• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#1 sierraleone

sierraleone

All things Great and Mischievous

• Islander
  • 9,117 posts

Posted 07 January 2017 - 08:26 PM

This is the Public Unclassified Version that has been in the news lately. I have spent way too long looking at the news today so I am just going to dump this, no comments! :)

https://www.dni.gov/...ICA_2017_01.pdf

Edited by sierraleone, 07 January 2017 - 08:27 PM.

Rules for surviving an Autocracy:

Rule#1: Believe the Autocrat.
Rule#2: Do not be taken in by small signs of normality.
Rule#3: Institutions will not save you.
Rule#4: Be outraged.
Rule#5: Don't make compromises.
Rule#6: Remember the future.
- Masha Gessen
Source: http://www2.nybooks....r-survival.html

#2 yadda yadda

yadda yadda
  • Islander
  • 1,488 posts

Posted 07 January 2017 - 09:08 PM

Thanks for posting this. Now I can read it at my leisure.

#3 gsmonks

gsmonks

Tree Psychiatrist

• Islander
  • 4,927 posts

Posted 07 January 2017 - 10:15 PM

Information is to Trump as pearls are to swine.
Capitalism is a pyramid scheme run by the 1%.

#4 Lord of the Sword

Lord of the Sword
  • Islander
  • 15,681 posts

Posted 08 January 2017 - 09:06 AM

What really boggles my mind is this: People, in general, seem to be more worried about who did the hacking then the actual content that was in the hacked emails.
"Sometimes you get the point of the sword, sometimes the edge, sometimes the flat of the blade (even if you're the Lord of the Sword) and sometimes you're the guy wielding it. But any day without the Sword or its Lord is one that could've been better  " ~Orpheus.

The Left is inclusive, and tolerant, unless you happen to think and believe different than they do~ Lord of the Sword

Looks like the Liberal Elite of Exisle have finally managed to silence the last remaining Conservative voice on the board.

“The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots & tyrants. It is it’s natural manure.” ~Thomas Jefferson

#5 sierraleone

sierraleone

All things Great and Mischievous

• Islander
  • 9,117 posts

Posted 08 January 2017 - 10:15 AM

I am reading it now. In case anyone is worried about overt politicizing:

We did not make an assessment of the impact that Russian activities had on the outcome of the 2016 election. The US Intelligence Community is charged with monitoring and assessing the intentions, capabilities, and actions of foreign actors; it does not analyze US political processes or US public opinion.

That was in the background/preamble part which basically glosses over their standards of trade craft in very broad terms. That is basically the numbered pages. That part doesn't take long to read, maybe 5-10 mins. If you skip that, start at page "ii" for their Key Judgements. That takes about 15 minutes until you get to the annexes. The first Annex mostly appear to be about the coverage/influence from the Russian media source RT (formerly Russia Today). And according to them, RT/RT American has millions more YouTube views/subscribers than BBC World, Al Jazeera English, and CNN (which has the largest difference in viewers). The second Annex is just about their estimative language used in their analysis/judgement.

Edited by sierraleone, 08 January 2017 - 11:21 AM.

- Masha Gessen
Source: http://www2.nybooks....r-survival.html

#6 yadda yadda

yadda yadda
  • Islander
  • 1,488 posts

Posted 08 January 2017 - 10:57 AM

View PostLord of the Sword, on 08 January 2017 - 09:06 AM, said:

What really boggles my mind is this: People, in general, seem to be more worried about who did the hacking then the actual content that was in the hacked emails.

So you find of more import a few fairly innocuous comments about Democratic Party insider opinions and John Podesta's recipes than the fact an adversarial foreign power conducted cyber-espionage against American citizens and political parties in an effort to interfere and steer our elections in a certain direction? That THAT doesn't bother you boggles my mind. You don't suppose that the information that the Russian government hacked from the Republican Party was any less embarrassing or titillating? The stuff they DIDN'T release to Wikileaks (yet). The stuff they hold over the GOP's heads, Trump's head, virtually anyone's head? You like the idea that your government and people are in charge are likely subject to blackmail or undue influence by an inimical foreign dictator? Color me boggled.

Edited by yadda yadda, 08 January 2017 - 11:02 AM.

#7 Lord of the Sword

Lord of the Sword
  • Islander
  • 15,681 posts

Posted 08 January 2017 - 12:50 PM

View Postyadda yadda, on 08 January 2017 - 10:57 AM, said:

So you find of more import a few fairly innocuous comments about Democratic Party insider opinions and John Podesta's recipes than the fact an adversarial foreign power conducted cyber-espionage against American citizens and political parties in an effort to interfere and steer our elections in a certain direction? That THAT doesn't bother you boggles my mind. You don't suppose that the information that the Russian government hacked from the Republican Party was any less embarrassing or titillating? The stuff they DIDN'T release to Wikileaks (yet). The stuff they hold over the GOP's heads, Trump's head, virtually anyone's head? You like the idea that your government and people are in charge are likely subject to blackmail or undue influence by an inimical foreign dictator? Color me boggled.

