accomplish wonders."
--Jor-El

It's a recession when your neighbor loses his job: it's a depression when you lose yours.
-- Harry S. Truman

#7 Lord of the Sword

Lord of the Sword
  • Islander
  • 15,681 posts

Posted 29 November 2016 - 06:01 PM

View PostVirgil Vox, on 29 November 2016 - 11:30 AM, said:

Cisco saying that he and Barry being friends was overstating things and that they're just colleagues was a gut punch but makes total sense considering what's been happening on The Flash. Of course Cisco isn't over what Barry's little Flashpoint adventure caused.

I missed that, first time around. You're right, it was a gut punch. And Barry's face after he said that, showed Barry felt that gut punch.
"Sometimes you get the point of the sword, sometimes the edge, sometimes the flat of the blade (even if you're the Lord of the Sword) and sometimes you're the guy wielding it. But any day without the Sword or its Lord is one that could've been better  " ~Orpheus.

The Left is inclusive, and tolerant, unless you happen to think and believe different than they do~ Lord of the Sword

Looks like the Liberal Elite of Exisle have finally managed to silence the last remaining Conservative voice on the board.

“The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots & tyrants. It is it’s natural manure.” ~Thomas Jefferson

#8 RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes

Idealistic Cynic

• Demigod
  • 13,425 posts

Posted 29 November 2016 - 06:48 PM

View PostVirgil Vox, on 29 November 2016 - 11:30 AM, said:

There was fan speculation that this cross-over, or Flashpoint before that episodes aired, would merge the universes. I'm glad they haven't. It would cause a whole host of problems. In the Arrowverse (Arrow, The Flash, and Legends of Tomorrow) Green Arrow was the first costumed superhero to appear and everyone else followed after. Also, heroes and villains with superpowers didn't start showing up until a few years later and amazed and surprised everyone. If you merge universes, then you suddenly have a world where Superman has been operating for years and everyone knows about aliens and other meta-humans and Green Arrow suddenly isn't the first costumed crime fighter.
Yeah, that's the problem with adaptations, and one reason why I seldom have any enthusiasm for superhero shows or movies-- it's never the actual characters, or universe, that I'm interested in.
Please visit The RJDiogenes Store. Posted Image   And my Gallery. Posted Image And my YouTube Page. Posted Image And read Trunkards. Posted Image  And then there's my Heroes Essays.  Posted Image

#9 Lord of the Sword

Lord of the Sword
  • Islander
  • 15,681 posts

Posted 29 November 2016 - 10:03 PM

I'm assuming we're using this thread for all of the shows...if not, feel free to whooosh these comments to the right thread.

Regarding the Flash's 2nd night of the four parter.....

I no longer feel cheated. OMG! Holy sh*t, my mind is blown.

Cisco's feelings, completely understandable. And, IMO, he's actually taking it easy on Barry with his feelings. Hell, Cisco even managed to shut Felicity and her counter arguments down by telling her what Barry did. She literally had no answer, which is probably a first for her character.

Only just now are we getting a real picture of just how far reaching Flashpoint is. I remembered thinking that a one episode for Flashpoint seemed a bit small, but they're spending the entire season dealing with the ramifications of it. From Dig's daughter being erased, to Martin HAVING a daughter. To Barry's message from the future, saying that even HE shouldn't be trusted. Biggest shock, so far, was the change in the future newspaper...it's no longer written by Iris West-Allen. So something happens either to iris, or between Barry and Iris.

Loved the whole "Super Friends" hanger Star Labs has, which now belongs to Barry. Supergirl literally kicking all of their a$$es! Priceless. Her just hovering, taking their best shots, and just outright beating them down...She even had Oliver wanting to take a 5 minute break. LOL. Although, while understandable, the whole training against Supergirl really wouldn't have helped...Not unless the Dominators are Kryptonian. Aliens have different powers and abilities. As the team found out when they got Jedi mind tricked.

Loved Thea's comment about coming out of retirement: "Well, yeah. But it's Aliens." LOL. But it paled in comparison to Felicity's: Oh how cute, you're all going to just team up and go fight Aliens. Have you lost your minds!?" LOL

Absolutely LOVED this episode. In fact, going to re watch it right now.

Edited by Lord of the Sword, 29 November 2016 - 10:03 PM.

