Getting an "Insecure Connection" warning for Exisle? No worry

Details in this thread

Man of Steel Question: Why not the moon?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 QueenTiye

QueenTiye

Behavior is not reproducible over multiple trials.

• Islander
  • 24,300 posts

Posted 06 January 2017 - 10:49 PM

Rewatching Man of Steel, and can't for the life of me figure out why a race of people with a world ship need to populate a habited planet? Especially when they were so few in the first place, why not live among humans for a while while kryptoforming the moon?

QT

Editing to correct the autocorrect...

Edited by QueenTiye, 07 January 2017 - 09:03 PM.

Een Draght Mackt Maght

#2 Omega

Omega

Maktel shcree lotak meta setak Oz!

• 4,027 posts

Posted 06 January 2017 - 11:02 PM

Or Mars, or Venus?

All I can figure is that their kryptoforming resources were limited, and would not have been able to successfully alter a world that wasn't already most of the way there.

Of course, Zod may have also been thinking long-term that humans could pose a threat.

#3 Virgil Vox

Virgil Vox
  • 5,208 posts

Posted 07 January 2017 - 12:04 AM

Well, Zod and crew had to go to Earth to find Clark and get the Codex out of him. It could have been simple laziness that made their decision to kyrptoform Earth. It's also possible that it's easier to kryptoform a planet that was similar to Krypton than to kryptoform a planet that is incapable of supporting human or Kryptonian life. Or, more than likely, there would have been no conflict if the Kryptonians made their new home on another planet in the solar system.
"You will give the people an ideal to strive towards. They will race behind you. They will stumble. They will fall. But in time, they will join you in the sun. In time, you will help them accomplish wonders."
--Jor-El

It's a recession when your neighbor loses his job: it's a depression when you lose yours.
-- Harry S. Truman

#4 Omega

Omega

Maktel shcree lotak meta setak Oz!

• 4,027 posts

Posted 07 January 2017 - 03:06 PM

^I think that would make a fascinating story, actually...

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users