There is no proof that anybody successfully hacked GOP email. And, for sake of argument, say they did...there is no proof there was anything like what was on the DNC emails. Now I'm not naive enough to believe the GOP, or any politician, is completely "kumba ya" and honest, that there wasn't gossip about other GOP members, etc. Is gossip now a blackmailable thing? I'm not so sure.

edited to add:

And as for the hacking itself...that is our way of life now. Nations have been spying on each other ever since "nations" came into being. Hacking is just the latest manifestation of spying. the DNC should've secured their sh*t better.

Edited by Lord of the Sword, 08 January 2017 - 12:52 PM.

"Sometimes you get the point of the sword, sometimes the edge, sometimes the flat of the blade (even if you're the Lord of the Sword) and sometimes you're the guy wielding it. But any day without the Sword or its Lord is one that could've been better  " ~Orpheus.

The Left is inclusive, and tolerant, unless you happen to think and believe different than they do~ Lord of the Sword

Looks like the Liberal Elite of Exisle have finally managed to silence the last remaining Conservative voice on the board.

“The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots & tyrants. It is it’s natural manure.” ~Thomas Jefferson

#8 yadda yadda

yadda yadda
  • Islander
  • 1,488 posts

Posted 08 January 2017 - 03:05 PM

View PostLord of the Sword, on 08 January 2017 - 12:50 PM, said:

There is no proof that anybody successfully hacked GOP email. And, for sake of argument, say they did...there is no proof there was anything like what was on the DNC emails. Now I'm not naive enough to believe the GOP, or any politician, is completely "kumba ya" and honest, that there wasn't gossip about other GOP members, etc. Is gossip now a blackmailable thing? I'm not so sure.

edited to add:

And as for the hacking itself...that is our way of life now. Nations have been spying on each other ever since "nations" came into being. Hacking is just the latest manifestation of spying. the DNC should've secured their sh*t better.

Very good. I'm glad you're not troubled. See no evil, hear no evil, speak no evil. Donald and Uncle Vlad will take care of everything. By the way, how's the view down there under the sand with the other ostriches?  :)

#9 yadda yadda

yadda yadda
  • Islander
  • 1,488 posts

Posted 08 January 2017 - 03:12 PM

View PostLord of the Sword, on 08 January 2017 - 12:50 PM, said:

edited to add:

And to continue with your exculpatory and dismissive reasoning, there was no proof that Hillary's private server was ever hacked or that any harm was done by her having one yet you were all foaming at the mouth to have her locked up. Is not lack of proof something that cuts both ways?

As far as "gossip" hanging over Trump's head, that's not what concerns me. He thrives on gossip, lives for the attention. It's what Vlad and the Russians may have over him as far as financial leverage, or the scandalous evidence of collusion in that perhaps he and Manafort and his Security Advisor Flynn knew what was being done on his behalf by the Russian cyber-ops. I've been wondering why he is so obstinate in being unbelieving and dismissive of the joint intelligence assessment of what Russia did during the election. There have been investigative reports that indicate coded cyber communication between Trump's campaign and Russian government sources during the campaign. Hidden and covered up. Putin could hold evidence of this possible treasonous collusion over Trump's head as long as he plays ball. Or release it to the world to destroy faith in our government at any moment he chooses. Perhaps during a crisis, a Russian invasion of the Baltic states or adventurism in the Middle East or wherever. Just food for thought. Why else would this proud tweeting peacock of a bully, sitting on top of his personal world keep kissing the a$$ of a murderous foreign dictator?

Edited by yadda yadda, 08 January 2017 - 10:15 PM.

#10 Lord of the Sword

Lord of the Sword
  • Islander
  • 15,681 posts

Posted 10 January 2017 - 10:37 PM

View Postyadda yadda, on 08 January 2017 - 03:12 PM, said:

And to continue with your exculpatory and dismissive reasoning, there was no proof that Hillary's private server was ever hacked or that any harm was done by her having one yet you were all foaming at the mouth to have her locked up. Is not lack of proof something that cuts both ways?

As far as "gossip" hanging over Trump's head, that's not what concerns me. He thrives on gossip, lives for the attention. It's what Vlad and the Russians may have over him as far as financial leverage, or the scandalous evidence of collusion in that perhaps he and Manafort and his Security Advisor Flynn knew what was being done on his behalf by the Russian cyber-ops. I've been wondering why he is so obstinate in being unbelieving and dismissive of the joint intelligence assessment of what Russia did during the election. There have been investigative reports that indicate coded cyber communication between Trump's campaign and Russian government sources during the campaign. Hidden and covered up. Putin could hold evidence of this possible treasonous collusion over Trump's head as long as he plays ball. Or release it to the world to destroy faith in our government at any moment he chooses. Perhaps during a crisis, a Russian invasion of the Baltic states or adventurism in the Middle East or wherever. Just food for thought. Why else would this proud tweeting peacock of a bully, sitting on top of his personal world keep kissing the a$$ of a murderous foreign dictator?