#10 sierraleone

sierraleone

All things Great and Mischievous

• Islander
  • 9,214 posts

Posted 29 November 2016 - 10:39 PM

Little behind, as I watch stuff on-line the next day, so skipped over LOTS post above (thanks for saying at the top it was about the Flash episode! :) )

Presumably Medusa, in its original formulation, would be deadly to humans, no? I mean, humans are aliens to Kryptonians, and this virus was to kill all non-Kryptonian life. So, in approximately a week, Cadmus figured out how to re-engineer it to be safe for humans? And figured out dispersal and everything else?

Seems Mon-El is someone's enemy… or even a wanted criminal :D Also, "Mon-El Daxam" really? If Daxamites don't have surnames it is just "Mon-El" or "Mon-El the Daxamite/of Daxam" if you prefer. Or do they have surnames and his last name just happens to match his planet's name? Or perhaps that is some alias? :D

I wonder if this Virus could some how be used in the Arrow/Flash/Legends 'verse against their Alien invasion?

Edited by sierraleone, 29 November 2016 - 10:50 PM.

Rules for surviving an Autocracy:

Rule#1: Believe the Autocrat.
Rule#2: Do not be taken in by small signs of normality.
Rule#3: Institutions will not save you.
Rule#4: Be outraged.
Rule#5: Don't make compromises.
Rule#6: Remember the future.
- Masha Gessen
Source: http://www2.nybooks....r-survival.html

#11 Virgil Vox

Virgil Vox
  • 5,263 posts

Posted 30 November 2016 - 10:40 AM

I'm assuming we're using this thread for all of the shows...if not, feel free to whooosh these comments to the right thread.

That was my intention. I figured it would be easier to discuss the cross-over this way.

The Flash portion of this episode was great, but it did feel a little rushed. I understand it would be hard to truly incorporate the Supergirl episode since it is in a different universe (Earth-38 apparently) but there still could have been a better set-up. That said, there was so much to love here.

Seeing all of the heroes gathered together like that was amazing. It was a good group to use. I liked how it allowed for a lot of interactions we don't normally see, like Stein and Caitlin and Cisco and Felicity and more great Oliver/Barry moments.

It was nice of Oliver to let Barry lead the team since he is the one who gathered the team and informed them of the threat. True, he lost all of their trust rather quickly because of the Flashpoint debacle but he gained it back by saving them all from mind control.

I loved seeing Supergirl interact with all of these heroes. She fit right in and just clicked with everyone. Her reactions to Oliver and Mick were priceless. I loved that all of the heroes couldn't do a thing to hurt her. She just hovered there, smiling, as they threw everything at her. I was afraid that they would make her easier to take down just to make the other heroes look better. Not only that, but she knew about the Dominators from her own universe.

I was a little peeved that we were getting a bunch of mind controlled heroes vs. Barry and Oliver but it worked. The entire sequence was tense, filled with some great moments, had lots of good action, and had Barry saving the day.

I understand where Iris is coming from and I also understand where Wally is coming from. Iris is worried about her brother and thinks he's a little too cocky now that he was super speed. She also knows he ends up getting killed in Flashpoint. Wally, though, is correct that he needs training in order to be a good hero and not to get hurt.

I loved that Wally did speed to the rescue even if he got taken out by Supergirl right after.

Okay, Barry owning the Hall of Justice is awesome. I so hope they use the name Justice League in one of these episodes.

Cisco's feelings, completely understandable. And, IMO, he's actually taking it easy on Barry with his feelings. Hell, Cisco even managed to shut Felicity and her counter arguments down by telling her what Barry did. She literally had no answer, which is probably a first for her character.

I agree. Cisco has every right to be upset at Barry. However, forcing Barry to tell everyone right before they face a giant threat seemed petty because all it did was divide the team and screw with everyone's head.

I also felt that Sara was hypocritical when she lectured Barry about messing with the time line. She would have killed Darkh the first time if her teammates hadn't intervened. She didn't care about any changes to the time line then. Later, she probably did change the time line when she revealed to Darkh that his plan wouldn't work and he would lose everyone he cared about.

From Dig's daughter being erased, to Martin HAVING a daughter.

Well, Martin having a daughter could be blamed on him. Remember, he told his younger self to treat their wife way better because she was the best thing that had ever happened to them. Maybe younger Stein took that to heart and became a better husband and agreed to have a child.

Biggest shock, so far, was the change in the future newspaper...it's no longer written by Iris West-Allen. So something happens either to iris, or between Barry and Iris.

That is a big shock, but it could be something as simple as Iris simply no longer works for that newspaper.

