• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1 Lord of the Sword

Lord of the Sword
  • Islander
  • 15,681 posts

Posted 05 January 2017 - 12:15 PM

http://www.foxnews.c...ite-people.html

So how is the Mayor's declaration that Chicago is a "Safe city" where people are "Safe and protected" working out?

What really amazes me is that right now there are no charges. If the races were reversed, hate crime charges would've already been presented.
"Sometimes you get the point of the sword, sometimes the edge, sometimes the flat of the blade (even if you're the Lord of the Sword) and sometimes you're the guy wielding it. But any day without the Sword or its Lord is one that could've been better  " ~Orpheus.

The Left is inclusive, and tolerant, unless you happen to think and believe different than they do~ Lord of the Sword

Looks like the Liberal Elite of Exisle have finally managed to silence the last remaining Conservative voice on the board.

“The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots & tyrants. It is it’s natural manure.” ~Thomas Jefferson

#2 sierraleone

sierraleone

All things Great and Mischievous

• Islander
  • 9,215 posts

Posted 05 January 2017 - 01:04 PM

Did you not read your own link? They are in custody and formal charges are expected to be filed today. Paperwork isn't instant. Can I assume you want the proper procedures to be followed so that the people who acted criminally don't get off on a technicality?

Cops became aware of the footage Tue afternoon. They had the suspects in custody Wed. Charges expected to be filed today.

Another link I read said the person victimized was reported missing earlier this week. So Sun, Mon, or Tue.

Edited by sierraleone, 05 January 2017 - 01:09 PM.

Rules for surviving an Autocracy:

Rule#1: Believe the Autocrat.
Rule#2: Do not be taken in by small signs of normality.
Rule#3: Institutions will not save you.
Rule#4: Be outraged.
Rule#5: Don't make compromises.
Rule#6: Remember the future.
- Masha Gessen
Source: http://www2.nybooks....r-survival.html

#3 yadda yadda

yadda yadda
  • Islander
  • 1,503 posts

Posted 05 January 2017 - 02:10 PM

If this story is accurately reported, and I must say I'm generally skeptical of your source for good reason, then this is a tragic incident of hatred and abuse. But it's worth noting, LoTS, that I can't recall your posting about or registering your indignation or anger about the thousands of violent hate crimes and incidents of vandalism such as swastikas and white supremacy and anti-Semitic slogans that have occurred and are on a sharp uptick since your boy's election in November. All we ever hear seem to hear about from you concerns African-American crime and transgressions. Perhaps a visit to the optometrist to check out your one-way tunnel vision is in order?

#4 Niko

Niko
  • Watchdog
  • 2,314 posts

Posted 05 January 2017 - 02:29 PM

^ Amen.
- Whatsoever you do to the least of my people, that you do unto me.    (Matthew 25:40)

- Do not let kindness and truth leave you; Bind them around your neck, Write them on the tablet of your heart.  (Proverbs 3:3)

#5 Lord of the Sword

Lord of the Sword
  • Islander
  • 15,681 posts

Posted 05 January 2017 - 02:45 PM

View Postyadda yadda, on 05 January 2017 - 02:10 PM, said:

If this story is accurately reported, and I must say I'm generally skeptical of your source for good reason, then this is a tragic incident of hatred and abuse. But it's worth noting, LoTS, that I can't recall your posting about or registering your indignation or anger about the thousands of violent hate crimes and incidents of vandalism such as swastikas and white supremacy and anti-Semitic slogans that have occurred and are on a sharp uptick since your boy's election in November. All we ever hear seem to hear about from you concerns African-American crime and transgressions. Perhaps a visit to the optometrist to check out your one-way tunnel vision is in order?

I posted this, and IIRC, the video of the driver in Chicago (Again in Chicago, go figure) of the white guy that got beaten after a traffic accident by 4 Black men, all yelling "Don't vote Trump", mainly because your mainstream media DOESN'T report these things. As far as the Liberal mainstream media is concerned, crimes against white people don't matter.

However, you do have a fair and valid point about Hate Crimes by White Racists.
"Sometimes you get the point of the sword, sometimes the edge, sometimes the flat of the blade (even if you're the Lord of the Sword) and sometimes you're the guy wielding it. But any day without the Sword or its Lord is one that could've been better  " ~Orpheus.