And your course of action, regarding Putin is what? Launch a few nukes, put those commies in their place? Destroy the world?

#11 yadda yadda

yadda yadda
  • Islander
  • 1,488 posts

Posted 10 January 2017 - 11:21 PM

View PostLord of the Sword, on 10 January 2017 - 10:37 PM, said:

View Postyadda yadda, on 08 January 2017 - 03:12 PM, said:

As far as "gossip" hanging over Trump's head, that's not what concerns me. He thrives on gossip, lives for the attention. It's what Vlad and the Russians may have over him as far as financial leverage, or the scandalous evidence of collusion in that perhaps he and Manafort and his Security Advisor Flynn knew what was being done on his behalf by the Russian cyber-ops. I've been wondering why he is so obstinate in being unbelieving and dismissive of the joint intelligence assessment of what Russia did during the election. There have been investigative reports that indicate coded cyber communication between Trump's campaign and Russian government sources during the campaign. Hidden and covered up. Putin could hold evidence of this possible treasonous collusion over Trump's head as long as he plays ball. Or release it to the world to destroy faith in our government at any moment he chooses. Perhaps during a crisis, a Russian invasion of the Baltic states or adventurism in the Middle East or wherever. Just food for thought. Why else would this proud tweeting peacock of a bully, sitting on top of his phersonal world keep kissing the a$$ of a murderous foreign dictator?

And your course of action, regarding Putin is what? Launch a few nukes, put those commies in their place? Destroy the world?

You're too funny. Let's see, what a dichotomy! Kiss Putin's a$$ or blow him up with nukes. Gotta be one or the other...no other possible action or pathway in between. ;).

Also too funny that my prediction above may already be playing out. News reports are out that the Russians have video of Trump getting Russian sex workers to urinate on or around him while he was in Moscow for the Miss World pageant. And that they hoped to blackmail him with it. Now this might prove to be true or maybe not true. Trump has already denounced it on Twitter as FAKE NEWS- A POLITICAL WITCH HUNT! And who would know more about fake news political witch hunts than the launcher and biggest proponent of the birther movement?

But it is interesting to note that for a guy so famous for getting pissed off, it appears that having the reverse happen is equally applicable to him. Now we know that his appreciation for things golden applies to showers as well.  :)

Edited by yadda yadda, 11 January 2017 - 12:16 AM.

#12 FarscapeOne

FarscapeOne
  • Islander
  • 3,665 posts

Posted 11 January 2017 - 12:04 AM

He might have gotten tips from R. Kelly.

#13 yadda yadda

yadda yadda
  • Islander
  • 1,488 posts

Posted 11 January 2017 - 12:18 AM

View PostFarscapeOne, on 11 January 2017 - 12:04 AM, said:

Could be. Or maybe he just likes to go with the flow.  :)

#14 Cait

Cait

Democracy Dies in Darkness

• 10,799 posts

Posted 11 January 2017 - 12:24 AM

True or not [Golden shower], the insinuation will follow him through his administration.  This one [lie or truth] is gonna stick.  The intelligence community is going to see to that.  Next time maybe Trump will take his briefings and shut his hole about the intelliogence.  If he were a student of history and remembered J. Edgar, then he could have guessed that maybe it wasn't only the Kremlin that had goods on him.  Maybe it was his own intelligence communities.  

He's gonna be someone's puppet.  Trump is going to be humiliated one way or the other, and in the process any blackmail the Kremlin might or might not have will be neutralized.  This is gonna stick to him, and there is more to come if he doesn't get in line.  Trust me.

Source:
http://www2.nybooks....r-survival.html

#15 Cait

Cait

Democracy Dies in Darkness

• 10,799 posts

Posted 11 January 2017 - 12:24 AM

View Postyadda yadda, on 11 January 2017 - 12:18 AM, said:

View PostFarscapeOne, on 11 January 2017 - 12:04 AM, said:

Could be. Or maybe he just likes to go with the flow.  :)

*snicker* ;)

Source:
http://www2.nybooks....r-survival.html

#16 yadda yadda

yadda yadda
  • Islander
  • 1,488 posts

Posted 11 January 2017 - 03:13 AM

Well, I hate to say I told you so (actually a lie, I love it) but as I predicted in post #9 above, now there are reports not yet concretely proven, filtering down from various sources that included in the intel reports about Russian plans to blackmail Trump over his golden shower fetish is further intel that Trump, Manafort, and others pledged to allow Putin to move on Ukraine in exchange for his helping by hacking the DNC. This Intel from British MI6 sources, as not yet fully verified, was passed on to Comey and the FBI by John McCain in December.

