Spoilers

Legends of Tomorrow 2-8, pic 1.jpg

Legends of Tomorrow 2-8, pic 2 - 1500 px.jpg

Legends of Tomorrow 2-8, pic 3.jpg

Legends of Tomorrow 2-8, pic 4.jpg

Legends of Tomorrow 2-8, pic 5.jpg

Legends of Tomorrow 2-8, pic 6 - 1500 px.jpg

Legends of Tomorrow 2-8, pic 7.jpg

The Legends travel to 1927 Chicago and quickly realize they have been set up by Eobard Thawne, Damien Darhk and the newest member of the Legion of Doom, Malcolm Merlyn. While everyone is trying to fix what they think is the mission, Jax encourages a reluctant Stein to share his secret with the other Legends. But Stein is taken captive and Sara must decide whether to stop the Legion of Doom or save Stein. Meanwhile, Rory gets an unexpected visitor and isn't sure how to handle it.

What is this, hat week?!?  What are they doing to me???  :sigh:

SFG

Promotional photo from www.farfarawaysite.com. :)
"A song is like a picture of a bird in flight; the bird was moving before the picture was taken, and no doubt continued after."   - Pete Seeger

Pete Seeger's life was a picture of an idea in flight, and the idea will continue long after.  As long as there are people with goodness and courage in their hearts, the idea will continue forever.

Posted Image   Posted Image

Check out my music threads:

Beautiful Music: Folk, Acoustic, Traditional, and World

A Celebration of Song Lyrics, New and Old: Just the poetry  (to include those with different musical tastes than me)

When Sci Fi Actors Sing

#2 Sci-Fi Girl

Sci-Fi Girl

Help me save Dark Matter!

• Islander
  • 4,985 posts

Posted 08 December 2016 - 10:19 PM

Well that was some episode!!! :eek3:

And that ending!!! :spew:

SFG
"A song is like a picture of a bird in flight; the bird was moving before the picture was taken, and no doubt continued after."   - Pete Seeger

Pete Seeger's life was a picture of an idea in flight, and the idea will continue long after.  As long as there are people with goodness and courage in their hearts, the idea will continue forever.

A Celebration of Song Lyrics, New and Old: Just the poetry  (to include those with different musical tastes than me)

When Sci Fi Actors Sing

#3 Lord of the Sword

Lord of the Sword
  • Islander
  • 15,681 posts

Posted 09 December 2016 - 12:37 AM

Well I guess I'm going to probably be the lone voice of descent, regarding this episode.

The bromance between Ray and Steel is just grating on my nerves. Both of them acting like a bunch of Jr High teens. Extremely irritating. And still not liking the new Atom/mini Iron man suit.

But here are my main problems with the episode. We'll start with Elliot Ness. Why the hell wouldn't Capone have just put a bullet in Ness's head, then dumped the body?

Moving along to the real main problem...the Reverse Flash. He is without doubt more powerful then the entire Legends team put together, so how any of them survived is beyond me. And I guess he altered the device that allowed him to impersonate Wells, which killed the original Wells, but he altered it so that it wouldn't kill Stein....WHY? Why would he care whether or not Stein lived? Also, why wouldn't Jax have felt what was happening to Stein?

And for a assassin trained by the League of Shadows, Sarah's aim with a gun is sorely lacking. She should've taken out Capone's boarding men with one shot each.

But speaking of bad shots...The Truck robbery. OMG! The A Team from the 80's had better aim then everyone involved with THAT scene.

The biggest promo for this episode was the return of Capt Cold....And once again, I feel cheated. Instead of actually having Cold back, we have Mick hallucinating him. WTF! Why is Mick, all of a sudden, out of the blue, seeing Cold in his head?

Also, a little side note...just handing Capone's ledger over to Ness isn't going to work. There is literally no way, now, of proving whose Ledger it is. No way of actually connecting it to Capone.

Why the hell would Sarah give the real device to the Reverse Flash? She could've easily had Gideon create a fake, that seemed real but with a minor defect or something. But, whatever...So this device leads to the Spear of Destiny, the Spear that pierced Jesus. Fine. No problem. Oh wait...HUGE problem. Why the hell does the Reverse Flash NEED a amulet that will point to the spear of destiny when he could literally go back in time, to right after the spear pierced Jesus, and THEN just zip in and take the spear????

And why is Rip Hunter not only directing a movie, but why is he no longer British?

Edited by Lord of the Sword, 09 December 2016 - 12:39 AM.

"Sometimes you get the point of the sword, sometimes the edge, sometimes the flat of the blade (even if you're the Lord of the Sword) and sometimes you're the guy wielding it. But any day without the Sword or its Lord is one that could've been better  " ~Orpheus.

The Left is inclusive, and tolerant, unless you happen to think and believe different than they do~ Lord of the Sword

Looks like the Liberal Elite of Exisle have finally managed to silence the last remaining Conservative voice on the board.