Although, while understandable, the whole training against Supergirl really wouldn't have helped...Not unless the Dominators are Kryptonian. Aliens have different powers and abilities. As the team found out when they got Jedi mind tricked.

True, the Dominators obviously have some tricks up their sleeves. However, none of the heroes have fought aliens before so going up against arguably the strongest alien on the planet would at least give them some idea about what they're facing.

Loved Thea's comment about coming out of retirement: "Well, yeah. But it's Aliens." LOL. But it paled in comparison to Felicity's: Oh how cute, you're all going to just team up and go fight Aliens. Have you lost your minds!?" LOL

I know. So many awesome lines in this episode. I'm so excited for the next part tonight.

Presumably Medusa, in its original formulation, would be deadly to humans, no? I mean, humans are aliens to Kryptonians, and this virus was to kill all non-Kryptonian life. So, in approximately a week, Cadmus figured out how to re-engineer it to be safe for humans? And figured out dispersal and everything else?

Well, they are supposed to be the best evil scientists around. I'm just chalking that up to comic book science.

Seems Mon-El is someone's enemy… or even a wanted criminal :D Also, "Mon-El Daxam" really? If Daxamites don't have surnames it is just "Mon-El" or "Mon-El the Daxamite/of Daxam" if you prefer. Or do they have surnames and his last name just happens to match his planet's name? Or perhaps that is some alias? :D

I think they said Mon-El of Daxam, but I'm not sure honestly.

I wonder if this Virus could some how be used in the Arrow/Flash/Legends 'verse against their Alien invasion?

I was thinking the same thing.
--Jor-El

-- Harry S. Truman

#12 Lord of the Sword

Lord of the Sword
  • Islander
  • 15,681 posts

Posted 30 November 2016 - 11:34 AM

View PostVirgil Vox, on 30 November 2016 - 10:40 AM, said:

I was a little peeved that we were getting a bunch of mind controlled heroes vs. Barry and Oliver but it worked. The entire sequence was tense, filled with some great moments, had lots of good action, and had Barry saving the day.

It was a good action sequence, but my main problem with it was this. When Oliver was carrying Wally, Dig fired like 2 or 3 shots...all of which missed. Dig doesn't miss THAT much. So I'm going to go with the assumption that some part of Dig was fighting the mind control, which allowed for the misses.

What I LOVED about Barry and Oliver versus the others was the way it happened. Oliver was trying to boost Barry's confidence up, telling him it wasn't his fault...then when the mind controlled heroes attacked: "You really did it this time, Barry. You show up, ask for my help, and inevitably we wind up the creek!" LOL.

I loved that Wally did speed to the rescue even if he got taken out by Supergirl right after.

Agreed. I don't know why Iris thinks that if Wally doesn't have a suit he's just going to sit at home. I get where Iris is coming from, but even she should know Wally isn't going to just sit on the sidelines. He wasn't sitting on the sidelines when he had no powers, now that he does...he damn sure isn't.

Okay, Barry owning the Hall of Justice is awesome. I so hope they use the name Justice League in one of these episodes.

That scene, where it's lighted up at night, was pure nerd gasm for me.

However, forcing Barry to tell everyone right before they face a giant threat seemed petty because all it did was divide the team and screw with everyone's head.

Agreed, but even this is understandable given what future Barry's message said. Future Barry told them not to trust present day Barry, so Cisco didn't.

I also felt that Sara was hypocritical when she lectured Barry about messing with the time line. She would have killed Darkh the first time if her teammates hadn't intervened. She didn't care about any changes to the time line then. Later, she probably did change the time line when she revealed to Darkh that his plan wouldn't work and he would lose everyone he cared about.

Completely agree. When she gave that speech to Barry I was like: What are you talking about? You've been trying to kill Dark from the beginning here, only your team stopped you from carrying it out.

Well, Martin having a daughter could be blamed on him. Remember, he told his younger self to treat their wife way better because she was the best thing that had ever happened to them. Maybe younger Stein took that to heart and became a better husband and agreed to have a child.

Good point, this change might solely be on Martin interacting with his younger self, and not Barry's fault at all.

That is a big shock, but it could be something as simple as Iris simply no longer works for that newspaper.

Again, very real possibility, but given this show...probably highly unlikely it is something as innocent as her working elsewhere, or having a promotion.

True, the Dominators obviously have some tricks up their sleeves. However, none of the heroes have fought aliens before so going up against arguably the strongest alien on the planet would at least give them some idea about what they're facing.

