• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Lover of Purple

Lover of Purple

Mustang Man

• Retired Board Owner
  • 11,213 posts

Posted 05 January 2017 - 01:54 AM

Ford is now saying that by 2020 they will produce the first hybrid Mustang. Looks like it will utilize one of the ecoboost V6 and have the power of the V8 but with more torque. No other details yet.

http://www.msn.com/e...ReBb?li=BBnb4R5

The article also mentions the new F150 Raptor. The Raptor will also get an ecoboost V6 and this one will put out 450 HP. This engine version will only be available in the Raptor.

Looks like the Bronco and Ranger pickup will return too.

Good things from my favorite car company :)

#2 M.E.

M.E.
  • Islander
  • 7,795 posts

Posted 11 January 2017 - 11:36 PM

So you're not opposed to them messing with perfection?

I always thought if I had disposable income that I would have a car built exactly the way I want it.

I would start with the body/shell and chassis of a 57 Chevy.  Mostly because It would be safe.  Kinda like driving a tank.  Then I would  give it all the comforts of modern car accessories.  Air conditioning, FOB for doors trunk and auto starting...

Whenever I would tell guys that I wanted to do that, I was met with a resounding round of boos for messing with a classic.

#3 Orpheus

Orpheus

I'm not the boss of you!

• Administrator
  • 17,598 posts

Posted 12 January 2017 - 02:04 AM

To me, that was the point of  the hotrodding era --make what you want, from the palette of all the parts you can buy/modify-- and the tragedy of the end of hot-rodding.

I'm what we used to call a hacker (before that term became primarily computer-focused) and now call a maker (though that doesn't automatically imply fixing/modifying, which I've loved to do, above all, be it machines, humans, groups or anything else) -- so to me, the hot-rodder is the pinnacle of Car-Love. To me, a purist collector.is more like a clerk, a stamp collector, a trainspotter, while a hot-rodder is more like a lover: working with what s/he loves, getting elbow deep in the nitty-gritty-and-not-always-pretty, because you really know/love the subject of your obsession, rather than just the ideal of it. It's easy to buy a pristine model -- that's just money, like getting candy/baseball cards from the 5&10 as small children, but with bigger numbers.

Truly understanding what is, what could be, what you want, how to get there, and still loving it even if it fought you all the way and didn't turn out as you hoped/imagined... Well, that may not be a definition of love, but it's sure better than a lot of things that pass for love/romance/caring these days. Love ain't "obtaining perfection"; it's "working hard at it, and being damned happy with what you finally got, because you understand".

#4 M.E.

M.E.
  • Islander
  • 7,795 posts

Posted 13 January 2017 - 05:36 AM

Thanks, Orpheus.

This is kind of a no-brainer but, I decided it was worth saying that of course the car, whatever it turned out to be, would be the color purple.

#5 gsmonks

gsmonks

Tree Psychiatrist

• Islander
  • 4,829 posts

Posted 13 January 2017 - 07:31 PM

I've been after Ford for many years to produce a motor bike. Maybe after the hybrid they'll get at it.
Capitalism is a pyramid scheme run by the 1%.

#6 Lover of Purple

Lover of Purple

Mustang Man

• Retired Board Owner
  • 11,213 posts

Posted 13 January 2017 - 08:37 PM

Any new Mustang is good, it allows more people to enjoy the greatest (my opinion of course :) ) car ever built. Especially since the V8 will still be around.

Now if only Ford would keep a good purple in their color choices!

Hot rodding (and customizing) is definitely the peak of car love!

A Ford motor bike....hmmmmmmm, Yeah, I could get behind that. A long as it comes in purple

#7 gsmonks

gsmonks

Tree Psychiatrist

• Islander
  • 4,829 posts

Posted 14 January 2017 - 07:53 AM

I associate purple with the 60's, along with root beer brown, avocado green, baby sh!t brown (that's what the dealers called it), mustard yellow, cars and appliances.
Capitalism is a pyramid scheme run by the 1%.

#8 Captain Jack

Captain Jack

Where's the rum?

• Islander
  • 14,913 posts

Posted 02 October 2017 - 11:28 PM

A hybrid Mustang is an abomination. However a hydrogen-powered V-8 would be the muscle car of the future! :)
Posted Image
689 Reasons to Defeat Barack Obama in 2012:

https://www.national...at-barack-obama

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users