The Left is inclusive, and tolerant, unless you happen to think and believe different than they do~ Lord of the Sword

Looks like the Liberal Elite of Exisle have finally managed to silence the last remaining Conservative voice on the board.

“The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots & tyrants. It is it’s natural manure.” ~Thomas Jefferson

#6 yadda yadda

yadda yadda
  • Islander
  • 1,503 posts

Posted 05 January 2017 - 03:07 PM

White racists are one problem, black racists another. Any kind of racist is a problem. Violently inclined homophobes of any color are another. Here's a small microcosm of just one incident in Los Angeles, where such hate crimes have spiked 24% in the past year (wonder what could have caused that?)

http://www.latimes.c...0103-story.html

Just to check the shoe you put on your other foot, LoTS, when's the last time you heard ANYTHING about white racist crime or homophobic violence or vandalism on any of your "non-mainstream media", including Fox? Fair and balanced? Yeah, right.

ETA: Looks like I jacked up the link somehow. It was about a gay couple's house being practically destroyed by "burglars" who took the time to spray paint anti-gay epithets over the damage they caused. You can find it by searching "Los Angeles gay couple's home destroyed in hate crime".

Edited by yadda yadda, 05 January 2017 - 04:12 PM.

#7 Elara

Elara

Feel the silence of the moonlight.

• Watchdog
  • 2,905 posts

Posted 05 January 2017 - 03:17 PM

Here ya go, yadda:

LAPD investigate anti-gay vandalism as hate crime at Van Nuys home

From the article:

According to a report issued in September by the county’s Commission on Human Relations, the number of hate crimes in the county rose sharply in 2015, the most recent year for which data is available. A total of 483 hate crimes were reported, a 24% increase from 2014.
Of those, 120 hate crimes were motivated by sexual orientation — an 11% increase from the previous year.
Officials said the overall spike came after a roughly seven-year period that saw a downward trend for reported hate crimes.

El
~ blue crystal glows, the dark side unseen, sparkles in scant light, from sun to planet, to me in between ~

I want a job in HRC's "shadow" cabinet. Good pay, really easy hours, lots of time off. Can't go wrong.

"You have a fair and valid point here. I've pointed out, numerous times, that the Left's or Democrats always cry "Racist" whenever someone disagrees with them. I failed to realize that the Right or Republicans do the same thing with "Liberal"." ~ LotS

#8 yadda yadda

yadda yadda
  • Islander
  • 1,503 posts

Posted 05 January 2017 - 03:51 PM

View PostElara, on 05 January 2017 - 03:17 PM, said:

Here ya go, yadda:

LAPD investigate anti-gay vandalism as hate crime at Van Nuys home

From the article:

According to a report issued in September by the county’s Commission on Human Relations, the number of hate crimes in the county rose sharply in 2015, the most recent year for which data is available. A total of 483 hate crimes were reported, a 24% increase from 2014.
Of those, 120 hate crimes were motivated by sexual orientation — an 11% increase from the previous year.
Officials said the overall spike came after a roughly seven-year period that saw a downward trend for reported hate crimes.

Thanks, my tech angel.  :)

#9 yadda yadda

yadda yadda
  • Islander
  • 1,503 posts

Posted 05 January 2017 - 04:08 PM

*quoted when intended to edit*

Edited by yadda yadda, 05 January 2017 - 04:11 PM.

#10 sierraleone

sierraleone

• Islander
  • 9,215 posts

Posted 05 January 2017 - 04:33 PM

Here ya go, charged with a hate crime on top of aggravated: kidnapping, battery and unlawful restraint. Expected to appear in court tomorrow.

https://www.washingt...m=.1a3f84229866

Edited by sierraleone, 05 January 2017 - 05:24 PM.

- Masha Gessen

#11 yadda yadda

yadda yadda
  • Islander
  • 1,503 posts

Posted 05 January 2017 - 06:00 PM

View Postsierraleone, on 05 January 2017 - 04:33 PM, said:

Here ya go, charged with a hate crime on top of aggravated: kidnapping, battery and unlawful restraint. Expected to appear in court tomorrow.

https://www.washingt...m=.1a3f84229866

Gee, a story about it in the Washington Post. Too bad this kind of stuff never gets into the mainstream media like LoTS suggests.