This of course would be treason, if proven. I hope that it can and will be, even though that would likely leave us with POS Pence in charge or a very scary Constitutional crisis or even on the verge of war with Russia. I imagine this story will get more attention and play in this week and a half leading up to the inauguration. I'm not an overtly religious person but I pray for our country.

Edited by yadda yadda, 11 January 2017 - 03:15 AM.

#17 Lord of the Sword

Lord of the Sword
  • Islander
  • 15,681 posts

Posted 11 January 2017 - 06:52 AM

View PostCait, on 11 January 2017 - 12:24 AM, said:

True or not [Golden shower], the insinuation will follow him through his administration.  This one [lie or truth] is gonna stick.  The intelligence community is going to see to that.  Next time maybe Trump will take his briefings and shut his hole about the intelliogence.  If he were a student of history and remembered J. Edgar, then he could have guessed that maybe it wasn't only the Kremlin that had goods on him.  Maybe it was his own intelligence communities.  

He's gonna be someone's puppet.  Trump is going to be humiliated one way or the other, and in the process any blackmail the Kremlin might or might not have will be neutralized.  This is gonna stick to him, and there is more to come if he doesn't get in line.  Trust me.

I disagree. So far EVERYONE that has gone up against Trump has lost....bigly (Pun intended). Even Megyn Kelly is no longer working at Fox, after her battles with Trump.

This is actually the first I'm hearing about "Golden Shower" regarding Trump. We'll see if it turns out to be true or not. Even if it is true, it's not like he was getting a blow job in the oval office by a mistress, or anything like that.

#18 yadda yadda

yadda yadda
  • Islander
  • 1,488 posts

Posted 11 January 2017 - 10:12 AM

Well, actually it is worse than a blow job in the Oral Office if the Russians recorded it to blackmail him. Because Bill didn't get in trouble because of being blown. It was for perjuring himself about it, and Trump lies about EVERYTHING. But golden showers are small potatoes to collusion with Russia and bargaining away Ukraine for their hacking of the DNC. The art of the deal stops at treason to your country, if they can prove it that his people like Manafort and his lawyer Cohn were meeting with and negotiating with the Russians about this treasonous activity he's done. Stick a fork in that presidency.

And gee whiz, this is the first you've heard about the golden showers? As Gomer Pyle would say, " surprise, surprise, surprise!" So your cutting edge "news" sources haven't mentioned that, huh? :) Wow, maybe they just missed it. Maybe you need to peek in at the lame stream media once in a while for perspective or perhaps the urine stream media.

When Trump gets impeached and hopefully locked up for treason are you still gonna run out and stock up on guns to take up arms in rebellious support of a deposed traitor, LoTS? Or will you finally wake up and smell the coffee?

Edited by yadda yadda, 11 January 2017 - 10:14 AM.

#19 yadda yadda

yadda yadda
  • Islander
  • 1,488 posts

Posted 11 January 2017 - 10:26 AM

View PostLord of the Sword, on 11 January 2017 - 06:52 AM, said:

View PostCait, on 11 January 2017 - 12:24 AM, said:

I disagree. So far EVERYONE that has gone up against Trump has lost....bigly (Pun intended). Even Megyn Kelly is no longer working at Fox, after her battles with Trump.

This is actually the first I'm hearing about "Golden Shower" regarding Trump. We'll see if it turns out to be true or not. Even if it is true, it's not like he was getting a blow job in the oval office by a mistress, or anything like that.

The complainants suing Trump in his namesake "university" fraud case went up against Trump and they didn't lose, LoTS. Bigly or small-ly. Trump rolled over and settled for a pretty bigly $25 million payout to these people he cheated. So not EVERYONE going up against Trump has lost, as you claim. And  you figure Megyn Kelly's a loser because she left her job at backwater propaganda mill Fox to get a lucrative gig at a REAL network, NBC? Keep dreaming, LoTS. ;)

Edited by yadda yadda, 11 January 2017 - 11:05 AM.

#20 gsmonks

gsmonks

Tree Psychiatrist

• Islander
  • 4,927 posts

Posted 11 January 2017 - 02:41 PM

"Though golden showers may cum your way,
They bring the rumours that bloom in May,
So if it's raining, have no regrets,
Because it isn't raining rain, you know (it's raining pee-pee-lets . . .)
And where you see brown upon the hills,
You soon will see crapshot scatolets . . . "

I will see myself out . . .
Capitalism is a pyramid scheme run by the 1%.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: 2016 election, russia, trump, clinton

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users