• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 G-man

G-man

Is there a problem?

• 8,149 posts

Posted 09 January 2017 - 03:25 PM

Agents of SHIELD is coming back on air this week!!!! :woohoo:

Coulson is unaware of a dark secret May is hiding, even as the two grow closer; Aida is determined to find the Darkhold.

So, the Darkhold appears to be Marvel's equivalent to the Necronomicon ... a tome so vile, packed with secrets so dire, that any who read it will go Mad!!!

At the very least, it's nice see that any issues they're going to have with the LMD isn't inherent in the program itself, but rather the result of its exposure to the Darkhold

With sneak peak:

So, remember to tune in to ABC, True Believers, this Tuesday, at 10pm Eastern/9p Central, and see what happens next.

/s/

Gloriosus
the G-man Himself

Edited by G-man, 09 January 2017 - 03:26 PM.

Let me strive every moment of my life to make myself better and better, to the best of my ability, so that all may profit by it.
Let me think of the right and lend my assistance to all who may need it, with no regard for anything but justice.
Let me take what comes with a smile, without loss of courage.
Let me be considerate of my country, of my fellow citizens, and my associates in everything I say and do.
Let me do right to all, and wrong no man.
-- Doc Savage

Few people want to be moderated, most people see the need for everyone else to be moderated. -- Orpheus

#2 Orpheus

Orpheus

Get my agent! I'm supposed to be Castathan, not Indogene

• Administrator
  • 17,363 posts

Posted 09 January 2017 - 11:13 PM

I briefly thought LMD was "Ladies of Mass Destruction" -- I've dated more than a few of those.

Then again, you probably wouldn't want to hear their tales of "the Mad Scientist I used to date".

#3 RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes

Idealistic Cynic

• Demigod
  • 10,559 posts

Posted 10 January 2017 - 07:40 PM

Whoa!  SHIELD is back!  I didn't even realize.

View PostG-man, on 09 January 2017 - 03:25 PM, said:

So, the Darkhold appears to be Marvel's equivalent to the Necronomicon ... a tome so vile, packed with secrets so dire, that any who read it will go Mad!!!  
Yeah, that's exactly what it is. It dates back to Marvel's Horror Renaissance of the early 70s.  It was the source of the Russoff family curse in Werewolf By Night, among many other things.

View PostOrpheus, on 09 January 2017 - 11:13 PM, said:

I briefly thought LMD was "Ladies of Mass Destruction" -- I've dated more than a few of those.  
Ladies of Mass Destruction. I like it. It sounds like one of those kick-ass chick anthologies that are popular these days.  :lol:
Please visit The RJDiogenes Store. Posted Image   And my Gallery. Posted Image And my YouTube Page. Posted Image And read Trunkards. Posted Image  And then there's my Heroes Essays.  Posted Image

#4 Orpheus

Orpheus

• Administrator
  • 17,363 posts

Posted 10 January 2017 - 09:20 PM

View PostRJDiogenes, on 10 January 2017 - 07:40 PM, said:

View PostOrpheus, on 09 January 2017 - 11:13 PM, said:

Ladies of Mass Destruction. I like it. It sounds like one of those kick-ass chick anthologies that are popular these days.  :lol:

I thought those were WMDs (Women of Mass Destruction) but Marvel couldn't secure the rights, so created its own version.

If that's NOT what WMDs are, why are we so eager to find some?

#5 Orpheus

Orpheus

• Administrator
  • 17,363 posts

Posted 11 January 2017 - 01:34 AM

Serious question: did anyone else see those pseudo-subliminal flashes of e.g. the S.H.I.E.L.D logo?  I say "pseudo" because this was definitely at least two frames long (at US 60fps), which I'm sure many of you film artistes/aficionados have learned to detect in this age of "digital filming". I suspect it was just a clumsy ad-slot delete at my local station, but 2 frames at 60 fps [US] or 50fps [EUR] would still be shorter than [but close to] the original single-frame subliminals used/studied in 24fps film, so it could have been a directorial choice to match the traditional 1/24 s subliminal of the classic studies.

I'm just now watching my (recorded) ep for the first time, so I don't know if it will recur (i.e. was intentional), or if it was a one-time error.

#6 G-man

G-man

Is there a problem?

• 8,149 posts

Posted 11 January 2017 - 09:38 AM

I give them credit, I did not see that twist coming, and it was nice refutation of the standard trope.  Something that they were having fun with, in this episode

I loved how both Yoyo and Mack were referencing Hollywood movies as arguments against creating sentient machines, as opposed to simply citing Ultron.

