Cybersnark

NERV wants YOU!

• Islander
  • 2,570 posts

Posted 21 December 2016 - 10:29 PM

Posted Image
My god, Zack isn't useless.

Episode 37: Battle For Chryse

We've heard McGillis explain how the original Gundam pilots "sacrificed themselves" to use the Alaya-Vijnana system, but we never fully understood what that meant until now.

Spoiler
The animation very carefully avoids showing us McGillis' reaction to Vidar's revelation, though I do note his dark look toward Isurugi when the latter mentions reminding Tekkadan of their place. C'mon Isurugi, I thought you were better than that.

I love that Orga doesn't even consider removing the limiters --unlike other leaders who would at least wrestle with it, the possibility of deliberately sacrificing his men isn't even an option for him.

Someone with medical training can correct me, but the fact that Mikazuki's arm and eye work when he's plugged into Barbatos suggests that whatever's wrong with them is in his central nervous system, right? As opposed to the brain (still sending signals) or the body parts (still functional) themselves. If so, it means that the damage can (in theory) be bypassed or even repaired, perhaps through an upgrade to the Alaya-Vijnana system.

It also occurs to me that this "berserker" effect could probably be bypassed by hacking the Gundams' recognition package and convincing them that the Bird is not, in fact, a mobile armour --no mobile armour, no trigger.

Judging by the preview, I'm about to get my wish for Julieta's reaction to Tekkadan in a real fight.
"Hilarity ensues." --Seamus Harper

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Gundam, mecha, military science fiction

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users