The Flash CW DC

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Virgil Vox

Virgil Vox
  • 5,293 posts

Posted 06 December 2016 - 07:37 PM

Posted Image

With Alchemy and Savitar still looming threats, Barry (Grant Gustin) is unable to focus on the Christmas holiday, and especially his relationship with Iris (Candice Patton). Determined to stop Savitar, Barry goes to Earth-3 to get advice from Jay Garrick (guest star John Wesley Shipp). Wally (Keiynan Lonsdale) wants to help Barry fight Savitar and reveals that he's been training with H.R. (Tom Cavanagh), which doesn't go over well with Barry. As Cisco (Carlos Valdes) faces his first Christmas without his brother Dante (guest star Nicholas Gonzalez), old wounds are reopened.

"You will give the people an ideal to strive towards. They will race behind you. They will stumble. They will fall. But in time, they will join you in the sun. In time, you will help them accomplish wonders."
--Jor-El

It's a recession when your neighbor loses his job: it's a depression when you lose yours.
-- Harry S. Truman

#2 Lord of the Sword

Lord of the Sword
  • Islander
  • 15,681 posts

Posted 06 December 2016 - 09:24 PM

Loved this episode.

I'm actually glad that Julian isn't "evil" per se, but rather being used by Savitar. It's a refreshing change from the formula they've been using.

Loved seeing the Earth 3 version of the Trickster.

Where I'm a little confused though is: Julian uncovered the stone 4 years ago, so why wasn't Savitar around then? And, not for nothing, but throwing the stone that brings about the God of Speed into the speed force itself....Absolutely NO GOOD is going to come from doing THAT! I mean, I understood what they were saying about if they just buried it, it would call out to someone else. Why Barry didn't just drop it into lava or something, I don't know.

So, regarding the prophecy Savitar announced. I guess we know who the one who will fall is: iris. The one who will Betray I'm guessing is probably Cisco, and the one consumed by their Fate is most likely Caitlin. And speaking of Fate, who here doesn't see Barry running back in time to stop it, if Iris dies? I mean, he gave Cisco that whole speech about why he couldn't save Dante, but if Iris dies....Barry is going to go back in time, for sure. Consequences be damned.

Now we come to Savitar himself....Damn! The beat down he gave Jay....Damn! He even took out both Barry and Wally....I really don't see how they can match his speed.
"Sometimes you get the point of the sword, sometimes the edge, sometimes the flat of the blade (even if you're the Lord of the Sword) and sometimes you're the guy wielding it. But any day without the Sword or its Lord is one that could've been better  " ~Orpheus.

The Left is inclusive, and tolerant, unless you happen to think and believe different than they do~ Lord of the Sword

Looks like the Liberal Elite of Exisle have finally managed to silence the last remaining Conservative voice on the board.

“The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots & tyrants. It is it’s natural manure.” ~Thomas Jefferson

#3 Virgil Vox

Virgil Vox
  • 5,293 posts

Posted 07 December 2016 - 10:11 PM

I also loved this episode. It was a strong one and a good one to start the hiatus. I like that, while it definitely set up some major threads for future episodes, it didn't end on a cliffhanger. The plot was more or less wrapped up.

I wasn't happy about having yet another speedster as the main villain, especially since the writers did the exact same plot with both Reverse Flash and Zoom. I did not have high hopes for Savitar. This is me eating a plate of crow because so far he's been a completely different villain than the last two and I'm genuinely excited to see more of him.

He may have started as a man, but he is more or less a god now. He's given the beat down to Barry solo, Jay solo, and Barry and Wally together. None of them could even touch him. His speed goes way beyond either Reverse Flash or Zoom. As long as he doesn't need Barry's speed than we're good. If any part of his plan involves using Barry's speed though I'm going to be upset because than Savitar will be just like RF and Zoom.

While I don't see them killing off Iris, it is possible. We've seen on the various shows that the writers aren't afraid of killing main characters, though on Arrow it's become something of a revolving door.

Cisco seeing Dante was so sad and I completely understand him opening the box holding the stone just for the chance to reunite with his brother. Savitar played Cisco perfectly.

Glad that they finally gave Wally his Kid Flash suit. Obviously he wasn't going to stop using his powers so it's easier to train him and have him work with Barry than to force him to do everything on his own.

Loved seeing Jay again. I think it's awesome that they made John Wesley Shipp another Flash and have given him quite a bit to do.

Loved seeing the Earth 3 version of the Trickster.

Same here. He was definitely giving off a Joker vibe. Seriously, the man needs to be cast as a live action Joker in something. He would absolutely kill in the role, no pun intended.

So, regarding the prophecy Savitar announced. I guess we know who the one who will fall is: iris. The one who will Betray I'm guessing is probably Cisco, and the one consumed by their Fate is most likely Caitlin. And speaking of Fate, who here doesn't see Barry running back in time to stop it, if Iris dies? I mean, he gave Cisco that whole speech about why he couldn't save Dante, but if Iris dies....Barry is going to go back in time, for sure. Consequences be damned.