It looks as if Daisy and the new Director are interacting in a more open manner than the rest of the team.  I think that this might be because unlike Phil and the others, where their loyalties were assured/assumed, he recognized that Daisy needed convincing, and therefore shouldn't be needlessly jerked around.  Also, I like that Gemma got her friend back with Daisy.

The senator and her brother, yeah, that was tragic, and really makes me dislike that senator.

At least now the Director knows that the Senator and the Watchdogs are in cahoots, so he won't be so quick to dismiss anything connected with them as being a "conspiracy theory".  I also liked that the Director apologized to Gemma about the bag, and that Daisy and Gemma now have the whole bag-over-head experience to bond over.  Finally, it seems that the Director is willing to admit his lapses to his posse(rw?) ... all the more building him up to being a decent fellow, despite his penchant for sycophancy(rw?).

/s/

Gloriosus
the G-man Himself

Edited by G-man, 13 January 2017 - 01:19 PM.

Let me strive every moment of my life to make myself better and better, to the best of my ability, so that all may profit by it.
Let me think of the right and lend my assistance to all who may need it, with no regard for anything but justice.
Let me be considerate of my country, of my fellow citizens, and my associates in everything I say and do.
-- Doc Savage

Few people want to be moderated, most people see the need for everyone else to be moderated. -- Orpheus

#7 RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes

Idealistic Cynic

• Demigod
  • 10,559 posts

Posted 11 January 2017 - 07:10 PM

Nope, haven't seen it yet. On Demand really sucks lately. Stuff used to be up the next day.

View PostOrpheus, on 10 January 2017 - 09:20 PM, said:

I thought those were WMDs (Women of Mass Destruction) but Marvel couldn't secure the rights, so created its own version.  
I like Ladies of Mass Destruction better. It sounds classier. Reminds me of Emma Peel.  :cool:

View PostOrpheus, on 11 January 2017 - 01:34 AM, said:

Serious question: did anyone else see those pseudo-subliminal flashes of e.g. the S.H.I.E.L.D logo?  
No, but I did go out to my local recruiting center and sign up first thing this morning.
Please visit The RJDiogenes Store. Posted Image   And my Gallery. Posted Image And my YouTube Page. Posted Image And read Trunkards. Posted Image  And then there's my Heroes Essays.  Posted Image

#8 RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes

Idealistic Cynic

• Demigod
  • 10,559 posts

Posted 12 January 2017 - 07:24 PM

Well, that was interesting. Looks like they have a new logo screen for the LMD arc and everything.  

I'm pretty disappointed that Radcliffe and Aida turned out to be bad guys-- although if Aida isn't a real AI, she can be whatever you want her to be.  Luckily she and Radcliffe are "just good friends."  :lol:

Looks like RoboMay thinks that she's really May, which is interesting. It means that her flirting with Coulson is based on real May's feelings, but I have to wonder why they made her unaware that she is a duplicate.

Daisy was being a bit unfairly snarky to Mace, considering that she did go all rogue and break the law and destroy billions of dollars in property and so forth.

Mack's robophobia was strangely hilarious-- he's got a death-by-robot rider on his health insurance policy?-- and I loved his ongoing banter with YoYo. "You'd make them watch Terminator: Salvation?"  "They brought it on themselves."  :lol:

Now I wonder what Radcliffe really wants and how long he's been after the Darkhold. Did this just start when he got a look at it a few episodes ago, or was he previously aware of it?  And is he just looking for eternal life or is there more to it?  And does he have other LMDs waiting in the wings?

#9 G-man

G-man

Is there a problem?

• 8,149 posts

Posted 13 January 2017 - 01:26 PM

^^^ Unfairly snarky?

She's meeting a boss she does not know, whom her friends do not particularly like or trust, who has a penchant for condescension, buzzwords, and platitudes.  Through her snark, she took the director out of his conversational comfort zone arguably leading to a more open and honest conversation.  Something that I suspect none of the other members had actually experienced with him.

It seems to me that the snark, aside from being part of Daisy's character, was necessary.

/s/

Gloriosus
the G-man Himself
-- Doc Savage

#10 RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes

Idealistic Cynic

• Demigod
  • 10,559 posts

Posted 13 January 2017 - 06:44 PM

Aw, Mace is okay.  After Daisy went rogue and spent months destroying bridges and other stuff, he used his powers of Super-PR to turn her into a national hero. She could have been a little nicer.  :lol:

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Agents of SHIELD, Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D., Marvels Agents of SHIELD, Marvel TV

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users