“The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots & tyrants. It is it’s natural manure.” ~Thomas Jefferson

#4 Sci-Fi Girl

Sci-Fi Girl

• Islander
  • 4,985 posts

Posted 09 December 2016 - 01:41 AM

I don't know where to start with this, but for now:

Is anyone else worried that Stein's daughter is suddenly in big danger?  Because Sarah inadvertently mentioned her to fake Stein AKA Thawn ... Who now knows she exists.  He will probably mess with her at some point.

SFG

When Sci Fi Actors Sing

#5 sierraleone

sierraleone

All things Great and Mischievous

• Islander
  • 9,215 posts

Posted 09 December 2016 - 09:04 PM

View PostLord of the Sword, on 09 December 2016 - 12:37 AM, said:

Well I guess I'm going to probably be the lone voice of descent, regarding this episode.
Moving along to the real main problem...the Reverse Flash. He is without doubt more powerful then the entire Legends team put together, so how any of them survived is beyond me. And I guess he altered the device that allowed him to impersonate Wells, which killed the original Wells, but he altered it so that it wouldn't kill Stein....WHY? Why would he care whether or not Stein lived? Also, why wouldn't Jax have felt what was happening to Stein?

After the Reverse Flash impersonated Wells could he "turn it off" and look like his old self again? Maybe he couldn't, and maybe he wanted to modify it so he had more control over the transformation?

And why is Rip Hunter not only directing a movie, but why is he no longer British?

And why the heck has he not created a time anomaly yet :D Not exactly a low profile gig, unless he is *that* un-noteworthy ;) Maybe that is why he is all so cranky, he isn't making any waves Gideon et al have picked up yet :D

Edited by sierraleone, 09 December 2016 - 09:05 PM.

Rules for surviving an Autocracy:

Rule#1: Believe the Autocrat.
Rule#2: Do not be taken in by small signs of normality.
Rule#3: Institutions will not save you.
Rule#4: Be outraged.
Rule#5: Don't make compromises.
Rule#6: Remember the future.
- Masha Gessen
Source: http://www2.nybooks....r-survival.html

#6 Lord of the Sword

Lord of the Sword
  • Islander
  • 15,681 posts

Posted 10 December 2016 - 01:25 AM

View Postsierraleone, on 09 December 2016 - 09:04 PM, said:

After the Reverse Flash impersonated Wells could he "turn it off" and look like his old self again? Maybe he couldn't, and maybe he wanted to modify it so he had more control over the transformation?

That could be, I suppose. My brain still hurts when I think about the Reverse Flash still being alive, after Eddie (his ancestor) killed himself....There really should be no reverse flash in existence after that.
"Sometimes you get the point of the sword, sometimes the edge, sometimes the flat of the blade (even if you're the Lord of the Sword) and sometimes you're the guy wielding it. But any day without the Sword or its Lord is one that could've been better  " ~Orpheus.

The Left is inclusive, and tolerant, unless you happen to think and believe different than they do~ Lord of the Sword

Looks like the Liberal Elite of Exisle have finally managed to silence the last remaining Conservative voice on the board.

“The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots & tyrants. It is it’s natural manure.” ~Thomas Jefferson

#7 sierraleone

sierraleone

• Islander
  • 9,215 posts

Posted 10 December 2016 - 11:18 AM

^ Was it absolutely clear he was a direct ancestor and not just an ancestor? I mean, my great great great Aunt is an ancestor, but not directly. Maybe Eddie was his g-g-g-g-g-great uncle? Enough to mess with the timeline a little due to his influence in his sibling's life, and dislodge Reverse Flash a little (maybe Eddie introduce his sibling to their lover).

And even if that is not the case, we do not know all the other changes Barry made to the timeline since coming back from Flash-point ;) We haven't heard anything about Eddie - not surprising but maybe Eddie and Iris were not a couple, or maybe they broke it off and they fought off Reverse Flash some other way :)

Edited by sierraleone, 11 December 2016 - 03:22 PM.

- Masha Gessen

#8 Sci-Fi Girl

Sci-Fi Girl

• Islander
  • 4,985 posts

Posted 10 December 2016 - 11:39 AM

^ Or maybe it's because of what my status has said since it happened:  "Eddie's in the space-time continuum"!  :lol:

Probably not seriously, but hey!  :hehe:

SFG

Edited by Sci-Fi Girl, 10 December 2016 - 11:40 AM.

When Sci Fi Actors Sing

#9 sierraleone

sierraleone

• Islander
  • 9,215 posts

Posted 10 December 2016 - 12:08 PM

Or maybe the mother of Eddie's child ended up with a brother of Eddie instead ;) Maybe the genetics were similar enough to work, assuming they were not completely identical. Or maybe Eddie was never the genetic father of his kid anyways :D

Edited by sierraleone, 10 December 2016 - 12:09 PM.

- Masha Gessen

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: DCs Legends of Tomorrow, DCs Legends of Tomorrow: S2

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users