• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Virgil Vox

Virgil Vox
  • 5,393 posts

Posted 07 December 2016 - 07:51 PM

Posted Image

Posted Image

After Prometheus attacks Curtis (Echo Kellum), Oliver (Stephen Amell) realizes Prometheus knows all of Team Arrow's secret identities and is planning to come for them one by one. Felicity (Emily Bett Rickards) and Detective Malone (guest star Tyler Ritter) discover a clue that links Prometheus to Oliver's past.

"You will give the people an ideal to strive towards. They will race behind you. They will stumble. They will fall. But in time, they will join you in the sun. In time, you will help them accomplish wonders."
--Jor-El

It's a recession when your neighbor loses his job: it's a depression when you lose yours.
-- Harry S. Truman

#2 Virgil Vox

Virgil Vox
  • 5,393 posts

Posted 07 December 2016 - 09:56 PM

That was a really good mid season finale. I have to say, this season of Arrow has really been on point and much better than the last two. Prometheus is really screwing with Oliver and his team.

I so want to know how Laurel is back, or if that even is Laurel. Maybe the Earth-2 version got loose?

Looks like Prometheus is the son of Claybourne, a man Oliver killed off his hit list back in season 1. That could still be a fake-out, mind, but it is a good motive for him to want revenge.

I do like how this season is just a giant callback to season 1 and how what Oliver did then is screwing with him now. Evelyn wasn't wrong in saying that Oliver was a serial killer. Yes, some of the men he killed totally deserved it but not all of them were evil with a capital E. Not to mention all the hired security men he killed who were just trying to earn a living. Then there's the fact that he is still killing people now. It makes sense that there would be someone out there who sees him as the real villain.

Evelyn's rather stupid, or just blind, to be working with Prometheus when he's no better than Oliver. I actually can agree with her line of thinking. Oliver has played judge, jury, and executioner a little too often, and he's still doing it. She wants to stop someone she sees as a cold blooded killer. However, she's teaming up with another cold blooded killer to stop Oliver. Prometheus has killed a ton of innocent people in his quest to bring down Oliver. If she's working with him then the blood of those people are on her hands.

I can totally understand Paul's reaction to finding out about Curtis moonlighting as a vigilante. Curtis has lied to him for months and kept this great big secret. He only reveals it when he has no choice, and doesn't really try to explain why he's doing it. Curtis basically just hemmed and hawed. I do hope the two get back together.

Oliver shooting Billy was such a heartbreaking scene. Oliver just crumbled when he discovered what he had done. Prometheus totally outsmarted him and played him for the fool. I'll miss Billy. It was nice to see Felicity move on from Oliver and I'm just a fan of Tyler Ritter.

Wild Dog is beginning to get on my nerves with his whole "I never listen or follow the rules" shtick. It's like, we get it, you don't like authority. That doesn't mean to just keep rushing into situations blindly just because someone told you not to. I was really hoping that after getting tortured by Church he'd wise up a little bit but nope.

When Diggle was telling everyone to protect their loved ones I expected Rory to say that he didn't have any loved ones anymore. I think he'd be the one Prometheus, or at least Evelyn, would try to recruit because the blame for his entire town being destroyed could be laid at Felicity's feet. She didn't launch the nuke but she did aim it.

I wonder if the strike team that arrested Diggle was there because Prometheus set it into motion, or if the military just finally figured out where he was. I'm leaning towards Prometheus but who knows?

Susan gave Oliver a drink from a Russian labeled bottle. I wonder if that's a hint that she is somehow connected to Prometheus and his Russian teacher, or if it's a hint that she knows Oliver was in Russia when he was supposed to be on the island, or if it's just a red herring.

So many cliffhangers for them to end on. Oliver and co. are definitely in a bad place and I don't see it getting better anytime soon, unfortunately.
"You will give the people an ideal to strive towards. They will race behind you. They will stumble. They will fall. But in time, they will join you in the sun. In time, you will help them accomplish wonders."
--Jor-El

It's a recession when your neighbor loses his job: it's a depression when you lose yours.
-- Harry S. Truman

#3 Lord of the Sword

Lord of the Sword
  • Islander
  • 15,681 posts

Posted 08 December 2016 - 02:06 AM

I am SO curious about Laurel being back....And how.

There were pictures of Oliver's team on the wall in Prometheus's place, and one of them looked to be Detective Lance with an X drawn over it. Wonder if that means he's dead, or just taken out because of his alcoholism?

I could SO accept Artemis's reasons for turning on Oliver, if she wasn't working with Prometheus, who is also a serial killer. It's kind of like joining forces with Jeffrey Damer, to fight Charles Manson.

I'm calling BS on the whole facial recognition of a baby. There is literally NO WAY that would've worked. It would've been just as easy for Felicity to uncover the son by reviewing his life in detail.

While a heartbreaking scene, Oliver killing Billy, I just kept shaking my head. Alright, Prometheus taped his mouth, probably glued or wired the weapon in his hand....But Billy still WALKED OUT BEHIND Oliver. The smart course of action would've been for Billy to crawl or something, until he could make the Arrow realize it was him and not Prometheus.

What did Oliver say about that move Prometheus did that surprised him? Lately my CW network has been glitching here and there during the 8PM time slot, and tonight it chose that particular moment to glitch out.

I'm also not buying that Prometheus is Claybourne's son. It all feels too easy, it fits together way too smoothly. Plus if it was Claybourne's son, why wouldn't he want to kill Oliver? Instead he wants to make him wish he were dead by taking everything away from him that he cares about....there's something else going on here we are missing.
"Sometimes you get the point of the sword, sometimes the edge, sometimes the flat of the blade (even if you're the Lord of the Sword) and sometimes you're the guy wielding it. But any day without the Sword or its Lord is one that could've been better  " ~Orpheus.

The Left is inclusive, and tolerant, unless you happen to think and believe different than they do~ Lord of the Sword

Looks like the Liberal Elite of Exisle have finally managed to silence the last remaining Conservative voice on the board.

“The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots & tyrants. It is it’s natural manure.” ~Thomas Jefferson

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Arrow, CW, DC

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users