#12 gsmonks

gsmonks

Tree Psychiatrist

• Islander
  • 5,078 posts

Posted 06 January 2017 - 11:25 AM

50 years each.

Did you see/read Don Lemon's response? What an ass!

Great way to kick off the Year Of The Stoopid, though. Take out your hatred of Trump on a harmless mentally-ill guy. Makes perfect sense if you're stoopid.

Edited by gsmonks, 06 January 2017 - 11:32 AM.

Capitalism is a pyramid scheme run by the 1%.

#13 Elara

Elara

• Watchdog
  • 2,905 posts

Posted 07 January 2017 - 12:55 AM

View Postyadda yadda, on 05 January 2017 - 03:51 PM, said:

Thanks, my tech angel.  :)

I don't know about the "tech" part, but you are welcome. :angelnot:
El
~ blue crystal glows, the dark side unseen, sparkles in scant light, from sun to planet, to me in between ~

I want a job in HRC's "shadow" cabinet. Good pay, really easy hours, lots of time off. Can't go wrong.

"You have a fair and valid point here. I've pointed out, numerous times, that the Left's or Democrats always cry "Racist" whenever someone disagrees with them. I failed to realize that the Right or Republicans do the same thing with "Liberal"." ~ LotS

#14 Lord of the Sword

Lord of the Sword
  • Islander
  • 15,681 posts

Posted 07 January 2017 - 01:54 AM

View Postgsmonks, on 06 January 2017 - 11:25 AM, said:

50 years each.

Did you see/read Don Lemon's response? What an ass!

Great way to kick off the Year Of The Stoopid, though. Take out your hatred of Trump on a harmless mentally-ill guy. Makes perfect sense if you're stoopid.

Yes, I saw the racist Don Lemon's response. And yes, given his response is why I'm calling Lemon a racist.

#15 sierraleone

sierraleone

• Islander
  • 9,215 posts

Posted 07 January 2017 - 08:57 AM

I don't know if any posted about it here last year, but I remember a similar incident happening in Idaho, but the races reversed, and justice was not nearly as swift, and justice was left wanting in that case. People asked then, probably some facetiously, whether there would be this lack of justice if the races were reversed.

October 2015, Dietrich Idaho: four football teammates, male, 16-18 years old, were in the locker room after practice. Three of them were white, one of them was disabled and black. There appears to have been a history of harassing this black disabled teen young man, including racial harassment, that came out afterwards. This day it culminated in the three white young men, using a coat hanger, forcible sodomized their black disabled teammate.

This resulted in internal injuries requiring hospitalization. So despite there not being a Facebook video, there is no doubt a crime occurred. And the victim is on a sports team, and he testified in court, so whatever his disability is it does not prevent him from communicating to identify who the perpetrators are. I suppose he may have have been afraid to name them, the details are a little unclear. But you backtrack his day's activities it shouldn't be too hard to find potential suspects.

March 4, 2016: 4-5 months later charges were filed against the three teens.

March 22, 2016: Following the arrests of the other two(?), the third (and oldest) was arrested in Texas.
(He must have a connection in/to Texas and/or moved, as newer stories are naming him and saying of "of Keller, TX".)

Dec 16, 2016:

John R.K. Howard, 19, of Keller, Tex., pleaded guilty to a felony count of injury to a child and will be sentenced to two to three years of probation and up to 300 hours of community services, according to the Twin Falls Times-News.

A judge will decide the final sentence in February. The Alford plea Howard submitted allows him to maintain his innocence while acknowledging that prosecutors probably would have won a conviction against him if the case had gone to trial.

What the heck is this crap? Heck, from the Twin Falls Times-News link they provided:

Read more here: http://www.idahostat...l#storylink=cpy

Deputy Attorney General Casey Hemmer said that if the case had gone to trial, prosecutors would have proved that Howard kicked a coat hanger into the victim's rectum after another football play put the hanger there.

"It was egregious behaviour, it caused this victim a lot of suffering, but it is not, in my view, a sex crime, which is why the state has amended this charge. We don't believe it's appropriate of Mr. Howard to suffer the consequences of a sex offender, but he still needs to be held accountable.

