Agents of SHIELD Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. Marvels Agents of SHIELD Marvel TV

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 G-man

G-man

Is there a problem?

• 8,084 posts

Posted 17 January 2017 - 09:07 AM

Coulson and Mack discover a secret about Mace, which puts all of S.H.I.E.L.D. in a dangerous spot.

And the Sneak Peeks:

Things are definitely taking an interesting turn.

Remember to tune into ABC tonight, True Believers, at 10pm Eastern/9p Central, to see what happens next.

/s/

Gloriosus
the G-man Himself
Let me strive every moment of my life to make myself better and better, to the best of my ability, so that all may profit by it.
Let me think of the right and lend my assistance to all who may need it, with no regard for anything but justice.
Let me take what comes with a smile, without loss of courage.
Let me be considerate of my country, of my fellow citizens, and my associates in everything I say and do.
Let me do right to all, and wrong no man.
-- Doc Savage

Few people want to be moderated, most people see the need for everyone else to be moderated. -- Orpheus

#2 RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes

Idealistic Cynic

• Demigod
  • 10,094 posts

Posted 17 January 2017 - 06:13 PM

Talbot's back!  And poor Mack is in a suit and tie.  :no:

Interesting title.  I wonder if Mace's briefcase contains a change of clothes.
Please visit The RJDiogenes Store. Posted Image   And my Gallery. Posted Image And my YouTube Page. Posted Image And read Trunkards. Posted Image  And then there's my Heroes Essays.  Posted Image

#3 G-man

G-man

Is there a problem?

• 8,084 posts

Posted 18 January 2017 - 11:48 AM

Oh-Kay.  This certainly answered some questions about Director Mace AND the May LMD.

It was nice to see the return of Talbot, and his reasoning behind appointing Director Mace was understandable, if flawed, as Coulson pointed out.  That Coulson is choosing to roll with it is, in itself, an interesting decision.

I loved Simmons' approach to interrogation:  "What was that saying you in Hydra are so fond of?" and open the case :lol:

Poor Fitz, though.  He genuinely feels that LMDs are a good idea, and is in earnest in his desire to find out what went wrong with Aida.  Will he discover Radcliffe's subroutines in Aida' programming?

Next week:  May strikes back!

/s/

Gloriosus
the G-man Himself
Let me strive every moment of my life to make myself better and better, to the best of my ability, so that all may profit by it.
Let me think of the right and lend my assistance to all who may need it, with no regard for anything but justice.
Let me take what comes with a smile, without loss of courage.
Let me be considerate of my country, of my fellow citizens, and my associates in everything I say and do.
Let me do right to all, and wrong no man.
-- Doc Savage

Few people want to be moderated, most people see the need for everyone else to be moderated. -- Orpheus

#4 RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes

Idealistic Cynic

• Demigod
  • 10,094 posts

Posted 18 January 2017 - 05:38 PM

Still waiting for On Demand to get with the program.  Looks like I guessed wrong about the briefcase, though.
Please visit The RJDiogenes Store. Posted Image   And my Gallery. Posted Image And my YouTube Page. Posted Image And read Trunkards. Posted Image  And then there's my Heroes Essays.  Posted Image

#5 RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes

Idealistic Cynic

• Demigod
  • 10,094 posts

Posted 19 January 2017 - 06:22 PM

Well, that was an interesting revelation. It made Mace both more pathetic and more admirable at the same time. In the end, he was a fraud, but the fraud he perpetrated was done to promote unity and fight Inhuman prejudice. It doesn't matter that he gets his powers from a serum-- lots of superheroes are like that-- what matters is that he believes in equal rights, and in the end he was willing to face down the Watchdogs with no powers at all.  He earned the name Patriot.

May escaping from the virtual reality booth was hilarious. They tried to sooth her with the illusion of a day spa and they just drove her crazy.   :lol: And Aida 2.0 does seem to be getting rather miffed at Radcliffe's perpetual criticisms.  And I love Radcliffe's characterization. It's not clear exactly what he wants-- maybe immortality is the extent of his goal-- but he's not malevolent at all. He wasn't happy at all that the redshirt got killed. He doesn't want to hurt anyone, he just wants... whatever he wants.

And Fitz is keeping Aida 1.0's head alive. Definitely a B-Movie subplot there.  :lol:  Although I think having the grizzled mercenary shocked into spilling his guts by the sight of a disembodied head was stretching things a bit.

It was fun having Talbot around again.  He's always good for a laugh.

And it's good to have Coulson back in the driver's seat, even if it's only behind the scenes.  Poor Mack, though.  He's had to suffer through a lot for this job, but I don't think they ever put him in a three-piece suit before.  :no:

#6 Orpheus

Orpheus

Get my agent! I'm supposed to be Castathan, not Indogene

• Administrator
  • 17,353 posts

Posted 22 January 2017 - 01:49 AM

I actually enjoyed this episode.

I ought not be surprised by this, as I came to love the series in S2, but for reasons I can't well define, I've only enjoyed a few in S4. Perhaps my enjoyment started to tail off in late S3, but boosted in the better-planned lead-up to season ending, where most writing teams try harder. Part of my ennui come from the numerous "mystical" threads, which they could have papered over by fleshing out some of the pseudo-science they left in plain sight. ProTip: "could easily have" does not equal "did". In fact, failing to actually DO something usually looks worse if doing it would have been easy. Putting Chekhov's gun on the wall isn't enough. If you don't use it, the audience may scream in unresolved tension.

I enjoyed having Talbot back -- but he seemed to be poorly written. Yes, he's often used as a bit of a comedic foil, but in his best episodes, he's clearly been a sharp operator with the experience and savvy to deserve his rank. It only makes Coulson look that much better to consistently be one up on a highly competent colleague.

Not that Coulson needs much help. He's in my top three on my I'm-straight-but-I'd-do-him-if-he-asked list, alongside Nimoy's Spock and the earlier seasons of Tyr Anasazi (and I don't know if there's a #4)

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Agents of SHIELD, Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D., Marvels Agents of SHIELD, Marvel TV

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users