Sci-Fi Girl

Help me save Dark Matter!

• Islander
  • 5,158 posts

Posted 06 January 2017 - 04:47 PM

Airdate January 1, 2017

Spoilers

Sherlock 4-1, pic 3.jpeg

In the Season 4 premiere, Holmes awaits Moriarty's posthumous move; and becomes preoccupied with why someone is destroying images of the late prime minister Margaret Thatcher.

Promotional photo from www.farfarawaysite.com. :)
"A song is like a picture of a bird in flight; the bird was moving before the picture was taken, and no doubt continued after."   - Pete Seeger

Pete Seeger's life was a picture of an idea in flight, and the idea will continue long after.  As long as there are people with goodness and courage in their hearts, the idea will continue forever.

Posted Image   dragon scholar - 3a49cd1bf6bfb7033fbc9b54d7fddf56.gif

Check out my music threads:

Beautiful Music: Folk, Acoustic, Traditional, and World

A Celebration of Song Lyrics, New and Old: Just the poetry  (to include those with different musical tastes than me)

When Sci Fi Actors Sing

#2 Sci-Fi Girl

Sci-Fi Girl

Help me save Dark Matter!

• Islander
  • 5,158 posts

Posted 06 January 2017 - 04:49 PM

So did anyone see this?  I know this thread is a little late.

And did anyone guess the culprit before Sherlock did?

SFG
"A song is like a picture of a bird in flight; the bird was moving before the picture was taken, and no doubt continued after."   - Pete Seeger

Pete Seeger's life was a picture of an idea in flight, and the idea will continue long after.  As long as there are people with goodness and courage in their hearts, the idea will continue forever.

Posted Image   dragon scholar - 3a49cd1bf6bfb7033fbc9b54d7fddf56.gif

Check out my music threads:

Beautiful Music: Folk, Acoustic, Traditional, and World

A Celebration of Song Lyrics, New and Old: Just the poetry  (to include those with different musical tastes than me)

When Sci Fi Actors Sing

#3 QueenTiye

QueenTiye

Behavior is not reproducible over multiple trials.

• Islander
  • 24,360 posts

Posted 06 January 2017 - 10:50 PM

Strange episode. Not sure I liked it. But still looking forward to the rest of the series.

QT

Een Draght Mackt Maght

#4 Niko

Niko
  • Watchdog
  • 2,366 posts

Posted 12 January 2017 - 10:08 AM

I'm running behind on all shows from the last few weeks, so I only just caught this, and haven't watched the next one yet.  Wow, what a gut-punch.  For Sherlock to be *that* emphatic throughout the episode that he would keep Mary safe and have it end like that...  :(

I think this is my favorite episode since the first season.  A lot of Season 2 and 3 were too stylized in both the production stuff and the character work for my tastes.  This time, the cool scene transitions and cool integration of texts/video-calls/etc. felt fresh again, like they were in that first episode.  And the evolution of Sherlock into someone who really cares and acts on that caring (even while keeping some of his former quirks) is *great*.  There were *such* a lot of great moments.  Sherlock explaining to "Watson" the illogic of constantly throwing her rattle, Sherlock's sense of humor in explaining to Mary how he found her in her random travels.  I think my favorite was the scene with Sherlock showing Mycroft a picture of the baby and Mycroft being all "And I care about this why?"

I did think it seemed to take much too long for Sherlock to start looking into where the busts came from.  It seemed clear that the explanation for the thief smashing the first one in the light was that he was looking for something inside it... and when the second one happened, it should've been easy to make the jump to looking into where they came from (which would have gotten them to the other busts sooner).  The coincidence of him happening across that crime while investigating some other random occurrence and then and having it link back to Mary was quite a stretch of suspension of disbelief, also.

I'm looking forward to seeing how the Sherlock/John relationship heals... and Moriarty's scheme is still out there waiting to pounce, so that should be fun.  :)

Edited by Niko, 12 January 2017 - 10:09 AM.

- Whatsoever you do to the least of my people, that you do unto me.    (Matthew 25:40)

- Do not let kindness and truth leave you; Bind them around your neck, Write them on the tablet of your heart.  (Proverbs 3:3)

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Sherlock, BBC, Benedict Cumberbatch, Martin Freeman

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users