Howard's attorney, Brad Calbo, agreed with Hemmer's telling of the state's evidence but said "it news to be crystal clear, in this record, for this court, that this victim was not at any time pinned down, raped, or pinned down and subjected to any sort of forcible penetration."

Again, what the heck is this crap?

People could put down the difference in the amount of coverage and outrage, and the kind of justice that has happened (speedily held and charged in Chicago), or that will likely happened (considering the charges the Chicago young adults are, rightfully, facing) to different factors. Some of those factors shouldn't count (the teflon that athletes seem to have). I don't think I even have to wonder if Fox news has covered this, our they did if they had with anywhere near the strident pealing that they have with the Chicago case.

Both situations are tragic and despicable. By no means am I making light of this Chicago case. Nor am I saying that because these Idaho teens did not receive justice that I don't want these Chicago teens to receive justice. I do want the Chicago teens to feel the full weight of justice. I also want the Idaho teens to do so also, and that didn't happen, and that is a tragedy on top of the tragic crime.

Edited by sierraleone, 07 January 2017 - 10:54 AM.

- Masha Gessen

#16 gsmonks

gsmonks

Tree Psychiatrist

• Islander
  • 5,078 posts

Posted 07 January 2017 - 10:45 AM

Yes, there is a huge disparity in the treatment one receives from the "justice" system depending upon both one's race and social status. Some white boys in Saskatoon Canada got a slap on the wrist for raping and murdering a native girl on the railroad tracks a decade or so ago. So it's pretty much a North American problem.
Capitalism is a pyramid scheme run by the 1%.

#17 sierraleone

sierraleone

• Islander
  • 9,215 posts

Posted 07 January 2017 - 11:05 AM

View Postgsmonks, on 07 January 2017 - 10:45 AM, said:

Yes, there is a huge disparity in the treatment one receives from the "justice" system depending upon both one's race and social status. Some white boys in Saskatoon Canada got a slap on the wrist for raping and murdering a native girl on the railroad tracks a decade or so ago. So it's pretty much a North American problem.

:(

"Some people count, and some people don't."  Or rather, some people are not seen as people, but as tools or objects to use. I can only assume for some power-tripping mental masturbation. That is what this Chicago crime is about, as well as the rape crime in Idaho (yes, rape crime, despite what the deputy attorney general said. That is because rape/sex crimes aren't about the sex they are about power). And the crime you are describing too Gsmonks.

- Masha Gessen

#18 Lord of the Sword

Lord of the Sword
  • Islander
  • 15,681 posts

Posted 07 January 2017 - 11:14 AM

View Postsierraleone, on 07 January 2017 - 08:57 AM, said:

I don't know if any posted about it here last year, but I remember a similar incident happening in Idaho, but the races reversed, and justice was not nearly as swift, and justice was left wanting in that case. People asked then, probably some facetiously, whether there would be this lack of justice if the races were reversed.

October 2015, Dietrich Idaho: four football teammates, male, 16-18 years old, were in the locker room after practice. Three of them were white, one of them was disabled and black. There appears to have been a history of harassing this black disabled teen young man, including racial harassment, that came out afterwards. This day it culminated in the three white young men, using a coat hanger, forcible sodomized their black disabled teammate.

This resulted in internal injuries requiring hospitalization. So despite there not being a Facebook video, there is no doubt a crime occurred. And the victim is on a sports team, and he testified in court, so whatever his disability is it does not prevent him from communicating to identify who the perpetrators are. I suppose he may have have been afraid to name them, the details are a little unclear. But you backtrack his day's activities it shouldn't be too hard to find potential suspects.

March 4, 2016: 4-5 months later charges were filed against the three teens.

March 22, 2016: Following the arrests of the other two(?), the third (and oldest) was arrested in Texas.
(He must have a connection in/to Texas and/or moved, as newer stories are naming him and saying of "of Keller, TX".)

Dec 16, 2016:

John R.K. Howard, 19, of Keller, Tex., pleaded guilty to a felony count of injury to a child and will be sentenced to two to three years of probation and up to 300 hours of community services, according to the Twin Falls Times-News.