I don't know. I do agree with you but that just seems too easy. I figure the writers will throw a wrench in there somewhere. Maybe Barry does succeed in saving Iris but it causes someone else to die. Caitlin could easily turn traitor if she loses control of her powers again.

I think if Iris does die and Barry tries to run back in time that he will be against everyone. I think all of his friends, and Jay, would work to stop him. They don't want another Flashpoint, even if it does mean bringing Iris back.

I'm actually glad that Julian isn't "evil" per se, but rather being used by Savitar. It's a refreshing change from the formula they've been using.

I'm glad too. It is a nice change of pace and makes Julian a little more interesting.

Where I'm a little confused though is: Julian uncovered the stone 4 years ago, so why wasn't Savitar around then? And, not for nothing, but throwing the stone that brings about the God of Speed into the speed force itself....Absolutely NO GOOD is going to come from doing THAT! I mean, I understood what they were saying about if they just buried it, it would call out to someone else. Why Barry didn't just drop it into lava or something, I don't know.

Well, Jay did say something along the lines about Savitar only showing himself to speedsters that were worthy or something like that. It's also possible that Flashpoint played a role in it somehow, making whatever Savitar has planned possible.

Yeah, throwing a stone connected to a speedster who can access the speed force might not have been the best plan. I would have buried it far underneath STAR Labs in a vault with a ton of protection.
"You will give the people an ideal to strive towards. They will race behind you. They will stumble. They will fall. But in time, they will join you in the sun. In time, you will help them accomplish wonders."
--Jor-El

It's a recession when your neighbor loses his job: it's a depression when you lose yours.
-- Harry S. Truman

#4 Themis

Themis
  • Islander
  • 6,544 posts

Posted 08 December 2016 - 08:58 AM

Infantino Street!!! (The street sign!)  Nice nod to one of the greats.
Cats will never be extinct!

#5 Lord of the Sword

Lord of the Sword
  • Islander
  • 15,681 posts

Posted 08 December 2016 - 09:45 AM

View PostVirgil Vox, on 07 December 2016 - 10:11 PM, said:

He may have started as a man, but he is more or less a god now. He's given the beat down to Barry solo, Jay solo, and Barry and Wally together. None of them could even touch him. His speed goes way beyond either Reverse Flash or Zoom. As long as he doesn't need Barry's speed than we're good. If any part of his plan involves using Barry's speed though I'm going to be upset because than Savitar will be just like RF and Zoom.

Agree that if his plan is to steal the Flash's speed, it turns him into another RF or Zoom. Although, honestly, I really can't see that being his plan. He doesn't need more speed. He his literally faster that any other speedster we've encountered so far. Why would he need more speed?
"Sometimes you get the point of the sword, sometimes the edge, sometimes the flat of the blade (even if you're the Lord of the Sword) and sometimes you're the guy wielding it. But any day without the Sword or its Lord is one that could've been better  " ~Orpheus.

The Left is inclusive, and tolerant, unless you happen to think and believe different than they do~ Lord of the Sword

Looks like the Liberal Elite of Exisle have finally managed to silence the last remaining Conservative voice on the board.

“The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots & tyrants. It is it’s natural manure.” ~Thomas Jefferson

#6 Sci-Fi Girl

Sci-Fi Girl

Help me save Dark Matter!

• Islander
  • 4,965 posts

Posted 08 December 2016 - 05:52 PM

Two weeks ago, Julian saying "Bloody menace" made me way happier than it should have.  :angel:

And this week, he wears an Indiana Jones hat!!!  :drool:   *dies of happiness*   :fallover:

SFG
"A song is like a picture of a bird in flight; the bird was moving before the picture was taken, and no doubt continued after."   - Pete Seeger

Pete Seeger's life was a picture of an idea in flight, and the idea will continue long after.  As long as there are people with goodness and courage in their hearts, the idea will continue forever.

Posted Image   Posted Image

Check out my music threads:

Beautiful Music: Folk, Acoustic, Traditional, and World

A Celebration of Song Lyrics, New and Old: Just the poetry  (to include those with different musical tastes than me)

When Sci Fi Actors Sing

#7 Sci-Fi Girl

Sci-Fi Girl

• Islander
  • 4,965 posts

Posted 08 December 2016 - 06:53 PM

Hat pics!

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

SFG :hehe:
"A song is like a picture of a bird in flight; the bird was moving before the picture was taken, and no doubt continued after."   - Pete Seeger

Pete Seeger's life was a picture of an idea in flight, and the idea will continue long after.  As long as there are people with goodness and courage in their hearts, the idea will continue forever.

A Celebration of Song Lyrics, New and Old: Just the poetry  (to include those with different musical tastes than me)

When Sci Fi Actors Sing

#8 Sci-Fi Girl

Sci-Fi Girl

• Islander
  • 4,965 posts

Posted 08 December 2016 - 06:55 PM

Oh, and then tumblr gave this:

Posted Image

Posted Image

LOL!  :lol:

SFG

When Sci Fi Actors Sing

#9 Lord of the Sword

Lord of the Sword
  • Islander
  • 15,681 posts

Posted 09 December 2016 - 12:42 AM

^

LOL

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: The Flash, CW, DC

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users