#1 Cybersnark

Cybersnark

NERV wants YOU!

• Islander
  • 2,571 posts

Posted 27 December 2016 - 06:50 PM

Posted Image

Episode 38: Hunter of Angels

After Tekkadan's pyrrhic victory, Orga, McGillis, Iok, and Julieta re-evaluate their futures. Mikazuki has already decided on his.

Spoiler
When I saw that timeskip, I was afraid the show was going to cheat us out of the fight, but this is typical of how this series operates, more interested in the character drama than in drawn-out mecha slugfests. Besides, this wasn't going to be a long fight either way.

I'm becoming more interested in Julieta and Iok's arcs than Orga and Mika; Mika's loyalty to Orga has never been in question, and there's still no telling how Naze's wakeup call will affect Orga. Naze is right, of course. It's all well and good to say that the journey is as important as the destination, but Orga doesn't even really have a destination --he has no idea what being King of Mars will entail.

Julieta meanwhile, is starting to want things, for herself, which is dangerous when you work for someone like Rustal.

Should it worry me that I can follow Atra's train of logic (hoping that having a baby will change Mikazuki like losing the use of his body hasn't)?

Based on Isurugi's report, if Kimaris was rebuilt into the Vidar, it's possible that Lord Bauduin (Gaelio's father) is already a secret member of Rustal's bloc --Kimaris could only have come from him. This would mean that Rustal could swing a council vote (Rustal, Kujan, and Bauduin against Fareed and Issue). It also means that Rustal might not be bluffing when he threatens to drop Iok; Iok's political support is useful, but not critical.

I keep finding engineering solutions to Mika's handicap: if Mika can still pilot a mobile worker (meaning he hasn't become permanently locked to Barbatos exclusively), then it should be simple to salvage the Alaya-Vijnana jacks from a scrapped mobile worker (I know they have no shortage) and create an AV-driven wheelchair for him. Hell, even a wearable AV backpack might be enough to give him some function back. Even without tampering with the Alaya-Vijnana's code, these should be well within Nadi's capability.
"Hilarity ensues." --Seamus Harper

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Gundam, mecha, military science fiction

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users