CW

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Virgil Vox

Virgil Vox
  • 5,375 posts

Posted 08 January 2017 - 05:09 PM

https://www.yahoo.co...-163000441.html

The CW has given early renewals to seven returning series, including Supernatural and the entire DC superhero lineup.

Arrow, The Flash, Supergirl, DC’s Legends of Tomorrow, Supernatural, Crazy Ex-Girlfriend, and Jane the Virgin have all been renewed for the 2017-2018 season, the network announced at the Television Critics Association’s press tour on Sunday.

This makes me incredibly happy. The DC shows have built up a great universe among themselves and are all good in their own right so I'm excited to see them all continue. Plus it means that we'll get more great cross-overs. This is a much better feeling than last season where the fate of Supergirl was up in the air.
"You will give the people an ideal to strive towards. They will race behind you. They will stumble. They will fall. But in time, they will join you in the sun. In time, you will help them accomplish wonders."
--Jor-El

It's a recession when your neighbor loses his job: it's a depression when you lose yours.
-- Harry S. Truman

#2 FarscapeOne

FarscapeOne
  • Islander
  • 3,929 posts

Posted 08 January 2017 - 06:51 PM

I AM SUPER HAPPY FOR SUPERNATURAL!!!

They get a season 13!!!

#3 RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes

Idealistic Cynic

• Demigod
  • 13,884 posts

Posted 08 January 2017 - 07:17 PM

^^  Ditto.  :lol:

I'm also glad to hear that all the superheroes are renewed. Not really surprised, but it's nice to hear it.  I actually heard a rumor somewhere that an additional superhero show may be added to the mix.
Please visit The RJDiogenes Store. Posted Image   And my Gallery. Posted Image And my YouTube Page. Posted Image And read Trunkards. Posted Image  And then there's my Heroes Essays.  Posted Image

#4 The Tyrant

The Tyrant

R.I.P. Martin Landau

• Islander
  • 3,174 posts

Posted 10 January 2017 - 10:14 AM

Not to be a downer, but I think 13 would be a great (and appropriate) number for Supernatural to go out on....
Hope springs eternal, and is eternally dashed

"Absolute power corrupts absolutely. Which is a problem....
if you're powerless." - Drago Museveni

'God is a comedian playing to an audience afraid to laugh' - Voltaire

'It's in your nature to destroy yourselves.' - the Terminator, about Humanity.

"Who knew the divine was such a dissolute, horny drunk?  Although that would explain a hell of a lot about this series... " - Christopher, about Battlestar Galactica

#5 RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes

Idealistic Cynic

• Demigod
  • 13,884 posts

Posted 10 January 2017 - 07:16 PM

It would certainly be appropriate, but I'm happy to see it go on and on.  I want it to be the Gunsmoke of genre shows.  :lol:
Please visit The RJDiogenes Store. Posted Image   And my Gallery. Posted Image And my YouTube Page. Posted Image And read Trunkards. Posted Image  And then there's my Heroes Essays.  Posted Image

#6 Virgil Vox

Virgil Vox
  • 5,375 posts

Posted 19 January 2017 - 08:51 PM

Even though I no longer watch Supernatural and might never watch it again, I am glad that it keeps going for all the people who still enjoy it.
"You will give the people an ideal to strive towards. They will race behind you. They will stumble. They will fall. But in time, they will join you in the sun. In time, you will help them accomplish wonders."
--Jor-El

It's a recession when your neighbor loses his job: it's a depression when you lose yours.
-- Harry S. Truman

#7 RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes

Idealistic Cynic

• Demigod
  • 13,884 posts

Posted 20 January 2017 - 05:50 PM

Did you just lose interest in it, or was there some particular thing that made you stop liking it?

#8 Virgil Vox

Virgil Vox
  • 5,375 posts

Posted 21 January 2017 - 02:01 PM

A variety of factors. It felt like they were always tearing down Sam while uplifting Dean. Even when they made Dean a demon, they found a way for Sam to be the one who did really terrible things. When Sam did his best to try and save Dean (for which he had been criticized in the past for giving up on Dean) from Cain's Mark he was made to look bad and ended up unleashing a terrible evil on the world because of his actions. Then there was the fact that the writers always had Sam and Dean at odds over stupid reasons that, this far into the show, made no sense. How many times can we see the brothers keep secrets from each other that eventually come to light and cause a rift between them only to have the brothers promise not to keep secrets anymore only to do it again? It also felt like the writers didn't have a clear idea of where they were going and just kept repeating the same basic plot over and over when it came to the larger narrative.

I've checked in periodically and have enjoyed the random stand-alone episodes here and there but I haven't been able to get back into the show proper. It's sad. Around seasons 5 and 6 I didn't want the show to end because I loved it so much and was glad when it kept getting renewed. Now though I feel nothing when it gets another season.
--Jor-El

-- Harry S. Truman

#9 G-man

G-man

Is there a problem?

• 8,620 posts

Posted 22 January 2017 - 12:08 PM

^^^I'm thinking that is a common problem with most never-ending narratives that cannot embrace change.

/s/

Gloriosus
the G-man Himself
Let me strive every moment of my life to make myself better and better, to the best of my ability, so that all may profit by it.
Let me think of the right and lend my assistance to all who may need it, with no regard for anything but justice.
Let me take what comes with a smile, without loss of courage.
Let me be considerate of my country, of my fellow citizens, and my associates in everything I say and do.
Let me do right to all, and wrong no man.
-- Doc Savage

Few people want to be moderated, most people see the need for everyone else to be moderated. -- Orpheus

#10 RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes

Idealistic Cynic

• Demigod
  • 13,884 posts

Posted 22 January 2017 - 05:28 PM

It's always a problem with any ongoing concern-- how do you keep it organic it without evolving it past the core concept?  In the case of Supernatural, I can think of several ways to do it, but they do have a habit of repeating themselves.  I still enjoy the characters and their world, though.

Virgil, you should try watching last season.  I don't know how much you've kept up, so I won't post any Spoilers, but it's the best season in a long time.  It involves the return of Chuck.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: CW

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users