Even though Oliver told her not to hold back, she obviously was. She could've literally killed ALL of them within seconds. Well killing Barry might've taken a little longer, she would've had to catch him first ;)

#13 sierraleone

sierraleone

• Islander
  • 9,214 posts

Posted 30 November 2016 - 07:12 PM

So I have seen the Flash episode now :)

That was my intention. I figured it would be easier to discuss the cross-over this way.

Oh, I am good, don't worry about spoiling me. Luckily today I watch the show and am commenting before Arrow airs, but in any case I skip over posts if need be and get back to them later.

View PostLord of the Sword, on 29 November 2016 - 10:03 PM, said:

Only just now are we getting a real picture of just how far reaching Flashpoint is. I remembered thinking that a one episode for Flashpoint seemed a bit small, but they're spending the entire season dealing with the ramifications of it. From Dig's daughter being erased, to Martin HAVING a daughter.

I wouldn't put Martin's daughter at Barry's feet either. Barry's mom died 15ish years ago. When I was theorizing Martin had a daughter, I had roughly guess if she was born shortly after the Reagan/cold-war episode that she was about 30ish at the high end. And I roughly guessed 20 at the low end, because of my assumptions about Martin's wife's age and, to put it frankly, the end of her uterus's reproductive capabilities. Unless this daughter (no name yet provided IIRC) was adopted. So, this is Martin's/the Legends' doing, not Barry's.

I think part of the reason why I thought of Martin have a daughter is because in the time-line adult Barry was living with both of his live parents, I felt like the decision to let his mother die too easy. I guess I am just a sadist ;) But I wanted him to have a little sister that was only alive because his mother was, and see him chew on that.

I loved seeing Supergirl interact with all of these heroes. She fit right in and just clicked with everyone... Not only that, but she knew about the Dominators from her own universe.

I really hope that either their mind-control capabilities are new… Because if they were in Kara's universe/past that is sometime pretty big to omit (though maybe that wasn't in her history lessons ;) ). Same with Lyla really, if they used that 70 years ago on Earth that is some intel Lyla should have shared….

I wonder if this Virus could some how be used in the Arrow/Flash/Legends 'verse against their Alien invasion
I was thinking the same thing.

Now that we have more backstory, I think so. Kara made is seem it happened in relatively recent past before she was born (lets say 100 years). So that almost makes it sound like her father specifically made that weapon in response to the dominators deadly invasion.

Did they say where the Legend's newbies were? I mean, the story is cock-full of characters, I don't *want* more, even if they'd be useful, but explanation?

Also, when Heatwave called Kara/Supergirl Skirt, and he called her Supergirl later, *laughs*
One think I wanted Kara to do right after the skirt comment and she was walking with the others, was to casually say to the others "You know, we have a female President on my Earth." :D

Edited by sierraleone, 01 December 2016 - 05:05 PM.

- Masha Gessen

#14 Lord of the Sword

Lord of the Sword
  • Islander
  • 15,681 posts

Posted 30 November 2016 - 10:44 PM

I'm going to have to hold off commenting on the arrow's episode, somewhat...mainly because I don't know exactly why the Dominators chose these particular members? Out of all the members, only the Atom has super powers...although on the show it's only because of his suit. But if you were planning an invasion, wouldn't you want to distract the more powerful of your enemies?

It was nice, though, seeing all the old characters again...even if it was only a dream sequence.

Absolutely LOVED Felicity's line of: 'That's everything we can't handle.".

But Terrific's line of: "I get to hack Alien tech!" LOL. Just too funny.

#15 Virgil Vox

Virgil Vox
  • 5,263 posts

Posted 01 December 2016 - 10:26 AM

I'm not sure what to think of this episode. It was torn between being the 100th episode of Arrow and celebrating that milestone and being the second part of the Invasion cross-over and both parts suffered for it.

During the dream sequences all I could think was that they needed to hurry up and figure out what was going on because I just wasn't invested in this fake world. It was great seeing Laurel again, as well as Mr. and Mrs. Queen, but for me those parts just dragged on. It was a nice nod to the series and the milestone its reached but they didn't do anything that great with those sequences.

Still, there were some nice touches. Seeing the Lance sisters together again made me smile. I liked that Ray and Felicity were married; it was a nice nod to their relationship back in season 3. Seeing a happy Quentin was good, since he's been so lost lately. All the villains coming back was cool, though I wish they had gotten Deathstroke's actor back.