A judge will decide the final sentence in February. The Alford plea Howard submitted allows him to maintain his innocence while acknowledging that prosecutors probably would have won a conviction against him if the case had gone to trial.

What the heck is this crap? Heck, from the Twin Falls Times-News link they provided:

Read more here: http://www.idahostat...l#storylink=cpy

Deputy Attorney General Casey Hemmer said that if the case had gone to trial, prosecutors would have proved that Howard kicked a coat hanger into the victim's rectum after another football play put the hanger there.

"It was egregious behaviour, it caused this victim a lot of suffering, but it is not, in my view, a sex crime, which is why the state has amended this charge. We don't believe it's appropriate of Mr. Howard to suffer the consequences of a sex offender, but he still needs to be held accountable.

Howard's attorney, Brad Calbo, agreed with Hemmer's telling of the state's evidence but said "it news to be crystal clear, in this record, for this court, that this victim was not at any time pinned down, raped, or pinned down and subjected to any sort of forcible penetration."

Again, what the heck is this crap?

People could put down the difference in the amount of coverage and outrage, and the kind of justice that has happened (speedily held and charged in Chicago), or that will likely happened (considering the charges the Chicago young adults are, rightfully, facing) to different factors. Some of those factors shouldn't count (the teflon that athletes seem to have). I don't think I even have to wonder if Fox news has covered this, our they did if they had with anywhere near the strident pealing that they have with the Chicago case.

Both situations are tragic and despicable. By no means am I making light of this Chicago case. Nor am I saying that because these Idaho teens did not receive justice that I don't want these Chicago teens to receive justice. I do want the Chicago teens to feel the full weight of justice. I also want the Idaho teens to do so also, and that didn't happen, and that is a tragedy on top of the tragic crime.

What happened with the case you mentioned is just wrong, justice most certainly WAS denied. How sodomizing with a coat hanger isn't a sex crime is beyond me. I don't know for certain, but my gut reaction is that them being football players might've had something to do with justice being denied.

As for the Chicago man case...I do believe that there being video has a lot to do with Hate Crimes being filed, and with the limited media coverage of it. If there had been video of the other case you mentioned, perhaps justice wouldn't have been denied? Sad that there has to be video though to even have a hope of justice being done.

#19 sierraleone

sierraleone

• Islander
  • 9,215 posts

Posted 07 January 2017 - 11:24 AM

View PostLord of the Sword, on 07 January 2017 - 11:14 AM, said:

What happened with the case you mentioned is just wrong, justice most certainly WAS denied. How sodomizing with a coat hanger isn't a sex crime is beyond me. I don't know for certain, but my gut reaction is that them being football players might've had something to do with justice being denied.

Thank you. From what I have read I think it also had to do with the fact that it was a small town (like only 1 or 2 high schools small), and the young men were well connected in it, so the town (and it's elites) largely closed rank around them. Though that isn't an excuse/explanation we should be readily accepting in our society (neither should the excuse that they were athletes). The parents of the victim has filed a civil suit against the school.

As for the Chicago man case...I do believe that there being video has a lot to do with Hate Crimes being filed, and with the limited media coverage of it. If there had been video of the other case you mentioned, perhaps justice wouldn't have been denied? Sad that there has to be video though to even have a hope of justice being done.

Even excluding hate crime charges, justice feels far short of what it should have been in the Idaho case.

I am glad some criminals are so stupid as to create irrefutable video evidence.

However, video doesn't always matter, as some cases where cops were filmed crossing the line (and even using the term crossing the line strongly feels like to me like it severely downplays what has happened in some of those cases).

Edited by sierraleone, 07 January 2017 - 04:16 PM.

- Masha Gessen

#20 Elara

Elara

• Watchdog
  • 2,905 posts

Posted 08 January 2017 - 03:42 PM

View Postsierraleone, on 07 January 2017 - 08:57 AM, said:

Fine, don't charge them with a sex crime, charge them with attempted murder. They think having "sex offender" attached to them the rest of their lives is horrible? Great, let's go with attempted murderers, and they can spend the next 25 years (I have no idea on the years) in prison, then carry that the rest of their lives. Works better for me.
El

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users