I did like Thea deciding (for a minute) to stay behind because she can't lose her family all over again. It was in character for her and a little heart breaking all at the same time.

The heroes not abducted didn't get to do a lot. I was surprised when it was just Cisco that went to the Arrow Cave. Supergirl is familiar with alien technology since she is an alien and she at least has some knowledge of the Dominators.

I get that Wild Dog is an opinionated jerk most of the time, but his anger at Flash and Supergirl felt really unjustified and not really necessary. I did like how he told the two heroes that Oliver would never have let him talk like that and they agreed.

Okay, it was odd that everyone was surprised that the Dominators, aliens who arrived in a space ship, would abduct people and take them to their ship in space.

Loved the Legends coming to the rescue in the Waverider.

I think part of the reason why I thought of Martin have a daughter is because in the time-line adult Barry was living with both of his live parents, I felt like the decision to let his mother die too easy. I guess I am just a sadist ;) But I wanted him to have a little sister that was only alive because his mother was, and see him chew on that.

Barry having a younger sibling that ceased to exist when he ended Flashpoint would have been a way to make his decision to end Flashpoint even harder and up the personal stakes. Still, I'm glad they didn't because he has enough guilt on his shoulders as is.

Did they say where the Legend's newbies were? I mean, the story is cock-full of characters, I don't *want* more, even if they'd be useful, but explanation?

I believe they said they were in the  Waverider waiting to act as back-up.

I'm going to have to hold off commenting on the arrow's episode, somewhat...mainly because I don't know exactly why the Dominators chose these particular members? Out of all the members, only the Atom has super powers...although on the show it's only because of his suit. But if you were planning an invasion, wouldn't you want to distract the more powerful of your enemies?

My guess is that the five people they abducted had some knowledge that the Dominators needed. I'm guessing the real reason they were abducted was because they all had connections to Arrow which could be used in the 100th episode.

Absolutely LOVED Felicity's line of: 'That's everything we can't handle.".

Same here. She always gets the best lines.
--Jor-El

-- Harry S. Truman

#16 Cybersnark

Cybersnark

NERV wants YOU!

• Islander
  • 2,567 posts

Posted 01 December 2016 - 01:09 PM

Well, Ray pointed out that they only grabbed non-metahumans (i.e., the only ones who wouldn't be able to physically overpower them).
"Hilarity ensues." --Seamus Harper

#17 sierraleone

sierraleone

• Islander
  • 9,214 posts

Posted 01 December 2016 - 05:20 PM

Saw the Arrow's episode.

While a bit slower, and bringing back near everyone from the Arrow shows's past, I liked it. Maybe because I stopped watching it this year, so a little bit more nostalgic for me ;) But yes, I agree, the weaker-link of the two episodes so far, but kind of hard to top Flash's, so maybe they thought why even bother for the middle episode? :)

View PostVirgil Vox, on 01 December 2016 - 10:26 AM, said:

Barry having a younger sibling that ceased to exist when he ended Flashpoint would have been a way to make his decision to end Flashpoint even harder and up the personal stakes. Still, I'm glad they didn't because he has enough guilt on his shoulders as is.

I think I was being such a sadist, because for Barry he was resetting the the original time-line so his life was the same as he has remember it for the last 15 years…. I am not saying re-loosing his parents wasn't hard, but he remembered a life without them, but he couldn't bear that his gain came at the brand new loss of Wally. I think that is really why he went back. Whatever he did, he did it because he was selfish. Understandable so, yes. Selfish to save his parents, selfish to let them die to save Wally. And he has already gone over the loss of his mother a few times, it seemed like old territory.

I don't know that I am explaining this well, but I guess I felt Barry should loose something he hadn't already lost. Not that it would make it up to his friends (in fact, other than Iris & her dad, they might see Barry as more of a monster - "you sacrificed your already lost parents, *and* your newly existing little sis/bro, to save Wally?"), nor would it make Barry's and other people's losses/changes equal (even Ramone's) - as it was something Barry got to choose. I just felt to balance the scales, Barry should loose something that he hadn't already lost. Something permanent, as I am sure Barry and Ramone's friendship will heal. So a life for a life sounds fitting, in my sadistic little thinking ;)

Edited by sierraleone, 01 December 2016 - 05:21 PM.

- Masha Gessen

#18 Lambsilencer

Lambsilencer

Shh... the lambs are sleeping...

• Islander
  • 6,685 posts

Posted 01 December 2016 - 06:16 PM

The episode sure felt like a bit of a letdown after "The Flash". But I think the "Arrow" episode was probably the toughest to create, if none other than the fact that Supergirl pretty much would make Team Arrow obsolete. Barry, while having the power of speed, is otherwise still very much a human who can be hurt by human weaponry and other means, so he can more easily be fitted into an "Arrow" story. But there, the villains are most often of the human kind (aside from Damien Darkh), and with someone like Kara around, their threat would simply become non-existent, as she'd have them wrapped up in a neat little package with a bow in five seconds while making Team Arrow completely useless.
So, I think, while the episode wasn't as strong as the one before in the crossover, it was probably best to keep it more focused on the "Arrow" mythology with the backflashes and memories, with which they did a good job. But the episode also showcased that a simple Arrow-Supergirl crossover with Kara in Star City would probably not work.

Greets
Lambsilencer

#19 RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes

Idealistic Cynic

• Demigod
  • 13,425 posts

Posted 01 December 2016 - 07:13 PM

I'm a little behind, as always. I just saw Supergirl today. Since I've never seen it before, much of it made no sense to me. Like other superhero shows and movies, I heard a lot of familiar names and terms, like Luthor and Fortress of Solitude, but they bore no resemblance to what I know. I enjoyed it for the most part, though.  The most important thing, of course, is Supergirl herself, and I can't say that they did anything wrong with her. I was afraid that they would make her gritty or macho to suit the times, but she was basically what she's supposed to be-- a nice, sweet kid who fights bad guys because they're bad and because she can.

Other characters, like Mon-El and Martian Manhunter were nothing like the characters I remember, unfortunately. Mon-El was never terribly interesting in the comics, but I always liked Martian Manhunter.

Supergirl's costume was pretty good. I always preferred the blue miniskirt, but that's just nostalgia.  Unlike what they do to Superman in the movies, she's got a nice straightforward superhero costume-- a little dark, but colorful enough.

As I said, much of the episode was gibberish to me, because I'm a newbie, but I really liked the Monopoly scene.  :lol:  And the fights were done pretty well.  I loved that scene just before they went to commercial break where Supergirl and Cyborg Superman rushed each other nose to nose-- it was composed like a cover or splash page.  The other battles seemed much in the tradition of classic superhero fights as well, such as the boxcar falling on Martian Manhunter.

Overall, not too bad. On the one hand, it did have that mainstream flavor that make most superhero shows uninteresting to me, but it also had some cool comic-book elements that were enjoyable.  Next up is Flash, I think.

#20 Lord of the Sword

Lord of the Sword
  • Islander
  • 15,681 posts

Posted 01 December 2016 - 10:24 PM

Alrighty...this is the Legends episode review....

DAMN!

First things first...I haven't been able to get Ray's line of: "See ya later, Dominator!" out of my head since I heard it. LOL. Hate when shows do that. LOL.

There was just SO much to love in this episode.

I'm glad Martin has decided not to erase his daughter...erasing her, even though she isn't part of the original timeline, would be cruel.

Loved Felicity and Cisco geeking out on the Waverider, only to be told to stay on the ship. Wasn't really wild about the whole shadow organization thing, but it did work to advance the plot. Especially when they did the battle scene, and kept flashing back to 1951 and you realized it was the same agent in both scenes. What the agents plans for "containing" Barry were, I haven't a clue. I mean seriously, how did they THINK that little attempt at Kidnapping was going to go?

Felicity's line of "This is a job for Supergilr." and then Barry taking exception to that. LOL.

Hands down, the best scenes were Cisco realizing that because he changed the timeline is why the Dominators were back, essentially making him no better then Barry. He finally REALLY understood why Barry tried what he tried, and his line to Barry: "You're no hero to me, you're my friend." actually made me misty eyed a little.

LOVED the scene where Oliver told Barry that he wasn't letting him go, and Barry smirked and said: "No offense, but you and what army?" and then he saw the army...even Heatwave. LOL

Firestorm transmuting the Meta bomb...just awesome!

Oliver trying to sideline Kara, while wrong, was completely in keeping with his character. Barry's line of: "She seemed angry, I didn't think she got angry." LOL.

How the Dominators are aware of Flashpoint is beyond me. And it made me wonder if Flashpoint affected the multiverse as well, if it also affects other planets...Although how THAT is possible is also beyond me.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Supergirl, The Flash, Arrow, Legends of Tomorrow, DC, CW

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users